Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

7 hours ago, toocool said:

Actually, no I was not one of those interviewing him but I spoke with someone who did sit in on the interview and if you would have heard what he had to say, you would have said no thanks as well. The city of Kingsport interviewed several people and was turned down several times.  A former player at DB basically called out the administration and told them that they needed to stay in house and that’s what they did. We will see what happens at the conclusion of this season but everyone might as well get behind with who we have now because bashing the staff this early in the season is a little premature. And with those saying we have talent on this team, your wrong, because we do not have the talent we’ve had in years past. Particularly on the defensive side of the ball. 

You do realize none of this even makes sense. I'm not saying somebody didn't tell you this but it doesn't add up. To start with "The City of Kingsport" didn't do the interviews did they? I thought that was done by the so called "search committee". The two coaches we've been talking about, Seals and Witten, have records that speak for themselves. I've never heard anything but positive about both at school and in the community. What could they of said in a interview that would throw up so many red flags? And it also doesn't make sense that a "former player" would have so much power that he could just basically walk in and give the order to hire Christian and forget the rest. I still think deal was sealed long before the so called national search for a coach. We probably will never know the truth.

15 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You do realize none of this even makes sense. I'm not saying somebody didn't tell you this but it doesn't add up. To start with "The City of Kingsport" didn't do the interviews did they? I thought that was done by the so called "search committee". The two coaches we've been talking about, Seals and Witten, have records that speak for themselves. I've never heard anything but positive about both at school and in the community. What could they of said in a interview that would throw up so many red flags? And it also doesn't make sense that a "former player" would have so much power that he could just basically walk in and give the order to hire Christian and forget the rest. I still think deal was sealed long before the so called national search for a coach. We probably will never know the truth.

I think that was a slider .Not a fast ball or curve but something in the middle.A lot of folks in the world were former players at DB.Image result for opie taylor footballImage result for ron howard

Edited by BatmanDevil

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

I think that was a slider .Not a fast ball or curve but something in the middle.A lot of folks in the world were former players at DB.Image result for opie taylor footballImage result for ron howard

lol ! I'm starting to catch on to the method of Bat Code. I think I "see" what you're saying there. That was exactly what I was thinking also.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, toocool said:

Actually, no I was not one of those interviewing him but I spoke with someone who did sit in on the interview and if you would have heard what he had to say, you would have said no thanks as well. The city of Kingsport interviewed several people and was turned down several times.  A former player at DB basically called out the administration and told them that they needed to stay in house and that’s what they did. We will see what happens at the conclusion of this season but everyone might as well get behind with who we have now because bashing the staff this early in the season is a little premature. And with those saying we have talent on this team, your wrong, because we do not have the talent we’ve had in years past. Particularly on the defensive side of the ball. 

Let me ask you a question toocool. What would it do for the morale of any football player for the Tribe if they happened to come on the T and read this BS you posted. To take the problems and infectious disease of a failing football program(the problems that grown men created) and blame it on the players? That's pretty PP pathetic. Students or players never asked for this. Its an easy way out to not be responsible for your own actions and to pass it off on the players. As you say "Not the same talent as in years past."  I believe in Building up instead of tearing down. " Can't" never achieved anything. DB not winning football games is the fault of the administration. On who they elect to choose to be at the helm. Also how they choose to train and play the talent that they have at hand. At any given time and with what resources they have. I do not have a dog in this fight when it comes to DB football. I have a senior that plays for another High School in Kingsport. I am so glad he doesn't have these issues going on in his football program and he does not have to be subjected to the negativity that your post reeks' of. 

11 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Excuse me for posting “the City of “Kingsport” doing the interview. There was five to seven people that sat in on the interview process as some of the what you called “search committee” was not there for every interview as some of the individuals has prior obligations.  As for what was said by Coach Witten, I will not go into detail but if you are truly interested in what he said,  I assume you know people in the administration and I am sure you can find out exactly what was said.  On the former player, I’m not going to list his name but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out who this player is.  The “search committee” was ready to hire their man and then this “former player” approached those in the administration and said “we need to stay in house and hire this guy.”  And no the deal was not done long before the search started. You can believe me or not, I really don’t give s#*t.