Sumner and Wilson County FBall

20 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Let me ask you a question if I may.   This is not trying to start anything, just a question.   What are you doing to support Gallatin Green Wave football?  Are you buying season tickets, going to the Steak dinner and auction, reverse raffle?  Are you volunteering to help with the stadium renovations?  Are you telling kids reasons why they should go out for football or stay on the team?  What are you doing to help?  Like I said, not trying to start anything, just curious.  

I go to games every year. I have played on that field many of times. The success to failure ratio was much different might I add. No I do not give my funds currently to the program other than tickets because that to me would be supporting the mess they are producing yearly. I was never approached or encouraged by anybody before high school to play for the Gallatin Green Wave. But I wanted to do so on my OWN, because it seemed at the time like such an achievement to be able to wear the Green & Gold on a Friday night. The success that came before me and my teammates was enough to make me want to play. The program is doing absolutely nothing to make a young man want to badly play for Gallatin right now. The program has went soft in all honesty. Before when there was a loss, you knew it and it wore on you very hard. Now everybody is fine after getting absolutely MOPPED by every. single. rival. on the schedule. They basically sing kumbaya these days after their losses. Embarrassing their program that has worked hard for DECADES to be a football team that was taken seriously by every opponent. And it's just strange that there has only been one major change in the program when all the embarrassment began. So, what is your HONEST take on what will turn this football program around into being taken seriously again? I'm only curious, thanks.

Edited by thegreatone36

On 10/29/2018 at 6:34 PM, mondo44 said:

Based on this the Catfish House will see a major dip in revenues on a Friday night in August next year.  Greenwave84EG has been a major contributor to the economy of Robertson County at least every other year.

Hate to lose revenue in Robertson County, lol! I hate to see the Gallatin game leave the Springfield schedule as well. I would think that our JV/freshmen numbers sometimes have us combine those teams may be the reason we couldn’t guarantee both frosh and JV  games. 

On 10/29/2018 at 5:06 PM, GWAVE1 said:

I always enjoyed the Springfield renewed rivalry.  I hate that it gets bumped but Lebanon is Gallatin’s longest rival.  Maybe they will still scrimmage each other. 

The Springfield Faithful enjoy when the Jackets and Green Wave play.  It is a wonderful football atmosphere at both fields.  

5 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

The Springfield Yellow Jacket faithful is very very pleased with our HC.  I for one hope he coaching continues coaching here until he retires

Springfield is dropping Beech. I’ve enjoyed that matchup over the last several years and hate to see it go. Will be interested to see who Springfield puts in the place of Beech and Gallatin. Do you know if they are dropping Station Camp as well?

44 minutes ago, eers said:

Springfield is dropping Beech. I’ve enjoyed that matchup over the last several years and hate to see it go. Will be interested to see who Springfield puts in the place of Beech and Gallatin. Do you know if they are dropping Station Camp as well?

Sorry for the mistake of putting coaching in my comment twice I didn't have my glasses on.  JacketLover told me we were picking up Wilson Central for one of those games. I don't know who the second team was.  He will see this and answer i am sure

44 minutes ago, eers said:

Station Camp is staying.  Beech and Gallatin are not being renewed. I’ve heard mentions of who will take their place but I’ll wait until it’s officially announced because you can’t believe everything you hear. Like I previously said, I hate to see the Gallatin game go. They were our biggest rival when I was in school in the early 80s. 

19 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Station Camp is staying.  Beech and Gallatin are not being renewed. I’ve heard mentions of who will take their place but I’ll wait until it’s officially announced because you can’t believe everything you hear. Like I previously said, I hate to see the Gallatin game go. They were our biggest rival when I was in school in the early 80s. 

I’ve enjoyed the games with Beech and Springfield.  Can’t say I didn’t see it coming though.  Also can’t say I blame them for keeping SC. :roflol:

24 minutes ago, eers said:

I’ve enjoyed the games with Beech and Springfield.  Can’t say I didn’t see it coming though.  Also can’t say I blame them for keeping SC. :roflol:

Beech was always good competition for sure.  I think the series had gotten a little stale though and both schools were ready for a change. If we had won a couple it may have helped but not sure. Station Camp gives us a different look than we see from anyone else early. 

3 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Beech was always good competition for sure.  I think the series had gotten a little stale though and both schools were ready for a change. If we had won a couple it may have helped but not sure. Station Camp gives us a different look than we see from anyone else early. 

I have it on pretty good authority this was decided after the 49-0 game last year. 

23 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

I go to games every year. I have played on that field many of times. The success to failure ratio was much different might I add. No I do not give my funds currently to the program other than tickets because that to me would be supporting the mess they are producing yearly. I was never approached or encouraged by anybody before high school to play for the Gallatin Green Wave. But I wanted to do so on my OWN, because it seemed at the time like such an achievement to be able to wear the Green & Gold on a Friday night. The success that came before me and my teammates was enough to make me want to play. The program is doing absolutely nothing to make a young man want to badly play for Gallatin right now. The program has went soft in all honesty. Before when there was a loss, you knew it and it wore on you very hard. Now everybody is fine after getting absolutely MOPPED by every. single. rival. on the schedule. They basically sing kumbaya these days after their losses. Embarrassing their program that has worked hard for DECADES to be a football team that was taken seriously by every opponent. And it's just strange that there has only been one major change in the program when all the embarrassment began. So, what is your HONEST take on what will turn this football program around into being taken seriously again? I'm only curious, thanks.

The only way in all honesty is to win.  You have to beat the teams you are supposed to, beat your county rivals, and then win some you were not supposed to.  That is the only way you get taken seriously.  

On 11/3/2018 at 7:58 AM, thegreatone36 said:

The same thing has been happening @ Station Camp for years now, but they have not had the talent of Ghs,Bhs, Hhs mostly every year. Gallatin is really suprising me with how long they have held on to this guy.

There are many reasons it makes sense to change. If the school is not worried about wins and losses, then I know for sure they are concerned about money. And Gallatin football has brought big money to that school for years. The QB club has been of major support to all GHS sports. The way the football program looks, the ticket gates and QB club support are taking a big hit.

As far as on the field, it's obvious almost every game that I have gone to that the players are very under coached and way out of position all the time. They do not follow blocks well, they dont often play to the whistle. You could talk about the simple and predictable playcalling, but I think that is a moot point since they can't even do the simple things correctly. They still have good football players going through the school. But if they do not make the change, they will all start going elsewhere, book it.

Sounds like a mutiny in Gallatin? I personally don’t think there will be a change, so here’s my question. 

What will you and the other Gallatin faithful do to make what you have work, assuming no change is made?