Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Hmmmmm, sounds like you must of been the one who interviewed him. 

Ha,makes you wonder if it was a terrible interview before he even got there.A lot of questions on that post.He is right however,it is what it is on everything that's done in Kingsport and you might as well live with it.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Hmmmmm, sounds like you must of been the one who interviewed him. 

At least one of the Good ole Boys lol. Everybody knows by now that the hire was a done deal long before the so called search committee was ever formed. The whole thing was a farce. It was pretty lame to say the least that they would form a search committee to do a "nation wide" search do a few token interviews and then give the job to an assistant with zero head coaching experience. Witten probably thought they were serious, came into the interview and told them everything he was going to do to turn the program into a winning one. That would mean he was planning on trimming out the dead weight and bringing in a few "real coaches" with him. And you know the "Good ole Boys" weren't going to have that.

6 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

At least one of the Good ole Boys lol. Everybody knows by now that the hire was a done deal long before the so called search committee was ever formed. The whole thing was a farce. It was pretty lame to say the least that they would form a search committee to do a "nation wide" search do a few token interviews and then give the job to an assistant with zero head coaching experience. Witten probably thought they were serious, came into the interview and told them everything he was going to do to turn the program into a winning one. That would mean he was planning on trimming out the dead weight and bringing in a few "real coaches" with him. And you know the "Good ole Boys" weren't going to have that.

I know it is a different sport, but how in the world did Buck Van Huss do it?    He certainly was not one of the GOB's at least in the sense we are talking about here..

Nomatter what happens the rest of the season and who you pull for.You have to feel good for coach Witten and Elizabethton.I've always  respected Elizabethton from a Greeneville point of view.The same goes for DB from way back before I came to Kingsport.Its very rare for Greeneville and Elizabethton to both beat either DB and SH during the same year.Greeneville is loaded but I'm not counting a win over SH and Elizabethton this year until it's done and if there is a rematch with Elizabethton in the playoffs,I've seen that not go well before.Just like other struggling teams,I hate it for the young men.Now for those that put these coaches and players all over NET in bad situations,I could give a shet about them and  their pride being hurt ,because it's their own doing.

Edited by BatmanDevil

2 hours ago, bounder said:

I can't help it ...  Oak Ridge started 3 sophomores and 2 Juniors on the offensive line. We were really scared your dline would run over them. Sorry

One of those juniors is a first time player, I believe. I do not have the words to express how impressed I am with Oak Ridge's OL/DL. All I can say is I am so glad they are Wildcats.

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The Ballard story was and is complete BS. Even if they threw a bunch of money at him he knows what a #### show it is up here. He would have to have complete control of the program. And I mean "complete control". to clean house. The "Good ole Boys" would never let that happen. And they've done ###### in the well with Witten. There's no way he comes here now. I don't even think Sensabaugh would take the job.

Just don’t understand why the powers that be don’t want to get this program back in the right direction.I know I’ve heard you guys say why they do some of the things they do but it’s just  plain stupid.

Edited by lawnman

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Nomatter what happens the rest of the season and who you pull for.You have to feel good for coach Witten and Elizabethton.I've always  respected Elizabethton from a Greeneville point of view.The same goes for DB from way back before I came to Kingsport.Its very rare for Greeneville and Elizabethton to both beat either DB and SH during the same year.Greeneville is loaded but I'm not counting a win over SH and Elizabethton this year until it's done and if there is a rematch with Elizabethton in the playoffs,I've seen that not go well before.Just like other struggling teams,I hate it for the young men.Now for those that put these coaches and players all over NET in bad situations,I could give a shet about them and  their pride being hurt ,because it's their own doing.

I agree 100%