Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I'm sure DB players are trying their best, but ultimately it is still on them, NOT the coaches:

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2018/08/25/Booker-makes-big-impact-as-Wildcats-pounce-on-Indians.html

“We’ve just got to get up and fight,” D-B coach Joey Christian said. “We have to find guys who want to work. There were just so many mistakes we made. (Oak Ridge) Coach (Joe) Gaddis said you didn’t play very well. If you do, we’re in a battle.

“I agree, but we had too many dropped balls, too many missed receivers, too many missed blocks, just too many mistakes.”

The good news for DB fans is that all the things the coach mentioned above are fixable.

I think this might be your dumbest post yet. lol. And I'm including the post where you have predicted DB to win the first two games as well as the game coming up with SH. Come on man, get it together. You did get the part right about the DB players trying their best but the rest of it is embarrassing for you. What you read in the Times News article was a head coach giving a list of excuses. Nowhere yet have I read a single word that he or another coach has taken any responsibility. Not a word. And I don't expect it, ever. Every excuse he listed is a direct cause from very poor coaching. From the little leagues to varsity. 

Your last sentence, true, but it will never happen. Never. Good God what is wrong with people around here.

3 hours ago, theoldfootballman said:

Looking at the previous two DB games and the schedule ahead, DB has a legitimate shot at winning 3 or 4 games.  And if those 3 or 4 dont go their way, dang 0-10.  I guess DB needs to change those arrogant t-shirts, because DB football will be ignored this year.  So I guess they won't be the typical DB team of old.  Run it up on local teams during the regular season then one and out in the playoffs.  Don't know when I've seen a worse DB team in my life.  

I've tried telling this to tell the Greeneville fans that have been puffing their chests out since last week.  DB is simply not a good football team.  6A? Yes.  Good football team?  Not even close.  OR could have beaten DB by 50+ if they had wanted to.

DB may not be a good football team like some are saying but most of their offense is back from last year. It seems to me there is some dissension on the offense side of the ball. There is no way this team shouldn’t be scoring at least two to three touchdowns a game. The offensive coordinator is from Knoxville I believe. Maybe these kids are just not relating well with the coaching staff. The defense looks like a middle school defense. It’s hard to believe that a school of that size don’t have more athletes than what is out there. It is going to be a long season for the Tribe. Hate it for the seniors.

11 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug.

This debacle gets turned around next week as DB finally takes the Hill 17-14

NO it won’t, DB is not beating SH. They may win the next week against Sevier county. They’ll be 1-4 at the half way point.

14 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think this might be your dumbest post yet. lol. And I'm including the post where you have predicted DB to win the first two games as well as the game coming up with SH. Come on man, get it together. You did get the part right about the DB players trying their best but the rest of it is embarrassing for you. What you read in the Times News article was a head coach giving a list of excuses. Nowhere yet have I read a single word that he or another coach has taken any responsibility. Not a word. And I don't expect it, ever. Every excuse he listed is a direct cause from very poor coaching. From the little leagues to varsity. 

Your last sentence, true, but it will never happen. Never. Good God what is wrong with people around here.

Agree with everything you said. Sometimes you (coach) have to look yourself in the mirror and take the blame. Yes, some of the blame is on the players but they just don’t look prepared and maybe he’s just not relating well with the players.

3 minutes ago, toocool said:

NO it won’t, DB is not beating SH. They may win the next week against Sevier county. They’ll be 1-4 at the half way point.

7 minutes ago, toocool said:

Sevier Co. will beat DB by 21+

30 minutes ago, TinPigskin said:

I've tried telling this to tell the Greeneville fans that have been puffing their chests out since last week.  DB is simply not a good football team.  6A? Yes.  Good football team?  Not even close.  OR could have beaten DB by 50+ if they had wanted to.

They could have won by 50 plus and so could the Devils

Edited by BatmanDevil

12 minutes ago, toocool said:

DB may not be a good football team like some are saying but most of their offense is back from last year. It seems to me there is some dissension on the offense side of the ball. There is no way this team shouldn’t be scoring at least two to three touchdowns a game. The offensive coordinator is from Knoxville I believe. Maybe these kids are just not relating well with the coaching staff. The defense looks like a middle school defense. It’s hard to believe that a school of that size don’t have more athletes than what is out there. It is going to be a long season for the Tribe. Hate it for the seniors.

There are good athletes at DB. There are a lot walking the halls and there are a couple reasons their not on the team. One is the coaching staff don't put in much of an effort to get those boys to come out, and two, not many of them really want to play in this system. It's a no brainer that it all starts in the little leagues and that's where their missing out on getting the talent interested in being on the team. They do a lot of things, and they do all those things wrong. 

Having said all that DB still has good athletes that do come out and play. Just look at last year. They had enough good athletes to compete for a state title but poor coaching took them to a 8-4 record and a second round playoff loss. Another thing that hurts them is as Batman has said many times on here, the weight training and conditioning program is a complete joke. All this is now coming to head this year. But hey, we've got an awesome field house, a double decker stadium, and the biggest band in the state. 

1 minute ago, TinPigskin said:

Exactly my point.  DB could have easily lost each of their first 2 games by 50+.  That's definitely not indicative of a good football team, and that's not a 'W' to boast about

Totally agree,SH and Elizabethton will tell just how good we are until the playoffs.Then when it's win or go home,you can throw out all of it because any team can beat you.

48 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Oopsie, now I see what you're saying.... The coach was making excuses to the newspaper instead of owning it....   So most of this really falls back on coaching, not the players.....  man o man how did I not see through that???   I mistakenly thought that everything printed in the newspaper was true.....   Okay, lesson learned...