Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

Everybody on the T (except da Blazer) may think SH is going to run all over DB tonight, but there is one Science Hill fan who fully realizes the challenge the Toppers face tonight and knows that with a  few more breaks the DB/Oak Ridge game could have gone the other way:

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Football/2018/08/30/Science-Hill-D-B-ready-to-renew-rivalry.html?ci=stream&lp=6&p=

Science Hill head coach Stacy Carter said he believes the Indians will be a tough opponent.

“They are a whole lot better than they’ve shown,” said Carter. “We’ve seen that on film. They had a lot of breaks go against them at Oak Ridge.”

20 minutes ago, toppernationfan said:

Alcoa-loss

Farragut-Loss

Bearden=Toss up

Jeff County-Toss up

Sevier County-Toss up

Mo West-Win

Hardin Valley-Win

5-5 to 2-8 for DB in the end and no playoffs

DB is just a couple of injuries away from going winless. Their abusing Hicks so there's a pretty big chance he gets injured before game 6. And if Redwine (who is already hobbled) goes down his replacement is 5'5" and weighs 130lbs soak and wet. That's 80% of their offense right there.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

10 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB is just a couple of injuries away from going winless. Their abusing Hicks so there's a pretty big chance he gets injured before game 6. And if Redwine (who is already hobbled) goes down his replacement is 5'5" and weighs 130lbs soak and wet. That's 80% of their offense right there.

Hold on a sec....    A school with 2200+ students has a #2 QB who is 5'5/130?     I'm not disputing you, but please pardon my incredulity... that just seems crazy!      This is not 1A Unaka for crying out loud.    I'm sure he is a good player but..... I mean probably half the girls at DB are bigger than that.

36 minutes ago, toppernationfan said:

Alcoa-loss

Farragut-Loss

Bearden=Toss up

Jeff County-Toss up

Sevier County-Toss up

Mo West-Win

Hardin Valley-Win

5-5 to 2-8 for DB in the end and no playoffs

HVA lost 23-7 against OR; where DB lost 41-12

Mo West lost 42-0 against Greeneville; where DB lost 43-3

I'd say they are all a toss up. 

Reg 1-6A all play district games tonight (except HVA) so I think you will have a better view of potential alignment later tonight.

1 hour ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Reg 1-6A all play district games tonight (except HVA) so I think you will have a better view of potential alignment later tonight.

DB moved the ball very well against Oak Ridge. The turnovers killed them and led to easy scores. I was very impressed with DB after watching this game. They could have won without the mistakes or been a very close game. Tonight will be a fight.

1 hour ago, RebelAtHeart said:

You never know by  common opponent.Sometimes by the same opponent.Remember 2009 TH killed everyone and South fans got the news at the Playoffs that Daniel Boone after getting detroyed during the regular season had upset TH in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Hold on a sec....    A school with 2200+ students has a #2 QB who is 5'5/130?     I'm not disputing you, but please pardon my incredulity... that just seems crazy!      This is not 1A Unaka for crying out loud.    I'm sure he is a good player but..... I mean probably half the girls at DB are bigger than that.

Maybe some parents are fed up and sending their kids to other schools to play ball rather than play for DB.:roll:

Just now, Gunner0331 said:

Maybe some parents are fed up and sending their kids to other schools to play ball rather than play for DB.:roll:

Would be sweet justice if the new West Ridge school ends up stealing athletes away from DB!  Watching my good buddies that I played ball with in the county drive into Kingsport for DB was frustrating.  I get it... but I never liked it!

17 minutes ago, Gunner0331 said:

Yep,I know several kids thought about going to North 4 years ago and one of the studs off that great 9th grade eventually  did.Watched some of his highlights just the other day.A great running back and linebacker.Take him and all those lineman that were not on DBs team and wouldn't play alone.Add in Stone just to return kicks and his speed.A couple of those wideouts  ,one thought about DC at one time.Then North might have brought back a state title.Oh,on the one highlight against the South JV,seen one of my Indians beat a couple of their players for a tackle.that was a great team and should have been together all the way through.

Edited by BatmanDevil

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

last years DB team and the year before was going to be loaded.

I respect your opinion BatmanDevil and DB has a lot of athletes, but the 2016 DB team lost to a 2-9 WB team by two scores.  2006 an undefeated 10-0 DB team lost to a 6-4 WB team in the 1st round of the playoffs and in 2001 and undefeated 10-0 DB team lost to a 5-5 WB team in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I think another undefeated DB team lost to McMinn in the 1st rd. I just can't get past the feeling that everyone gets caught up in the bells and whistles of the big school, huge band, great stadium, etc and over hypes the football program. I think the school got very comfortable being the big fish in a small pond.

When they face a competition hardened team, DB does not seem to respond well.

just my thoughts