Sumner and Wilson County FBall

3 hours ago, eers said:

Sounds like a mutiny in Gallatin? I personally don’t think there will be a change, so here’s my question. 

What will you and the other Gallatin faithful do to make what you have work, assuming no change is made? 

Becker is the only one who can make a change.  I have heard of a bunch of unrest but not sure how that translates yet.  

You have to support the program and who is is in charge and try to make things work.  Step out of the box and if you see a need, then try to work and help out.  With an old stadium, there is plenty to do and a lot of opportunities to do it.  If you are an alumni or former player then you can ask and help.  Trust me on this, nobody wants to lose and nobody has a perfect answer.  

The pure lack of effort at times is what is hardest to watch. If the coach can't even make the players go all out for the entirety of a game, why go out on a limb to help the guy? There is no beating around the bush here. You have to take off the green tinted glasses and just accept that the coaching is extremely underwhelming. Especially compared to the schools we needs to compete with. You know, many on here love to talk about Trey Perry, but let me tell you something...his players would absolutely run through a brick wall for him, and all he does is keep winning. And the weightroom is a BIG DEAL as well for them and it shows. The Gallatin coaching staff is not doing everything in there might to be the best team they can possibly be. Point. Blank. Period. 

Edited by thegreatone36

14 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

The pure lack of effort at times is what is hardest to watch. If the coach can't even make the players go all out for the entirety of a game, why go out on a limb to help the guy? There is no beating around the bush here. You have to take off the green tinted glasses and just accept that the coaching is extremely underwhelming. Especially compared to the schools we needs to compete with. You know, many on here love to talk about Trey Perry, but let me tell you something...his players would absolutely run through a brick wall for him, and all he does is keep winning. And the weightroom is a BIG DEAL as well for them and it shows. The Gallatin coaching staff is not doing everything in there might to be the best team they can possibly be. Point. Blank. Period. 

Trey was not winning when he first got there and he was definitely on the hot seat until he started winning.  I agree the weight room is a big deal.  That is why I always wondered why weights were not pushed at the middle school level like they were before the middle school split.  Which by the way, Gallatin was pretty dominant back then as well.  I think you once said that Lassiter was who you played for, is that correct?  I never thought he achieved what Short did, neither did Jerry for that matter.  Now for argument sake Mark hasn’t either.  Those type coaches don’t come around too often.  Are they out there...well yeah!  Did some interview last time?  Yes they did.  

1 hour ago, Fballfan1978 said:

i always hear you guys talking about Gallatin and what they did in the past, how good were they? (serious question Memphis native soI paid more attention to our inner city first)

3 state titles, 3 runner-ups, nationally ranked a few times, and if you go back further multiple bowl winners before playoffs and numerous winning seasons.  Used to be a top ten in wins in the state.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Trey was not winning when he first got there and he was definitely on the hot seat until he started winning.  I agree the weight room is a big deal.  That is why I always wondered why weights were not pushed at the middle school level like they were before the middle school split.  Which by the way, Gallatin was pretty dominant back then as well.  I think you once said that Lassiter was who you played for, is that correct?  I never thought he achieved what Short did, neither did Jerry for that matter.  Now for argument sake Mark hasn’t either.  Those type coaches don’t come around too often.  Are they out there...well yeah!  Did some interview last time?  Yes they did.  

None of those 3 named coaches (Lassiter, Joslin, Short) have never: Lost to Station Camp, Lost to Portland, lost to Trousdale. They also have never consistently got a mud hole stomped into them by every rival team on their schedule. Or did they lose to Beech 7 years in a row (Lassiter is the last coach to beat them, mind you they had Jalen Hurd at RB that year, too.) Those 3 also never ran away from any of the Murfreesboro powers, and in fact they all 3 did well against those big schools. Maybe only Coach Short was the one to make it to 5 state championship games and win 3, But the other two coaches did NOT embarrass the Gallatin Football Program and turn it into a county beating stick. 

Last time. if you had chance at Crabtree, Creasy then someone made a bad decision! Who made that decision? Principal, QB Club, committee! Probably can't get either one now! Do you have a coach on staff that wants it?

This program has been on downturn for past 20 years, as the results show. You guys were not happy with the aforementioned coaches and now Williams is at fault! It really is a SHAME!

Jimb, This program was primed for a Creasy or Crabtree caliber of coach in 2011 when Coach Lassiter retired. The talent was high and was coming off of a solid 9-1 year with noteable wins over Oakland, Brentwood, Beech, Hville. & in the previous 3 years, had a qtr finals appearance in a 3 point loss to eventual state champ Beech, (after beating Beech just 7-0 earlier that year) and a trip up to Canton Ohio to play the Bulldogs in the NFL Hall Of Fame Stadium. The program was in a solid state.

Edited by thegreatone36

15 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Jimb, This program was primed for a Creasy or Crabtree caliber of coach in 2011 when Coach Lassiter retired. The talent was high and was coming off of a solid 9-1 year with noteable wins over Oakland, Brentwood, Beech, Hville. & in the previous 3 years, had a qtr finals appearance in a 3 point loss to eventual state champ Beech, (after beating Beech just 7-0 earlier that year) and a trip up to Canton Ohio to play the Bulldogs in the NFL Hall Of Fame Stadium. The program was in a solid state.

Also came to Henry County and stomped a mudhole in us during the '09 playoffs. Gallatin was solid.