Sumner and Wilson County FBall

A couple of thoughts about WC

Stewart had 9 carries for 80 yds and caught a TD pass of 25 yds. Why only 10 touches?  Should be getting it 20-25 times a game

Saw a QB warming up pregame (think it was Farmer) who had a great arm throwing it 50 yds plus pretty easily. Why is he not playing QB?

i believe you have the players as stated above to win 5 games plus. Your offense looked like a version of the single wing with all of the spins and misdirection. Your defense wasn’t bad, we were lucky to be ahead by 10 at halftime. Should be doing better. Good luck the rest of the year.

Edited by mondo44

2 hours ago, MtJulietVol said:

Mt. Juliet defeated McGavock 38-2 last night for those that didn't know. I was unable to attend the game so can not provide any more than that.

Good win. I know people always talk about MJs weak schedule but.. I think it should be said that good teams take care of business against those weaker opponents and leave no doubt. A lot of times you’ll see a better team with a weak schedule and they have a bad outing or an unimpressive win against a lesser opponent. Even though the bears don’t play a world beater schedule they always seem to take care of business the way that really good teams should. 

1 hour ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

Good win. I know people always talk about MJs weak schedule but.. I think it should be said that good teams take care of business against those weaker opponents and leave no doubt. A lot of times you’ll see a better team with a weak schedule and they have a bad outing or an unimpressive win against a lesser opponent. Even though the bears don’t play a world beater schedule they always seem to take care of business the way that really good teams should. 

You make a fair point. I don't think Mt. Juliet is a top tier team but they do take care of business against opponents.

On 10/4/2018 at 3:05 PM, mondo44 said:

A couple of thoughts about WC

Stewart had 9 carries for 80 yds and caught a TD pass of 25 yds. Why only 10 touches?  Should be getting it 20-25 times a game

Saw a QB warming up pregame (think it was Farmer) who had a great arm throwing it 50 yds plus pretty easily. Why is he not playing QB?

i believe you have the players as stated above to win 5 games plus. Your offense looked like a version of the single wing with all of the spins and misdirection. Your defense wasn’t bad, we were lucky to be ahead by 10 at halftime. Should be doing better. Good luck the rest of the year.

I remember saying the same thing last year about the Hughes kid from Hendersonville against Lebanon.

But yeah I seen that box score for WC and was like WTH are all these kids getting touches when you have Stewart only getting 9 carries for 80 yards in a loss???

I have seen several teams that seemingly have a bigger/faster/better passing QB sitting on the bench. I know several teams I have seen have better kids sitting on the bench and its obvious. And you see them either come in for injury or the next season and light it up.

I have only seen them once on film but I didn't think they looked like I would them better than 5-5 with their schedule. But even that is better than 3-7 which they will end up.

12 hours ago, MtJulietVol said:

Mt. Juliet defeated McGavock 38-2 last night for those that didn't know. I was unable to attend the game so can not provide any more than that.

I always forget about Thursday night games. There were some good games last night.

Edited by steelcityroller

16 minutes ago, eers said:

Ok... with only a couple weeks left in the regular season, are there any coaches on the hot seat? Not just because you want them gone, but actually on the hot seat. 

Chuck Gentry at Lebanon.... JK

But in all seriousness I've seen Station Camp multiple times this year throughout the season a couple times in person and a couple times on film. They are getting worse as the season progresses IMO. The fans were in revolt mode last week against Lebanon as you had at least 5-6 people constantly yelling at the coaches. And they were bringing up valid points.

They didn't look prepared to play Lebanon. They came out and just tried to line up and run it right at Lebanon. And if you have seen them play that defense is very tough up front. That is the strength of their team the front 7 on that defense. And Station Camp just came out and lined up big or in tight packages and ran it right up the gut. And got no yardage and fumbles from the QB position for it. They had 30 carries for 32 yards. And it was either the QB handing it off on the dive play or keeping it himself darn near every time. They didn't look like they were willing or prepared to do anything else.

The fans got real mad when the score was 14-0 in the 2nd quarter and Station Camp got the ball with around 1:30 or so left in the game and they just ran out the clock and went to halftime.

I posted about it after the game. The sidelines looked dead from the opening kickoff. They looked like a defeated team when the score was 0-0.

Later in the game you had some arguing and finger pointing on the sidelines between the players.

And I will give you another example of something that sticks out to me about another struggling team in Wilson Central. Let me show you some stats.

Against Hendersonville (granted the 38-14 score dictates some here)

Ladarius Stewart had 10 touches for 106 yards and a touchdown

They had 38 other offensive plays that went for 100 yards including 9 other players with a carry

Against Mt. Juliet (a close game 21-7)

Ladarius Stewart had 11 touches for 120 yards and a touchdown

They had 23 other offensive plays that went for 50 yards including 6 other players with a carry

Against Overton (a close game 14-7)

Ladarius Stewart had 11 touches for 72 yards

They had 38 other offensive plays for 219 yards including 7 other players with a carry

For the love of god. When you have a back that is averaging nearly 10 yards every time he touches the ball why are you having 7 or 8 different kids run the ball?

Tonight against Lavergne in a 28-21 win 

Ladarius Stewart had 17 touches for 295 yards and 4 touchdowns.

They had 25 other offensive plays for 72 yards and 8 other players with a carry.

Aside the from the obvious that Stewart is a big time playmaker who isn't getting enough touches the touches for each game seem to be the same. Almost like it is scripted where each player gets x amount of carries. Just odd.

Hats off to the players and coaches of the Ellis Cougars and the Rucker Stewart Rams for yesterday’s incredible Sumner County Middle School championship game won by Ellis 64-62 in 4 OT. Playing in 90 degree heat both teams left it all on the field. Future Commandos and Green Wave. Great job by both teams!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight’s final in Clarksville Hville 35 Rossview 17, officials 250.  Don’t remember ever complaining on this forum about officials but I will tonight.  Umpire will need Tommy John surgery for all the penalties he called.  Crew was not great overall  umpire was awful.  Remember him from the jamboree this year when he called unsportsmanlike on the DCA coaches for asking which number was called for holding.. So few people there you could hear every word.  Needless to say a record breaking night for the officiating crew.