Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

54 minutes ago, toocool said:

Excuse me for posting “the City of “Kingsport” doing the interview. There was five to seven people that sat in on the interview process as some of the what you called “search committee” was not there for every interview as some of the individuals has prior obligations.  As for what was said by Coach Witten, I will not go into detail but if you are truly interested in what he said,  I assume you know people in the administration and I am sure you can find out exactly what was said.  On the former player, I’m not going to list his name but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out who this player is.  The “search committee” was ready to hire their man and then this “former player” approached those in the administration and said “we need to stay in house and hire this guy.”  And no the deal was not done long before the search started. You can believe me or not, I really don’t give s#*t.

I’m glad Witten didn’t meet the administrations standards because he is a great coach and I want him to stay in Betsy.

1 hour ago, toocool said:

Excuse me for posting “the City of “Kingsport” doing the interview. There was five to seven people that sat in on the interview process as some of the what you called “search committee” was not there for every interview as some of the individuals has prior obligations.  As for what was said by Coach Witten, I will not go into detail but if you are truly interested in what he said,  I assume you know people in the administration and I am sure you can find out exactly what was said.  On the former player, I’m not going to list his name but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out who this player is.  The “search committee” was ready to hire their man and then this “former player” approached those in the administration and said “we need to stay in house and hire this guy.”  And no the deal was not done long before the search started. You can believe me or not, I really don’t give s#*t.

Whether or not I believe your version is not the biggest deal here. Lets just say if I do believe your version. And if it did go down as you say, that process still stinks to high heaven. Helen Keller could see that they really screwed the pouch big time. I still want to know what Witten could of said that would of cost him the job. Doesn't add up.

From everything I've seen over the years, anything is possible in what happened.There is no doubt that these coaches and players want to win and nothing would be better for them in terms of football.We all win and we all lose in life .At the end of the day, this is still just football and not the end of the world.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

He probably walked in like a real football coach would have and told them he don't need their noses in the middle of everything in order to get this mess straightened out. It was D-B's loss not his, he is 2-0 and already beat the team that will be your all's next loss this Friday Night.

Probably as good a guess as any.I'd say anything short of turning their bottled water into wine wouldn't have made a difference .Then they would have said it was red wine and they wanted white wine.

Edited by BatmanDevil

48 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Probably as good a guess as any.I'd say anything short of turning their bottled water into wine wouldn't have made a difference .Then they would have said it was red wine and they wanted white wine.

I thought DB already had Redwine?     Or maybe he is on injury reserve....

12 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

I really hate it for him.  I hope he can heal up and help us again come end of the season.  He was a game-changer on both sides of the ball against Powell and Fulton last year.

Yeah me too.   Great kid.   2 years in a row,  That's tough.  Great attitude through it all.  

30 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I thought DB already had Redwine?     Or maybe he is on injury reserve....

You always hear 2nd hand information from players,parents and everyone else.Some of it is not  for coacht or sunday school teaching. I hope it's just hearsay and a bunch of BS.Best of luck this week against SH to those young Indians that work their azz off all year .

Edited by BatmanDevil

12 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Whether or not I believe your version is not the biggest deal here. Lets just say if I do believe your version. And if it did go down as you say, that process still stinks to high heaven. Helen Keller could see that they really screwed the pouch big time. I still want to know what Witten could of said that would of cost him the job. Doesn't add up.

I have a lot less trouble believing that Witten said something that ticked off the interviewers than I do believing that one former player would have the ability to effectively tell the administration to hire Christian instead of who they wanted to hire.

Many times  it is already decided who will be hired and the interviews are just going through the motions.  Then they can say, he had a bad interview. I heard all the way down here in Oak Ridge, "Witten had a bad interview" and the out of state guy "changed his mind"  Who really knows unless you were in the interview.  That would be my guess here.  This would fall in line with the G.O.B. theory.