Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

36 minutes ago, toppernationfan said:

All of us at the Hill are thankful for the good ole boy network & inflated egos that prevented DB from hiring the local coach that wanted the position and would have made a great impact. They have it rolling from pee-wee to high school.

Witten was my third choice out of the possibilities. But if it had been Witten and he was allowed to pick his assistant coaches he would of turned this #### show around. No question.

OK, now my little thought.

FIRST, Congratulations Oak Ridge!

Second, how did DBs band look?  Were they embarrassed by the football team.

Third, did anyone tell the band they could be replaced by a recording yet?

Fourth, how many years will it take to get rid of this Coach if he cannot produce.  Seems like I have heard griping for the last 15 years because a Gold Ball can't be VOTED for DB anymore.

12 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

OK, now my little thought.

FIRST, Congratulations Oak Ridge!

Second, how did DBs band look?  Were they embarrassed by the football team.

Third, did anyone tell the band they could be replaced by a recording yet?

Fourth, how many years will it take to get rid of this Coach if he cannot produce.  Seems like I have heard griping for the last 15 years because a Gold Ball can't be VOTED for DB anymore.

Maybe next year instead of picking up one of the local cupcakes on the schedule we can start a home and away with your Riverdale boys. I think DB would stand a better chance with the "Warriors" LOL!

6 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Maybe next year instead of picking up one of the local cupcakes on the schedule we can start a home and away with your Riverdale boys. I think DB would stand a better chance with the "Warriors" LOL!

If we don't start getting better, we might be in competition with y'all in one thing........a NEW HC search!

BTW SS might like to head y'alls way.   LOL   Seriously though I would NOT wish that on any team!

Yeah Witten turned EHS from a 4-6 win team and made them WAY better. He could do wonders with the resources at DB. Rumors a few years back were that he also applied for the OR job when it was open. Either way, like Waco said, DB spends their money on the wrng things. Did the band really need that concrete practice area? That was a large cost that could have been used elsewhere. It's mind boggling

Edited by EHSTrack06

29 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Yeah Witten turned EHS from a 4-6 win team and made them WAY better. He could do wonders with the resources at DB. Rumors a few years back were that he also applied for the OR job when it was open. Either way, like Waco said, DB spends their money on the wrng things. Did the band really need that concrete practice area? That was a large cost that could have been used elsewhere. It's mind boggling

$500,000 and counting. It will probably be covered and air conditioned before their done with it.

I don’t see this happening but I keep hearing after this year they are going to offer Ballard a lot of money to take the job and the question is would he leave the Devils to come to DB.Whitten has taken not only the high school to a different level but the feeder programs are the best they have ever been hands down.

20 minutes ago, lawnman said:

I don’t see this happening but I keep hearing after this year they are going to offer Ballard a lot of money to take the job and the question is would he leave the Devils to come to DB.Whitten has taken not only the high school to a different level but the feeder programs are the best they have ever been hands down.

You have a very good coach and I hope he stays for you guys.Same for the Devils.Coach Ballard is a class act and where ever he is coaching,that school will be better for it.I call it how I see it ,good or bad.There are coaches like that at Dobyns Bennett in several different sports including football.Baseball is also a great example  and you won't find a better man then coach Wagner to coach your kids.I work with a man who has a fine young player outside of DB's system and he isn't sure where to send him.I've told him his boy will get a fair chance playing baseball if he goes to DB and that's all you can ask of a coach.

1 minute ago, BatmanDevil said:

You have a very good coach and I hope he stays for you guys.Same for the Devils.Coach Ballard is a class act and where ever he is coaching,that school will be better for it.I call it how I see it ,good or bad.There are coaches like that at Dobyns Bennett in several different sports including football.Baseball is also a great example  and you won't find a better man then coach Wagner to coach your kids.I work with a man who has a fine young player outside of DB's system and he isn't sure where to send him.I've told him his boy will get a fair chance playing baseball if he goes to DB and that's all you can ask of a coach.

I took a sigh of relief when DB didn’t hire Witten because I don’t want him to leave Betsy.You have a great coach and the Devils program is the best in East TN and one of the best in any classification in TN.I just don’t understand why DB can’t get that program turned around and it’s just a sad situation for the players.

2 minutes ago, lawnman said:

I took a sigh of relief when DB didn’t hire Witten because I don’t want him to leave Betsy.You have a great coach and the Devils program is the best in East TN and one of the best in any classification in TN.I just don’t understand why DB can’t get that program turned around and it’s just a sad situation for the players.

I don't think the powers-that-be in Kingsport want to turn it around.