Greenback at Sunbright

orngnblk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Especially against sale Creek! I don't think I'm going to make a 70-mile trip to watch us whip somebody that bad I may end up going to coalfield and watching them play Harriman.

Where do they play this year? I might head that way (if they play at coalfield) after the starters come out. 

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

It will be a quick game clock running in the second half.

BH do you remember the 89 Sunbright game?I believe that was the first time we ever played them it was my Sr year.Lemons got player of the week for about 200 yards rushing and the endzone was uphill both ways and it had been raining about three days and the middle of the field was one big mud hole,worst mud i ever played in.Lemons said thats the hardest running he had ever done!Sunbright never hardly past the 50 and we were in that mud all night.Satterfield sprayed our uniforms out behind the gym and washed them himself so our moms wouldnt get mad.LOL.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

BH do you remember the 89 Sunbright game?I believe that was the first time we ever played them it was my Sr year.Lemons got player of the week for about 200 yards rushing and the endzone was uphill both ways and it had been raining about three days and the middle of the field was one big mud hole,worst mud i ever played in.Lemons said thats the hardest running he had ever done!Sunbright never hardly past the 50 and we were in that mud all night.Satterfield sprayed our uniforms out behind the gym and washed them himself so our moms wouldnt get mad.LOL.

I always hated playing at Sunbright. They had  a single cable running down the sideline the bleachers were on.  I remember getting tackled into that thing. Their current field is a big improvement!

27 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

I always hated playing at Sunbright. They had  a single cable running down the sideline the bleachers were on.  I remember getting tackled into that thing. Their current field is a big improvement!

I remember the cable.Yes when we went back a few years ago it was great.Then someone broke into the players locker room ans stole a ton of stuff!

• CoachT changed the title to Greenback at Sunbright
2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Yes I remember that game. That one endzone was at least 6 foot higher than the rest of the field.

57 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Has anyone played at Copper Basin in a while? The last time I was there all they had was a single cable around the entire field.