Sumner and Wilson County FBall

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Tough defensive scrimmage with Lebanon tonight.  Gallatin is still finding depth but I think the improved from last week on defense.  Offense still needs to finish and make the catch.  They are getting better.  

Who won the scrimmage between you and lebanon ?

6 hours ago, Volstate said:

Who won the scrimmage between you and lebanon ?

2-1 Lebanon in the varsity portion.  Lebanon scored on 2 long passes and busted coverage.  Gallatin scored on the run.  Both sides were substituting players so not sure if either side had their ones in completely.  The refs were calling dead the QB when the other team got close to him yet not marking off as a sack or letting them run much.  I was more impressed by Gallatin’s defensive effort over last week and the ability to control the big prospect on their line.  Lebanon on the other hand has a tough swarming defense that will be hard to run on.  QB looks to handle the offense really well too.  

Edited by GWAVE1

18 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

2-1 Lebanon in the varsity portion.  Lebanon scored on 2 long passes and busted coverage.  Gallatin scored on the run.  Both sides were substituting players so not sure if either side had their ones in completely.  The refs were calling dead the QB when the other team got close to him yet not marking off as a sack or letting them run much.  I was more impressed by Gallatin’s defensive effort over last week and the ability to control the big prospect on their line.  Lebanon on the other hand has a tough swarming defense that will be hard to run on.  QB looks to handle the offense really well too.  

They have a really good quarterback. He was pretty much the only consistent weapon they had on offense last year.

The Wilson Post had a little write-up about the scrimmages for Lebanon, Wilson Central, Watertown and Mt. Juliet if anybody is interested.

24 minutes ago, WCndaHouse said:

GWAVE1, we've got Shelbyville Friday night. What should we expect? Heard they got a solid QB. 

They have probably one of if not THE best QB's in tenn, and  a receiving core to match him. The key to playing him is get pressure on him but make sure your safety stays at home  

2 hours ago, WCndaHouse said:

GWAVE1, we've got Shelbyville Friday night. What should we expect? Heard they got a solid QB. 

What I noticed about them is the running game seems to be a little better than the past few years. QB is exceptional and like blaze said, getting pressure on him is the key.  They are not a huge squad but have some good solid guys.  #15 went down in our scrimmage and he played wideout and safety.  I have heard it was a bad injury too.  Hope he gets better.  It is just very different playing teams that you do not scheme for in scrimmages when they pass it as much as they do.  Shelbyville is a good team and will challenge for their region championship.