Hendersonville 1531 1510 1
Station Camp 1756 1470 16
Portland 1089 1073 1
  7023 7059 0
Lebanon 1905 1897 0
Mt. Juliet 2145 2228 4
Wilson Central 1876 1926 3
  5926 6051 2

Looks like for Baseball/Softball/Basketball everyone stays. Beech will have to move up in Soccer. 

Station camp very close (65 students to hit 20%) to being able to move down to 5a in football. If the rezoning actually goes into effect the Beech number will go up at the start of next year and the Station camp number will go down by what i would assume is more than 65 students. I've heard anywhere from 200-300 would move from station camp to beech next year without the ability to grandfather.  If I were that AD I would propose Beech and Station Camp swap football schedules/regions if that occurs. Really wouldn't change other sports except maybe station camp soccer might be able to move down to AA. 

I wasn’t aware MJ had an enrollment of 2200... Must be nice. 

50 minutes ago, BoomKing2006 said:

Wilson county = 4 High Schools (including watertown... about to be 5)

Sumner County = 8 High Schools (about to be 9)

In short... sumner county has too many high schools

I’d say they’re doing everyone a favor. You give Hendersonville half of Beech’s students or Visa Versa and it’s all over buddy..

7 minutes ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

I’d say they’re doing everyone a favor. You give Hendersonville half of Beech’s students or Visa Versa and it’s all over buddy..

Obviously won't ever happen but consolidating the 4 major schools into 3 would give each school around 2000 kids. Station camp could act as a "central high school" 

I would also consolidate white house/portland/westmoreland into 2 schools as well in a way. 

and you know what... we forgot all about merrol hyde

2 hours ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

Consolidate Beech, HHS, Gallatin and SC into 3 schools and you would have Rutherford County type teams. If Sumner Co ever wants to compete on a regular basis at the highest levels of 6A, this would have to take place. It’s such a tough road for HHS and SC now.  HHS has a really good team this year, but will be fortunate to make it past the second round. Just think of how many good football players MJ gets from that extra 350 or so male students. I’d love it if all Sumner high schools were 5A. Maybe Cottontown High will make that happen. Imagine how many state championships would come out of that?

1 hour ago, tandem said:

Consolidate Beech, HHS, Gallatin and SC into 3 schools and you would have Rutherford County type teams. If Sumner Co ever wants to compete on a regular basis at the highest levels of 6A, this would have to take place. It’s such a tough road for HHS and SC now.  HHS has a really good team this year, but will be fortunate to make it past the second round. Just think of how many good football players MJ gets from that extra 350 or so male students. I’d love it if all Sumner high schools were 5A. Maybe Cottontown High will make that happen. Imagine how many state championships would come out of that?

It would only matter for Hendersonville. Station Camp would have to go to 2A to get close to having a shot and that’s not a given. :roflol:

10 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well our freshman team has been playing with 24 players the last few weeks. They're undefeated and have beaten Shelbyvilles JV team and Lebanon last week who was also undefeated. Sometimes teams make the most of it.

Having won 7 of the last 10 Beech played against MJ in the regular season, the Bucs are used to being able to "make the most of it".