Columbia academy moving to Division II in 2019

fredjones

On 3/12/2018 at 5:40 PM, ddaddy said:

What's new?

Whats new is now they can give scholarships (50% of tuition and work study) and will be able to legally get all the players that they want. Hope they get all of the players in that area because of the way they were done in all sports except football.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:43 AM, rebelboy121 said:

Whats new is now they can give scholarships (50% of tuition and work study) and will be able to legally get all the players that they want. Hope they get all of the players in that area because of the way they were done in all sports except football.

I agree! The way Maury County schools and others acted this past year was aweful! I could understand if they were BA or FRA of the past but they were not the traditional private school.

How much money do you think CA has?  Do you really think CA has this huge slush fund to bank roll unlimited scholarahips?

Might they actively seek a few athletes?  Yes. But “all the players in that area”. Give me a break.  CA still has to pay the bills and tuition in the number one way they do that.  

Plus does this mean that CA is willing to let kids in on athletic prowess only now? 

All that being said best of luck to CA. I think this change is beat for everyone.

• 1 month later...

They can offer need based financial aid...that's all.  I think it can come in the form of work study and tuition reduction...but I agree...after the way we treated them, I hope they do well.

On 3/18/2018 at 4:17 PM, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Good riddance. 

Yeah...Let's get rid of anybody who is any competition. Don't anybody put them on our schedule.  Don't want to play successful programs!  Can't have any competition in our area!  We can't compete with programs when they are doing well. Get rid of them QUICK...

Edited by tigersfan

3 hours ago, tigersfan said:

Yeah...Let's get rid of anybody who is any competition. Don't anybody put them on our schedule.  Don't want to play successful programs!  Can't have any competition in our area!  We can't compete with programs when they are doing well. Get rid of them QUICK...

Guess you aren't familiar with Trousdale? We play up. How many 2A programs have scheduled Gallatin or Lebanon? 

Yeah...we don't seem to want to step up our game.  We...here in Maury County...just want to shut out those who have a successful run.  I have said it before and I'll say it again...I'm ashamed that my team was one of those who refused to schedule CA any more.  We seem to forget that for YEARS we beat them in regular season games...and took home the Daily Herald award.  When the tide turned and they began to beat us...we tucked tail and ran.  

• Like 2