2018 Sequatchie Valley Jamboree Schedule

Southtowner

8 minutes ago, AllAboutTheW said:

Now you see why lane & Morrison wouldn’t schedule us 

Lmao that’s funny. You honestly think Sequatchie would be scared to play y’all? Y’all won in a jamboree lol who gives a crap about a jamboree. Jamboree you don’t show anything at all. Especially when you play 4 teams that are here

Just my opinion on what I've saw...Whitwell looked like the best team here. Pretty solid with a veteran group. I thought SP looked real sloppy but they will be fine. SC just looked sluggish. Almost like they were just going through the motions only. Jasper has some skill guys but their line is weak from what I saw. Silverdale had a guy who was number 1 who was a good looking ball player. Lookout Valley...they tried. Grundy put forth fight.

I agree with PowerP.  Whitwell best team I seen tonight.  Their running game looked very solid.  #3 and #31 look to be in midseason form.  Sequatchie was very vanilla.  They were just there going thru the motions like powerp said.  Seemed to wanna work on their punting game I suppose.  #54 for Lookout Valley had a decent game. The running back for Bledsoe stood out on their team. #1 for Silverdale should play both ways but only played on defense from what I saw.  The Nunley boys for Grundy looked good.  I think they are #2 & #4 ? For Jasper they have some skill guys and I really like the Nunez kid #11 for them.  He will be a standout player for them. I think he's just a sophomore.   As far as the Pirates go, I think we will be ok once the season starts and we get some real game time under our belts.  We only have 5 seniors so this is still a very young team.  Nice dress rehearsal for all the teams tonight.

29 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I agree with PowerP.  Whitwell best team I seen tonight.  Their running game looked very solid.  #3 and #31 look to be in midseason form.  Sequatchie was very vanilla.  They were just there going thru the motions like powerp said.  Seemed to wanna work on their punting game I suppose.  #54 for Lookout Valley had a decent game. The running back for Bledsoe stood out on their team. #1 for Silverdale should play both ways but only played on defense from what I saw.  The Nunley boys for Grundy looked good.  I think they are #2 & #4 ? For Jasper they have some skill guys and I really like the Nunez kid #11 for them.  He will be a standout player for them. I think he's just a sophomore.   As far as the Pirates go, I think we will be ok once the season starts and we get some real game time under our belts.  We only have 5 seniors so this is still a very young team.  Nice dress rehearsal for all the teams tonight.

Sequatchie played lights out against tyner in the scrimmage. Tonight was totally different. Just seemed like they wasn’t trying there best imo. The 2 captains we had should be back Friday hopefully. Hudson and Jackson will help us out a lot when they get cleared 

Grundy- Thought looked better. Are they good enough to win more games? Maybe. Better structure within the program should see growth at some point. 

LV- Numbers looked up which is a good thing. They looked like a bunch that played hard every snap. Sometimes it's just about the jimmy and Joe's.

Silverdale- I thought looked decent. Looked well coach and got to the ball on defense. Are they wing T or spread? Came out in spread against Whitwell and had maybe 15 yds of Offense and had a safety. Wing T vs Marion didn't look any Better.

Marion- Thought they didn't look so good tonight on offense. They will get better as the year goes along. New system. Defense I thought looked pretty impressive at times. Got to the ball well

Sequatchie- Only played Varsity vs Whitwell. I thought they struggled and like many said, going thru the motions. Hicks had maybe 8 yds rushing and Sequatchie as a whole had maybe 15 yds. Did they sandbag? Who knows, will be a tough game next week either way.

SP- I thought looked   at times on offense and really sloppy at times Defense very Impressive tonight. They have the parts to be a good team. Vic will have them ready .

Whitwell- I thought played very well tonight.

To me I was most impressed with Grundy. They played hard and had a lot of excitement on the field and in the stands. I would say Whitwell was probably the overall best looking. It's hard to really gauge much on anyone though. I liked our last qtr because our freshmen got to play that one and the rb we are all excited about lit the field up. He will represent that #8 Jersey well.

41 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Silverdale's #1 is a friend of mines son. He played qb in their 2nd qtr. He is a stud if they would just let him play. Made some good throws and has the ability to get outside on you too. He would definitely be on the field more if he was in the valley.

Edited by PurplePower68