Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

8 minutes ago, lawnman said:

There is bound to be one of the powers that be that want to see this program turned around.I bet if the fans quit showing up that might change the situation.

Most of them come to watch the band.   Yeah there are still a lot of true HS football fans in Kingsport, but they are in the minority now.

Well to start with i dont know where to begin to try and explain where some of the problems we are having with our db football team. I would hope the coaches and staff at db would really understand we as parents are behind them all the way and would do anything to help with this team because our boys are who the coaches spend a lot of their times with. I know some of these coaches and they are great guys and we are pulling for them, so to show you where i am going with this is we have a good football team,and a player or two injured or coming back and if you know and have watched we have some really good players. I know our defense is not where we need to be, it did play a little better the second game,but it needs massive help from the offense,and the offense can do it, and i meen the offense can do it if the coaches would just at least listen to what his players are seeing, what they are expecting to happen, our QB is as good as any in the area period , and we know he is not the fastest running QB, but i would put him up there over anyone as a pocket passer period. I know this young man and have watched him grow over the years and he is as telligent and smarter,than what you could have at that position. His desire and work ethic over the years  has allowed him to be  a good qb and have no doubt will play at the next level. Its unfortunate this year we do not have the luxury of a good receiving corp but we can and do have enough to get by with if you would let him the QB run the ----am offense. he can do it, yes i know the offensive c is in charge but something is not clicking from off cord to off team. can we please let L w run the offense the way he knows and can and you sit back and chill for a series. I understand the coaches r in charge but we have a qb that can run this offense and we have the o line to do the job. we have 3 lineman over 300 plus and believe r preety good. RT gets a lot of credit of being a good lineman and he should, and also ur center has played very well from last year and up to now and never here anything about how well he does,and also the no 59 kid lineman does agood job as well as the other 2 lineman so why n the world would u not run the ball behind them, and if the defense stacks the line im sure LD (QB) can figure it out. He and our seniors , juniors whoever have been growing,learning, and also winning since lynn garden days .we have a great running back in hicks as tough as they come and if we get back keo  we can be that much better. the bristol kid in thought was going to b slot receiver why is he not there every play on offense i only see him on kickoff returns.we have some backup running that r preety good i hear. why is our offense not scoring coaches,we have 7 or 8 starters on offense from last year. i know we dont have the receivers we had from last year and also lost dawson ,d cristian, and buckles from the o line, but our oline is still good enough, with the recievers to get by with. the big tight end we have that was so hyped up by coaches or whoever of having a great season r you going to throw him the ball, nick bristol we need to utilize his speed on offense catching the ball. c.jenkins, harkleroad, c williams, proved they can catch ball and did have good performances fri night and maupin kid is going to be great asset to team in coming weeks with his return and also with keo lets help this young man i know he has had issues but lets help this young man get back on track, the way he played last year if we could get that from him our offense could be really good, and with all this said lets mix it up,let QB have more freedom,let him make some of the decisions out there,he trusts his oline,rbacks,recievers, they have played together for years. I know our defense is notnwhere it needs to be but help it ,we have some talent in secondary, we need help at linebacker and dline. hello defensive cordinator  our dline is very small teams r running all over us,and you r putting salyers kid out there to help on dline and thats fine, but you also have n.davis that can help and did a great job last year on dline ,play them together on dline , put other big offensive lineman out there to help on the defensive line.you have the guys to put out there to help defensive line what r u waiting for. put starke, whechel, patton kids out there to help with dline. Our son played with starke fellow on defense from peewee through middle school and now and why in the world would you not use him on defense at times. to our current defensive unit you guys keep battling and playing and coaches they need help now so help them with putting more and bigger players out there because we have them. we all know our kids are making mistakes in the games and practices and we all can do better and no doubt will, and also coaches we know that every thing I and we say you guys allready know, you dont need us trying to help you coach the team, we still have games to play and can get better so players pick it up lets do better in practice and games and  coaches lets lift our players up in practice and games lets not berate during practice, thats not going to work, and lets communicate better, im sure nobody wants to here what might seem some negativity but it needs to be said , most of it is truth but lets get to work.    wwwwwwwooooooowwwww

On 8/25/2018 at 9:37 AM, blazer1set said:

I'm sure DB players are trying their best, but ultimately it is still on them, NOT the coaches:

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2018/08/25/Booker-makes-big-impact-as-Wildcats-pounce-on-Indians.html

“We’ve just got to get up and fight,” D-B coach Joey Christian said. “We have to find guys who want to work. There were just so many mistakes we made. (Oak Ridge) Coach (Joe) Gaddis said you didn’t play very well. If you do, we’re in a battle.

“I agree, but we had too many dropped balls, too many missed receivers, too many missed blocks, just too many mistakes.”

The good news for DB fans is that all the things the coach mentioned above are fixable.

An army of deer led by a lion is to be feared more than an army of lions led by a deer.

1 hour ago, Gunner0331 said:

An army of deer led by a lion is to be feared more than an army of lions led by a deer.

1 hour ago, the real deal said:

Well to start with i dont know where to begin to try and explain where some of the problems we are having with our db football team. I would hope the coaches and staff at db would really understand we as parents are behind them all the way and would do anything to help with this team because our boys are who the coaches spend a lot of their times with. I know some of these coaches and they are great guys and we are pulling for them, so to show you where i am going with this is we have a good football team,and a player or two injured or coming back and if you know and have watched we have some really good players. I know our defense is not where we need to be, it did play a little better the second game,but it needs massive help from the offense,and the offense can do it, and i meen the offense can do it if the coaches would just at least listen to what his players are seeing, what they are expecting to happen, our QB is as good as any in the area period , and we know he is not the fastest running QB, but i would put him up there over anyone as a pocket passer period. I know this young man and have watched him grow over the years and he is as telligent and smarter,than what you could have at that position. His desire and work ethic over the years  has allowed him to be  a good qb and have no doubt will play at the next level. Its unfortunate this year we do not have the luxury of a good receiving corp but we can and do have enough to get by with if you would let him the QB run the ----am offense. he can do it, yes i know the offensive c is in charge but something is not clicking from off cord to off team. can we please let L w run the offense the way he knows and can and you sit back and chill for a series. I understand the coaches r in charge but we have a qb that can run this offense and we have the o line to do the job. we have 3 lineman over 300 plus and believe r preety good. RT gets a lot of credit of being a good lineman and he should, and also ur center has played very well from last year and up to now and never here anything about how well he does,and also the no 59 kid lineman does agood job as well as the other 2 lineman so why n the world would u not run the ball behind them, and if the defense stacks the line im sure LD (QB) can figure it out. He and our seniors , juniors whoever have been growing,learning, and also winning since lynn garden days .we have a great running back in hicks as tough as they come and if we get back keo  we can be that much better. the bristol kid in thought was going to b slot receiver why is he not there every play on offense i only see him on kickoff returns.we have some backup running that r preety good i hear. why is our offense not scoring coaches,we have 7 or 8 starters on offense from last year. i know we dont have the receivers we had from last year and also lost dawson ,d cristian, and buckles from the o line, but our oline is still good enough, with the recievers to get by with. the big tight end we have that was so hyped up by coaches or whoever of having a great season r you going to throw him the ball, nick bristol we need to utilize his speed on offense catching the ball. c.jenkins, harkleroad, c williams, proved they can catch ball and did have good performances fri night and maupin kid is going to be great asset to team in coming weeks with his return and also with keo lets help this young man i know he has had issues but lets help this young man get back on track, the way he played last year if we could get that from him our offense could be really good, and with all this said lets mix it up,let QB have more freedom,let him make some of the decisions out there,he trusts his oline,rbacks,recievers, they have played together for years. I know our defense is notnwhere it needs to be but help it ,we have some talent in secondary, we need help at linebacker and dline. hello defensive cordinator  our dline is very small teams r running all over us,and you r putting salyers kid out there to help on dline and thats fine, but you also have n.davis that can help and did a great job last year on dline ,play them together on dline , put other big offensive lineman out there to help on the defensive line.you have the guys to put out there to help defensive line what r u waiting for. put starke, whechel, patton kids out there to help with dline. Our son played with starke fellow on defense from peewee through middle school and now and why in the world would you not use him on defense at times. to our current defensive unit you guys keep battling and playing and coaches they need help now so help them with putting more and bigger players out there because we have them. we all know our kids are making mistakes in the games and practices and we all can do better and no doubt will, and also coaches we know that every thing I and we say you guys allready know, you dont need us trying to help you coach the team, we still have games to play and can get better so players pick it up lets do better in practice and games and  coaches lets lift our players up in practice and games lets not berate during practice, thats not going to work, and lets communicate better, im sure nobody wants to here what might seem some negativity but it needs to be said , most of it is truth but lets get to work.    wwwwwwwooooooowwwww

It's a hard thing as a parent for your son to be on a team that is struggling.Ive always said the talent is at DB for a good reason.Your 100% correct about berating players isn't going to help.That was where I was going with it on the other thread.I seen a former defensive coordinater say things to a kid in practice that dam near embarrassed me and thats hard to do.He was fully backed Atleast for a good while. Some young men are just that,"young but Men".They will either back up and not give their all or tell the program to shove it up their azz.They are all different.One of mine loved to be pushed for a challenge and he loved most of the coaches 10 years ago.My last was more of a shove it up your azz kind of guy and is plenty man enough to handle  himself and knows what your going to say  or do and get by with it.....Your also 100% correct that there are some great men on this staff.I know in the past there were coaches that wanted to do more with the weight program and had knowledge to be shared.Never give those names but one said he just had to do what he was told...I once again know there is talent out there,but I guarantee you there are a few studs that won't play as always.Best of luck to your son and his team.I always pull for the kids . It's a shame a few people pulling the strings have to screw it up for them and those that love those boys.

Edited by BatmanDevil

1 hour ago, Gunner0331 said:

I know what your saying and agree but for arguments sake....If me and Mr.Colt have an option while standing next to tree that is easily climbed.Its an army of deer and one lion or one deer and a thousand lions ? Simba might get me but those are better odds !.

2 hours ago, the real deal said:

Well you just said a mouth full but let me give you some advice. Never post while your eating dinner. Seriously though I can tell you have everybody's best interest in mind, and I mean everybody. The problem is if you have fans, players, parents etc. trying to "help" the coaching staff then you probably don't have a very good coaching staff. Don't look now but the wheels have already come off.

17 hours ago, lawnman said:

I don’t see this happening but I keep hearing after this year they are going to offer Ballard a lot of money to take the job and the question is would he leave the Devils to come to DB.Whitten has taken not only the high school to a different level but the feeder programs are the best they have ever been hands down.

The Ballard story was and is complete BS. Even if they threw a bunch of money at him he knows what a #### show it is up here. He would have to have complete control of the program. And I mean "complete control". to clean house. The "Good ole Boys" would never let that happen. And they've done ###### in the well with Witten. There's no way he comes here now. I don't even think Sensabaugh would take the job.

3 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

DB should've hired Witten. There's no doubt in my mind he would've turned the program around and done so pretty quickly. 

With that said, I'm glad they didn't. 

Whiten had a terrible interview and that’s putting it nicely. JC is who we got and we might as well get behind him at least for this season.