Science Hill vs DB

WBNC83

1 minute ago, Unchained said:

In the end you still have to go out and prove yourself. Prove the haters wrong, prove that you can go out take care of business and still be classy. You know you're good even legit, but that doesn't mean you can take a Grainger or Sullivan East lightly. Tonight you put up 42 in 11 plays and no that's not padding stats, that's all the hard work paying dividends. Steady week to week not looking forward to next game is what wins championships. Betsy does look like a contender, they have played top notch, but until that game it's on to the next 

what sets greeneville apart from most every other HS this year, is their work ethic. These boys.....95 percent of these boys....were out there grinding just as hard during Union Co. week, as they were for DB week, or MoW week. The "core" of this years team may be the most driven and focused group of kids to ever come thru the halls of GHS and im not just talking about some seniors. There's a group of about10-15 or so of this years squad that's just different than what you find at most HS football programs and i think it goes far beyond what they do on the football field. These boys are knockin it out of the park in every aspect of life. Ty  Youngblood is an absolute freakish animal when the pads are on, but in his every day life, he's a braniac, as we use to call them in my day, who most likely will score 30 plus on his act, according to coach ballard, who will be either valedictorian or whatever runner up to that it....salutatorian maybe....heck i wasnt even sure i could spell those words correctly or not...LOL..but anyway, he's just not your typical HS "jock" by any stretch. Him and several others on this team are a  parents "fill in the blank" dream. Obviously I'm biased and i DO realize there are plenty of kids like that all over the state and country. I just dont know that there's another school with as many of those type kids. I didnt even mention all the personal accolades and accomplishments the younger of the ballard men has already completed in his young life. Forgive my long rant/ramble, i just sometimes cant help myself when talking about some of these youngins. I am very very proud of my own daughter and wouldnt trade her for 10 kids just like her, but i also love to brag on these kids, which im sure you probably understand.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I have to say their fans were top notch this week and this was a great win for DB

Thank you. I knew after watching the film from Oak Ridge game it would be a dogfight. Surprised by low scoring and DB slowing it down so much. SHHS couldn't stop the run and DB did. The score before half killed SHHS and was the difference. Regroup and face the Devils next week. Farragut may run the table with 5 or 6 playing for 2-3 &4. Good luck to DB rest of the way.

5 hours ago, BVDevil said:

what sets greeneville apart from most every other HS this year, is their work ethic. These boys.....95 percent of these boys....were out there grinding just as hard during Union Co. week, as they were for DB week, or MoW week. The "core" of this years team may be the most driven and focused group of kids to ever come thru the halls of GHS and im not just talking about some seniors. There's a group of about10-15 or so of this years squad that's just different than what you find at most HS football programs and i think it goes far beyond what they do on the football field. These boys are knockin it out of the park in every aspect of life. Ty  Youngblood is an absolute freakish animal when the pads are on, but in his every day life, he's a braniac, as we use to call them in my day, who most likely will score 30 plus on his act, according to coach ballard, who will be either valedictorian or whatever runner up to that it....salutatorian maybe....heck i wasnt even sure i could spell those words correctly or not...LOL..but anyway, he's just not your typical HS "jock" by any stretch. Him and several others on this team are a  parents "fill in the blank" dream. Obviously I'm biased and i DO realize there are plenty of kids like that all over the state and country. I just dont know that there's another school with as many of those type kids. I didnt even mention all the personal accolades and accomplishments the younger of the ballard men has already completed in his young life. Forgive my long rant/ramble, i just sometimes cant help myself when talking about some of these youngins. I am very very proud of my own daughter and wouldnt trade her for 10 kids just like her, but i also love to brag on these kids, which im sure you probably understand.

BVDevil you have the right to brag and Betsy is playing great ball but I think this group of Devils is in a league of there own.Good luck to the Devils the rest of the year and hope you stay healthy.

15 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'll say this. I've been maybe the biggest critic on CoachT of the football program at DB. The coaching and the play calling. But in this game tonight they were on the money. The game plan was perfect, the play calling was near perfect, clock management was perfect, the players were in the right mind frame (that's coaching). The coaching staff deserves a standing ovation tonight. That draw play call to Hicks on DB's last position was sterling. Even the secondary played a pretty good overall game. They absolutely locked it down on that last SH position to win the game. Hicks was just unstoppable all night. And DB left two touchdowns on the field. Great job by the staff and the players. Was the band even there tonight? I didn't even notice.

You sure have been over the years! A lot of times more than needed. Regardless, way to shock is all with this post!

13 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

DB needs to use the 6'7 TE more .... Christian said that he had "unbelievable hands" ... SO ???? 

Several plays should have went his way ... but clock managment was the Key !!

88 is good, 8 is good and 11 is good. We have some good receivers and slots.

88 has been injured some this year, so that’s probably why. The unbeleavable hand go to 11, with out any doubt. He’s proved it in practice, OR game and had a nice one in last nights game. They should utilize him more.  Any of these three are an asset.

We had the receivers and slots open all night long last night, without a look. Is Redwine not allowed to call Audibles?

Over all happy with the win. I’m still reserving my opinion on this new OC.

Exciting finish. I thought DB was the better team and deserved the win. Christian outcoached Carter, who really crapped the bed with his game management at the end of the first half. I told my wife that would come back to bite them, and it did. We usually go to the best game within a 2-3 hour drive on Friday nights, and it's amazing the number of times I've seen coaches screw up on fundamental game management over the years, from young coaches to HOF guys. 

39 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Exciting finish. I thought DB was the better team and deserved the win. Christian outcoached Carter, who really crapped the bed with his game management at the end of the first half. I told my wife that would come back to bite them, and it did. We usually go to the best game within a 2-3 hour drive on Friday nights, and it's amazing the number of times I've seen coaches screw up on fundamental game management over the years, from young coaches to HOF guys. 

Just Batman's thoughts...I totally agree.I bet one thing is for certain.I bet DB has some of those ball security drills every day this week.Had DB lost that game it wouldn't have been because they didn't have the athletes (and gosh I get tired of hearing that stupid shet),it wouldn't have been the coaching,because that was the best coached DB game I might have seen ever.It would have been turnovers at point blank range.