Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

20 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

From what everybody has been telling me he was to miss the first three games because of grades. Is expected back for the Sevier Co. game.

Wore #4 last year... special kid.  Rough background and home environment.  Someone posted early in the season that he was injured and out for 4 games, but I don't recall who.  He is a beast of a D lineman as well as a great prospect for RB.

Edited by RebelAtHeart

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

All true, however just to be fair to DB, during those years when they are playing mainly Tri-cities cupcakes, well that is mandated by the TSSAA.    Beating local teams 65-6 week in and week out does produce those 10-0 records but if, as a team, you have no idea how to play from behind and so forth, then it is no wonder you get whacked in the playoffs.    But again, to some degree you have to play who the TSSAA tells you to play each year.

Negative. During those years DB wasn't just playing Tri-Cities cup cakes. DB's schedule has been no easier than 90% of the high schools in this state. Look it up. Every team has a certain number of "cup cakes" that they play. I'm pretty sure that DB was playing in the Big East conference during most of that time period. That was against teams their size or bigger. It's always been a myth that DB played just cup cakes and that was the reason for their undefeated regular seasons.

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Negative. During those years DB wasn't just playing Tri-Cities cup cakes. DB's schedule has been no easier than 90% of the high schools in this state. Look it up. Every team has a certain number of "cup cakes" that they play. I'm pretty sure that DB was playing in the Big East conference during most of that time period. That was against teams their size or bigger. It's always been a myth that DB played just cup cakes and that was the reason for their undefeated regular seasons.

Waco, Just to play devils advocate, then why has DB not won a single state championship since the playoff system was put in place in 1969?

The athletes have been there and still are, They haven't had the same coach during all those years, I think it comes back to competition.

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Waco, Just to play devils advocate, then why has DB not won a single state championship since the playoff system was put in place in 1969?

The athletes have been there and still are, They haven't had the same coach during all those years, I think it comes back to competition.

DB had three great chances about 15 to 20 years ago.Just fell a couple wins short each time.Why since ?,2007 was a good example . Bearden and DB fought to the end during a regular season game.The difference ended up being a fumbled extra point that Bearden ran in for two points. DB won one playoff game and Bearden came an azz of winning it all.Some of their fans still say they got scewed in the semifinal game against that years champions who won big the next week.DB played good teams and dominated the big east during the regular season,but when the playoffs come around ,things change.The last 10 years,there is a big Red reason no other 6a team in east Tennessee has won a championship.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 32hammer said:

There are a lot of teams that haven't won a state championship since 1969. By far most haven't. Could it be that DB is the only team among them that hasn't won because of the competition? Or explain how Greenville wins state championships playing "weak competition".  You are right about the athletes. There have been three different coaches during that period, Walton (average), Wilson (good) rebuilt DB after the Walton era, and Clark (average) was carried by DC Darrell Watson until Watson left. If you want to look it up the DB football program began to fall apart as soon as Watson left. In the early 2000's DB went to the semi's twice with teams that most people thought was the best teams in the state those years. Losing to Red Bank 21-14 in a game that was played at Red Bank in 6" of mud and water and a down pour mot of the game. In a game where Clark pulled his star running back out of the game early in the second half for some odd reason. The other semi loss was to Riverdale 16-9. DB out played Riverdale but had 5 turnovers and finally giving up the winning TD to Riverdale on a muffed punt play with a Riverdale player picking up the ball and running it in for a TD. That's just a little history. I have lots of examples but I think you get the idea. DB has had very poor coaching in the playoffs. Very poor.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

5 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

14-14 at Half 

Db doesn’t look to bad. 

My question is if Greeneville beat Db by 40 and Betsy beat The Hill by 2 what’s greeneville going to do to Betsy and the Hill lol

No one cares. This is a SH/DB thread. Go talk about Greeneville in a Greeneville thread.