South Pittsburg vs Sale Creek (The Captain against that Cox man)

Southtowner

1 minute ago, Roy Dillard said:

Snoballs what kind of mess happened on that durn creekbank tonight? That Waggoner man better get them Hartsville boys to chasing chickens.  You think im joking but im not.

roy it was some kind of mess. roy chasing chickens is pointless if your sidebody blocking at up to snuf. roy why did those refs let those water boys  mess up there onside kick and then onside kick it again. that was some sort of mess i garuntee.

Sale Creek played hard.  I think we only had 1 possession in the 2nd half?  They had a couple boys that couple tackle in space better than I've seen from them in the past.  They had Sunbright 21-0 in the first game of the season till the rain came in and halted the game. It was canceled and wasn't made up. Robbed our region opponents of a win.  

Good job by our underclassmen tonight.  They got roughly 3 quarters of reps.  Keep working guys.  

7 minutes ago, sportman said:

This was the first time I have ever seen an opposing coach ask for the mercy rule in the 2nd qt. There was 10 mins left in 2nd qt and 35 to 0 and then the clock was at 2 mins really fast and I was told there coach asked for that. It was not a bad idea bc it got me home faster. 

The first quarter seemed to last forever.  Or at least it did to me.  We noticed the continuous clock around the 8 minute mark.

Edited by Southtowner
Oops

7 hours ago, sportman said:

have you seen it that early before?

It has happened a couple of times in the past, but not that often.

As Southtowner stated, Sale Creek had some kids that looked like they can play. Maybe they can pick up a win or two along the way against Copper Basin or Lookout Valley and make it into the playoffs.