Greenback travels to Loudon to take on the Redskins

orngnblk

3 minutes ago, Chief6684 said:

Also lost 2 lineman in 1st couple of series that was killing GB up front. Was told both are out for year. Still no official word on Jackson for rest of year.

I hate to see these kids get hurt. I hope they get well soon. Drew is a ball player. Hope he’s ok! 

Not sure what to take out of this game other than it was sloppy. Which was caused by the dreadful rain the ENTIRE game. Hard to sling the ball around when it weighs 20 lbs. Offense scored at the top of a hat but defense couldn’t stop anything Loudon was doing until Jackson went out with an injury. Only thing to come out of this is great to get a win but defense needs to find something within them to get going and stay going. 

28 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Not sure what to take out of this game other than it was sloppy. Which was caused by the dreadful rain the ENTIRE game. Hard to sling the ball around when it weighs 20 lbs. Offense scored at the top of a hat but defense couldn’t stop anything Loudon was doing until Jackson went out with an injury. Only thing to come out of this is great to get a win but defense needs to find something within them to get going and stay going. 

One thing I liked was #24 up the gut he is a load to take down. 

My final opinion (like it matters) lol,If Jackson stays may have been a different outcome,lineman played very good for Loudon but Drew was the deciding factor.Rain didnt help but both teams have to play in it.To be a contender again we have to be able to play in these type conditions,heck it may rain every Fri!Our pass interference penalties are ridiculous we extended two 3rd downs in the first quarter alone that could have been potential scores for us.Loudon couldnt contain our O when the field was more playable,we have to clean that up.Im not sure if man to man will work right now its costing us too much.IMO.#24 is a load and also in my humble opinion needs to be on the field on O and D he plays downhill on both sides.Needs to learn to get the pads down when running and he will be a force!He STUCK some kids from the LB position,i really liked that.We will get better each week and games like this WILL be a great sharpening stone.GFD you are right,when we talked earlier in the game at that time the line was playing pretty consistant then they got lazy.Got some real good kids up front but they need play every down like it!If i had to rate this game it would be a 5 out of 10.D disappointed me and the running game just isnt there yet,before anyone corrects me i know that will get better soon,but we have to work with what we have right now.Passing game gets a bye because of the weather.Still a good day to be a Cherokee and Loudon County Champs threee years on a row.:popcorneater:

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

My final opinion (like it matters) lol,If Jackson stays may have been a different outcome,lineman played very good for Loudon but Drew was the deciding factor.Rain didnt help but both teams have to play in it.To be a contender again we have to be able to play in these type conditions,heck it may rain every Fri!Our pass interference penalties are ridiculous we extended two 3rd downs in the first quarter alone that could have been potential scores for us.Loudon couldnt contain our O when the field was more playable,we have to clean that up.Im not sure if man to man will work right now its costing us too much.IMO.#24 is a load and also in my humble opinion needs to be on the field on O and D he plays downhill on both sides.Needs to learn to get the pads down when running and he will be a force!He STUCK some kids from the LB position,i really liked that.We will get better each week and games like this WILL be a great sharpening stone.GFD you are right,when we talked earlier in the game at that time the line was playing pretty consistant then they got lazy.Got some real good kids up front but they need play every down like it!If i had to rate this game it would be a 5 out of 10.D disappointed me and the running game just isnt there yet,before anyone corrects me i know that will get better soon,but we have to work with what we have right now.Passing game gets a bye because of the weather.Still a good day to be a Cherokee and Loudon County Champs threee years on a row.:popcorneater:

Agree with you about the Jackson kid. He's As good a player as I have seen. He was nearly unstoppable when we scrimmaged Loudon as well in Meigs. I hope for his sake it's not A bad injury. Good luck to both teams rest of season.