Greeneville/Fulton Scrimmage @ Carson Newman

DevilMan03

11 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

Yes Tad Vols it was extremely Hot . Or at least this old man thought it was lol. I tell you one thing Fulton is s great program and coach Black is doing an absolute great job with those kid's. Their improvement up front from one year to the next is very impressive. Hope you guys stay healthy I know you all are worried a little bit about Depth. But if you can stay healthy you have just as good of chance as anyone to bring home a Gold Ball. And I really do believe that

Thanks 87 ... we are better up front .. Coach Black teaching more than football .. there was chatter going on.. but mostly these teams have earned each other's respect . Greeneville always hardnosed tough .. looking for another 4a gold from u guys 

3 hours ago, whytheattitude said:

Even Steven. You lost. Unbeatable GreenEville. Devilman, you brought this on Greeneville. You talk way too much!!!  Just enjoy your awesome ride

If Greeneville had lost the scrimmage 28-0 I’d agree with you. But In a scrimmage where our qb is dead and we live on the option/pass I have to disagree like everyone else. This scrimmage could have been completely different with live qbs. When our backup came in he was live and you could tell the difference with a live qb vs. not. The blitzes knew Ballard wouldn’t keep the ball so they knew exactly what to do. But if it makes you fell better believe what you want 

Having the qb dead changes more things than you think. Anyone will agree with you who is a Fulton or Greeneville fan. 

Ballard will be turned loose Wednesday against Farragut and I bet Malone will be loose against Ac on Wednesday as well.

Fulton go win 5a! I’ll be cheering you on as I know you’ll be cheering for us in 4a! 

Edited by DevilMan03

45 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

I don't believe either QB will be turned lose Wednesday. To close to the start of the season. I believe it will be no contact for both of them

Ballard has to get His son ready for the season at some point. He even stated on camera after the scrimmage how he may do it Wednesday. He also stated how much it helped the Fulton Defense knowing Ballard wasn’t running. They could always attack 

6 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Ballard has to get His son ready for the season at some point. He even stated on camera after the scrimmage how he may do it Wednesday. He also stated how much it helped the Fulton Defense knowing Ballard wasn’t running. They could always attack 

1:00 in the morning Devilman,hope that scrimmage didn't cause you to drink.Two weeks before the season but the main thing is this.Coach will have his team ready for the playoffs and that 5 game run.Who cares about preseason.Even  games like DB are just to prepare.They will be fine

I agree it helped Fulton defense knowing he wasn't going to run. But to be fair it helped both team's on defense. If he is live Wednesday that's fine with me. Just hope everyone comes out of it healthy because on Thursday morning they will still be 0-0 on the season regardless of the outcome Wednesday. And as far as getting him ready he is a 4 year starter and 4A Mister football in the state of Tennessee I think he is ready. He hadn't forgot how to run the football. 

6 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Sure Greeneville depends on Ballard running ...  Fulton still was accounting for him with a man .. there were alot of plays he kept it but the Fulton guy was right in position waiting on him ... but YES it does hamper you some and he breaks some tackles .. Fulton defense so so fats that help would be there fast anyway if he gets slowed down ...   there were plays out there on both sides ... fact is both teams got great work .. it was hot they got to try to play through getting tired .. both teams felt it .. both  teams were aggresive ..  I thought Greeneville wasnt as physical as normal .. their running backs arent as good and Fulton doesnt have the speed back it has been used too ... Ballard will get keyed on for sure ... Greeneville should have no problems in 4A  - Gold Ball on the way ... Greeneville has 3 Big WR's that they ran bubble after bubble  but Fulton was able to not allow a big gainer on ...  and Fulton Corners are small ..I would have thought the WR's for Greeneville would have been more physical  ... Fulton much improved on OL and DL though a few more bodies to spell .. last year lineman played alot both ways and some still do but not as many ...  Good LucK  .. Devils  

4 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

I agree it helped Fulton defense knowing he wasn't going to run. But to be fair it helped both team's on defense. If he is live Wednesday that's fine with me. Just hope everyone comes out of it healthy because on Thursday morning they will still be 0-0 on the season regardless of the outcome Wednesday. And as far as getting him ready he is a 4 year starter and 4A Mister football in the state of Tennessee I think he is ready. He hadn't forgot how to run the football. 

He did keep the ball some ..  and I realize the kid is strong  .. real stron and sure he would have broke some tackles .. but Greeneville needs more balance .. cant depend on 1 kid that much ... I was expecting them to throw down the field more  ...  all they ran was a couple slants and bubbles ... and aside from 47 getting a couple pretty good gains  the RB's didnt have any success .. both teams can improve running game between the tackles ..  it was tough .. Fulton has big RB;s this year ..#6  carried a bout 5 Devils for about 10 yards on 1 carry  ..and 47 ran hard for Greeneville and is a good LB with some pop ...  

Here’s what I know— the Devils will be ready—- Cade not running the ball doesn’t allow the offense balance—- No reason for him to run the ball or be “live” in a scrimmage and take the chance of getting him hurt before season...Scrimmage scores don’t matter to anyone except to fans on here (lol). The coaches know what they are doing.  The boys said Cade got off the bus and started running sprints (that kid has ice in his veins and mentally tough and super smart) can’t wait to see him play at West Point.  Fulton was physical, well coached, quick and gave us just what we both needed! Both teams respect each other and helped prepare each for their season opener!   Go Devils!  Good luck Fulton!  Both teams should be top contenders! Very proud and impressed with both programs 

2 minutes ago, greene4747 said:

Here’s what I know— the Devils will be ready—- Cade not running the ball doesn’t allow the offense balance—- No reason for him to run the ball or be “live” in a scrimmage and take the chance of getting him hurt before season...Scrimmage scores don’t matter to anyone except to fans on here (lol). The coaches know what they are doing.  The boys said Cade got off the bus and started running sprints (that kid has ice in his veins and mentally tough and super smart) can’t wait to see him play at West Point.  Fulton was physical, well coached, quick and gave us just what we both needed! Both teams respect each other and helped prepare each for their season opener!   Go Devils!  Good luck Fulton!  Both teams should be top contenders! Very proud and impressed with both programs 

Well said .. Good Luck to Cade and the Greenedevils ... good young man  ....  you are correct alot of respect there  .. its earned  .. and it has been earned from the Coaches on down  to the players ...