Upperman vs Dekalb....battle of Center Hill

Hellidontno, u must be a coach or wearing blinders. First of all Dekalb is not very good at all. Warren Co was awful, Upperman pretty dang solid. Our new coaching staff is a joke, but u believe and feel what u want. Trapp hasn't gotten any better over the years. Just like me , we are both entitled to our opinion.  Dekalb will lose to Stone and Watertown in the next 2 weeks. Haven't looked past the next 2 weeks. LA best team in our region, we will like always win 1 region game vs Cumberland Co. That's it, no more for sure. Wish i had seen these posts earlier to see u had us playing a tight game va Upperman.  Lol

I'm a Dekalb guy, but those posts were ridiculous.  

2 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

Hellidontno, u must be a coach or wearing blinders. First of all Dekalb is not very good at all. Warren Co was awful, Upperman pretty dang solid. Our new coaching staff is a joke, but u believe and feel what u want. Trapp hasn't gotten any better over the years. Just like me , we are both entitled to our opinion.  Dekalb will lose to Stone and Watertown in the next 2 weeks. Haven't looked past the next 2 weeks. LA best team in our region, we will like always win 1 region game vs Cumberland Co. That's it, no more for sure. Wish i had seen these posts earlier to see u had us playing a tight game va Upperman.  Lol

Haven't seen you around here much lately Ice.  There used to be several of you DC guys that kept some good discussions going.  I don't remember user names but I remember the avitars. One guy had the guitar player and there was another poster seemed like he used a Davy Crockett looking character.  You guys supported your team, but weren't such homers that couldn't have a good discussion and gave credit where it's due.  Anyways, maybe DC is just in one of those down cycles it seems all rural schools go through from time to time.  They've got some size and athletes, are they young?  Seems like a little adversity like the punt block and the safety later on kinda took them out of it a little bit.  Usually that's an indicator of a younger team.

8 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

Livingston Academy is gonna own that region.

19 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

Well you notice he has not been back on here since. I’m a fan of supporting your team but reality has to come in play while doing it. 

I'm not a Coach I'm a guy who's kept up with the youth I'm the region. I know what Dekalb has and has coming. There young but make no mistake they will be good. There team from sophomore down is the best in the region. Yes Upperman blew them out but being in the red zone 2 times in the first qtr and coming away with nothing showed there youth. Upperman did get every call on the night. Do you think it's good that the cheated all night on there chop blocks. The rule reads if there engaged with another lineman you can't go low. Did they call it even once. There not going to win there region. Unless they toat those refs with them to every game. Trapp is a good coach. heck I'm glad he don't take off for better jobs he's had plenty offers. It will all come full circle. Then you'll be wanting to ride back with your home team. Who needs fans like you. 

On 8/26/2018 at 7:48 PM, Hellidontno said:

I'm not a Coach I'm a guy who's kept up with the youth I'm the region. I know what Dekalb has and has coming. There young but make no mistake they will be good. There team from sophomore down is the best in the region. Yes Upperman blew them out but being in the red zone 2 times in the first qtr and coming away with nothing showed there youth. Upperman did get every call on the night. Do you think it's good that the cheated all night on there chop blocks. The rule reads if there engaged with another lineman you can't go low. Did they call it even once. There not going to win there region. Unless they toat those refs with them to every game. Trapp is a good coach. heck I'm glad he don't take off for better jobs he's had plenty offers. It will all come full circle. Then you'll be wanting to ride back with your home team. Who needs fans like you. 

UHS is loaded at the Jr high level and will have 90 percent of the roster back in 2019. Caine will only get better in year two. I think Dekalb has a good young base, but not the best talent in the region by far. 

Let me try to Explain this to you Check DMS. There's no better team in the region in middle school than the saints right now. From Sophomore down by far Aldino best Qb, by Far Nokes the Best CB. By far knowles the best Saftey by far Condado is the best Lineman in his class Atnip comes back he will be by far vest Lb. These aren't things I'm making up Monday the two JVs Scrimmaged and It was 12 to 6 upperman for the simple reason Dekalbs Freshman Qb couldn't play. My son plays doesn't start but is good and daddy is proud but I was there im telling you uphs only had 4 plus plays. You may not wanna to believe this but no one will move the Ball on that group very soon. The sad thing is none of tge ones I named played because they start as underclassmen already so just see where I'm going. With what they have and have coming Trapp will get that Region title that's he's tried so hard to get 

On 8/28/2018 at 8:37 AM, UpperCumberlandMan said:

UHS is loaded at the Jr high level and will have 90 percent of the roster back in 2019. Caine will only get better in year two. I think Dekalb has a good young base, but not the best talent in the region by far. 

Not sure I am fully on board with this statement. I think the lose 8 starters on offense. All skilled except QB and 3 O-line.. On defense all secondary except one and 2 lineman. Now they will have some athletes for replacements that will get some play time this year if they keep running up the score but won't be the same.  The team now has a ton of experience under the lights which is helping. 

UMS won the 2017 Middle School Championship and came in 2nd in the 2015 game.  Youth program has a strong senior league team.  That said, in a county where kids can attend any of the three high schools they prefer, it's hard to predict which middle school kids may or may not end up at UHS.  There are ten seniors on the roster at UHS this year and they will be missed, but several strong freshman skill players who should be able to contribute in coming years.

DeKalb is not the best middle school team in the region lol. They are good but they are dependant on the 2 running backs. Sparta, York, and Livingston are middle school teams in the area that are better. Their freshmen certainly are not better than uppermans either. Some of the upperman freshmen were out also. Namely the big RB/DE who hung a long TD run and a safety on Dekalbs varsity. And I'm Pretty sure one of those kids you named that's plays varsity was also playing JV rightly so since he is a freshman. Both teams are young and talented. But if your trying to predict DeKalb dominating the U in the short future your mistaken. I'm very familiar with the boys on both teams.