Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I say this out of love for a fellow tradition rich all around sports program, let the game against Oak Ridge rest.  I HATE to read the negative DB posts. However, there are other people who love to see DB fans  upset. Don't let your haters have their day. Be proud Indians and things will turn around in time.

Sorry, if this came out preachy, I just hope things turn around for one of our best rivals.

I kinda' get your point because talking about how bad the system is don't seem to be working.  Believe me. 75% of the DB fans and people around town are saying the same thing I am. It's the 25% that they listen to though. I'm not so sure staying quite because DB haters are happy that we're mad will work very well either. That would be icing on the cake for the Good ole boys.

Here is an example of what things are like up here and with the program. And this example comes from Batman and he has give us bits and pieces along the way. It's always been in Bat code so you have to dissect it best as possible. Supposedly his son went to Clark about three years ago and offered his help setting up a new strength and conditioning program to help the program get more in line with the Maryville's and Greenville's in the state. From what I could gather from the Bat code Clark all but ran him out of the building for offering such a thing. Now obviously the weight lifting program at DB is not exactly top notch, so why wouldn't you want to improve that? Because you have a bunch of know-it-alls that know nothing. They pat each other on the back daily and blame it on the kids and have 25% of the fan base that do the same. It's a Kingsport thang'

2 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I say this out of love for a fellow tradition rich all around sports program, let the game against Oak Ridge rest.  I HATE to read the negative DB posts. However, there are other people who love to see DB fans  upset. Don't let your haters have their day. Be proud Indians and things will turn around in time.

Sorry, if this came out preachy, I just hope things turn around for one of our best rivals.

Dude if you hate to read negative DB posts you better get off here now. DB football is horrible and will be lucky to find the win column this season.  Maybe next year tribe. But for now, next year is all you have. 

30 minutes ago, WildcatRealist said:

I believe you have the "pulse" on the crux of DB's problems. What all do you think would be required to get this proud program back to elite status?

Replace half of the school board, replace the AD (he's a x-assistant coach and one of the Good ole Boys), replace all but two of the coaching staff ( their poisoned), replace 80% of the little league coaches ( they make the games all about themselves and not about developing talent), replace the middle school coaches (their not any good and one of them had to be forced to take the job). Stop spending money on pretty things and hire a strength and conditioning coach that knows what he's doing. Truthfully though, It would be easier to solve the North Korea, Iran, Russia and China problems than it would to fix this problem,

9 minutes ago, bounder said:

You could always do like Oak Ridge fans did, quit buying tickets and going to the game. Course you all will still have the band parents there. Even our band parents stayed home. It took a while but it worked! We got rid of the cancer.

I think a lot of the band parents in Kingsport don't even know what a football looks like. You wouldn't believe how liberal Kingsport is becoming. They want to be like Asheville so bad their offering free rent for Asheville residents to move here. Pretty soon we won't be allowed to eat meat.

I feel your pain, DB fans.  I watched my son and grandson be on teams that won every game in a season, then turn around and lose every single game just with the change of a coach.  Knowing you have good athletes, and still can't win.  I just hope you guys can turn it around, whatever the problems are,  and I certainly don't know what they are.  But I understand your frustration.  Been there, done that.  Best of luck to ya!

On 8/22/2018 at 12:01 PM, johndeere said:

... I watched the cats entire game against Hopeless Valley last week.   I expect a solid performance from DB in a bounce back win, 24-14...

If you need them - I came across some great crow recipes last week after HVA couldn’t generate any O against OR. They all taste great with humble pie! :hungry:

I’ll say again that it only becomes “Hopeless” when you quit or put more emphasis on the halftime show.  This is a team sport and it will take a team effort to attempt a turnaround - including the coaches!

HVA found some O last night against another tough D at West - what a game!  Hawks showed some improvement from week 1 and I hope each week it continues.  Chin up Indians... no time to sulk or point fingers. Gotta get better cause the next one counts! Learn and improve... drop the excuses.

48 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I kinda' get your point because talking about how bad the system is don't seem to be working.  Believe me. 75% of the DB fans and people around town are saying the same thing I am. It's the 25% that they listen to though. I'm not so sure staying quite because DB haters are happy that we're mad will work very well either. That would be icing on the cake for the Good ole boys.

Here is an example of what things are like up here and with the program. And this example comes from Batman and he has give us bits and pieces along the way. It's always been in Bat code so you have to dissect it best as possible. Supposedly his son went to Clark about three years ago and offered his help setting up a new strength and conditioning program to help the program get more in line with the Maryville's and Greenville's in the state. From what I could gather from the Bat code Clark all but ran him out of the building for offering such a thing. Now obviously the weight lifting program at DB is not exactly top notch, so why wouldn't you want to improve that? Because you have a bunch of know-it-alls that know nothing. They pat each other on the back daily and blame it on the kids and have 25% of the fan base that do the same. It's a Kingsport thang'

I'll uncode it now. When going for his masters my son came back and helped the players in the weight room for a short while and tried to help the coaches as well. One day he was talking to them and explaining a lot of training he knew from some of the best in the world, Olympic trainers included. Any thing from pre- workout shakes to lifting technique. He has always been a natural in the weight room since I trained him to a world bench-press record before he got to DB. Every DB coach there ask questions and said stuff like man I have not thought of that. Every coach except one, he went over and started playing with a weight machine because he new what the future held. My son didn't want a job or anything. He just wanted to help the program because he knew what SH was doing and why they were beating DB. A year or two later, a new position at DB came up to be over all their training. My son didn't want it but someone in the system told him he would be by far the most qualified if he did and not only the football program but every sport needed it. I knew it was a done deal and told him before hand and I'm still pessed that he wasted his time because I knew like everything else in Kingsport it was BS and the good ole boys already had their pick. You take that and my youngest who was also their strongest player as a 9th grader and the way he was disrespected for it. Then you see why Batman feels how he does. Oh I almost forgot. I might not be young or what I was years ago but while many were going to college, I was doing two things. Working and training under a martial arts master who also trained the South Korean special forces. I'm to old to be meeting anyone in a parking lot and might just cheat if it's some mma fighter. That said, I'm dam sure not scared of any man around here, even at my older age.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'll uncode it now. When going for his masters my son came back and helped the players in the weight room for a short while and tried to help the coaches as well. One day he was talking to them and explaining a lot of training he knew from some of the best in the world, Olympic trainers included. Any thing from pre- workout shakes to lifting technique. He has always been a natural in the weight room since I trained him to a world bench-press record before he got to DB. Every DB coach there ask questions and said stuff like man I have not thought of that. Every coach except one, he went over and started playing with a weight machine because he new what the future held. My son didn't want a job or anything. He just wanted to help the program because he knew what SH was doing and why they were beating DB. A year or two later, a new position at DB came up to be over all their training. My son didn't want it but someone in the system told him he would be by far the most qualified if he did and not only the football program but every sport needed it. I knew it was a done deal and told him before hand and I'm still pessed that he wasted his time because I knew like everything else in Kingsport it was BS and the good ole boys already had their pick. You take that and my youngest who was also their strongest player as a 9th grader and the way he was disrespected for it. Then you see why Batman feels how he does. Oh I almost forgot. I might not be young or what I was years ago but while many were going to college, I was doing two things. Working and training under a martial arts master who also trained the South Korean special forces. I'm to old to be meeting anyone in a parking lot and might just cheat if it's some mma fighter. That said, I'm dam sure not scared of any man around here, even at my older age.

Whoa there Billy Jack! You and the wacked one need to step away from the computer for awhile! It will be OK! :ph34r: