Sumner and Wilson County FBall

1 hour ago, jimb1972 said:

Last time. if you had chance at Crabtree, Creasy then someone made a bad decision! Who made that decision? Principal, QB Club, committee! Probably can't get either one now! Do you have a coach on staff that wants it?

This program has been on downturn for past 20 years, as the results show. You guys were not happy with the aforementioned coaches and now Williams is at fault! It really is a SHAME!

Both interviewed for the job.  Principal Becker made the final call.  

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

None of those 3 named coaches (Lassiter, Joslin, Short) have never: Lost to Station Camp, Lost to Portland, lost to Trousdale. They also have never consistently got a mud hole stomped into them by every rival team on their schedule. Or did they lose to Beech 7 years in a row (Lassiter is the last coach to beat them, mind you they had Jalen Hurd at RB that year, too.) Those 3 also never ran away from any of the Murfreesboro powers, and in fact they all 3 did well against those big schools. Maybe only Coach Short was the one to make it to 5 state championship games and win 3, But the other two coaches did NOT embarrass the Gallatin Football Program and turn it into a county beating stick. 

Your right they did not lose to those teams but one did lose to Antioch and McGavock.  McGavock a team that had turned Gallatin into the TSSAA the year before for an ineligible player.  Not too mention splitting with Overton over a 4 year period.  None were powerhouse programs.  And it was 6 state championship appearances but you cannot deny win and loss records.  

Point is you have to be careful who you compare each other too.  

Edited by GWAVE1

6 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Your right they did not lose to those teams but one did lose to Antioch and McGavock.  McGavock a team that had turned Gallatin into the TSSAA the year before for an ineligible player.  Not too mention splitting with Overton over a 4 year period.  None were powerhouse programs.  And it was 6 state championship appearances but you cannot deny win and loss records.  

Name me one REALLY GOOD team Mark Williams has beaten in 7 years? I mean how can you even put him and Lassiter into the same category? Name me just one. He beat MJ only when they were literally going 5-5 for a couple years. Never has beaten Beech. Lost to Hville more than he has won. And is scared to even consider putting a Boro team on the schedule unlike all the previous staffs before him. He has only went 5-5 because of a favorable schedule these days that features powerhouse teams like Hunters Lane, Hillwood, Glencliff.....

13 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Name me one REALLY GOOD team Mark Williams has beaten in 7 years? I mean how can you even put him and Lassiter into the same category? Name me just one. He beat MJ only when they were literally going 5-5 for a couple years. Never has beaten Beech. Lost to Hville more than he has won. And is scared to even consider putting a Boro team on the schedule unlike all the previous staffs before him. He has only went 5-5 because of a favorable schedule these days that features powerhouse teams like Hunters Lane, Hillwood, Glencliff.....

In my opinion, and I may have forgotten one, Shelbyville in the playoffs, Henry Co at home and maybe the year we knocked Hendersonville from a playoff spot were his best wins.  But you are right, there have not been many big wins.  Total wins and losses have to be considered. 

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

In my opinion, and I may have forgotten one, Shelbyville in the playoffs, Henry Co at home and maybe the year we knocked Hendersonville from a playoff spot were his best wins.  But you are right, there have not been many big wins.  Total wins and losses have to be considered. 

I think those are good wins for HIS tenure, only because of the circumstances. Shelbyville was a good win because it was playoffs. Henry Co. wasn't very strong that year as they went 6-5. Gallatin beat them 50-49 and it was mainly because of Jordan Mason just being the best athlete on the field. And I expect Gallatin to split some matchups with Beech & Hville, given they are rivals. But getting blown out yearly by the big 3 on the schedule (Beech HHS MJ) is not my cup of tea.

GWAVE I always respect your opinion. You provide good insight to whats going on. I just can't get behind this coaching staff any longer. To me they have just proven to be a weak link. I think the talent has been good enough to knock off a legit deep playoff contending team here & there.

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

I think those are good wins for HIS tenure, only because of the circumstances. Shelbyville was a good win because it was playoffs. Henry Co. wasn't very strong that year as they went 6-5. Gallatin beat them 50-49 and it was mainly because of Jordan Mason just being the best athlete on the field. And I expect Gallatin to split some matchups with Beech & Hville, given they are rivals. But getting blown out yearly by the big 3 on the schedule (Beech HHS MJ) is not my cup of tea.

GWAVE I always respect your opinion. You provide good insight to whats going on. I just can't get behind this coaching staff any longer. To me they have just proven to be a weak link. I think the talent has been good enough to knock off a legit deep playoff contending team here & there.

Well let me tell ya, you are not alone.  There is a lot of unhappiness across the landscape.  At some point things have to change.  I think the noise is getting louder.  I have all the respect in the world for coaches.  They have a tough job and do more for some kids then we ever know.  However, you are judged especially at a traditional winning school, by wins and losses.  Maybe that is not fair but that is truth.  You can not deny the talent level the past 6 years.  

1 hour ago, MrFootball71 said:

Other than the Mason kid who went to GA Tech tell me about all the talent. All state players? 

All time leading passer at Gallatin in Carnes.  He had a really good receiver too.  Also have Gatek Kuith (sp) at Tennessee.   Really good linebacker just graduated last year too I think he is at East Tennessee.  But there have been several quality kids that were really good high school players.  

On 11/6/2018 at 9:47 AM, GWAVE1 said:

Well let me tell ya, you are not alone.  There is a lot of unhappiness across the landscape.  At some point things have to change.  I think the noise is getting louder.  I have all the respect in the world for coaches.  They have a tough job and do more for some kids then we ever know.  However, you are judged especially at a traditional winning school, by wins and losses.  Maybe that is not fair but that is truth.  You can not deny the talent level the past 6 years.  

I’ve heard some rumors about this one. What started as some whispers a couple years ago has increasingly gotten louder. A lot of people calling for a new coach. Just not sure the administration is listening and even if they are, I’m not sure they will do anything. 

I’ve had several people tell me Williams isn’t the problem and that he doesn’t have any real help from the assistants. Not sure about that or if he has had control over who has been hired. Any thoughts on this?

When not following my Jackets, I try to keep up with the Wave. 40+ years and counting! Been to many games! Larger schools need a "staff of coaches" to be successful, as well as players. That was a big advantage that Short had! It sickens me that in todays society everything falls on coaches. Coaches are in a no win situation unless they are extremely successful! At times it is coaches, but usually the problem is johnnies and joes. And there is a complete lack of loyalty in high schools these days, too many parents with influence are allowed to run the show. Maybe Becker should be held more accountable, if it was his hire. Remember Dan Herron, he put an emphasis on winning. Parents do not want their child disciplined, but wonder why team has none. Parents say team is soft, but this too starts at home! Hopefully, Becker will not bow down!

GO JACKETS!