Peabody @ Union City

PeabodyPride

29 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Do you still think that the players who didn’t play last year for Peabody didn’t effect the games outcomes ?    I know you guys had injuries this year but what about the defense  ?   You guys said the yalls defense was playing really good. I was expecting a lot more from your defense.  

It's hard to say to be very honest UC always has a suspect D!The grind it out offense that eats up a whole quarter for a T.D is alot of the Nado D,so its kinda a loaded but great question!

38 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Do you still think that the players who didn’t play last year for Peabody didn’t effect the games outcomes ?    I know you guys had injuries this year but what about the defense  ?   You guys said the yalls defense was playing really good. I was expecting a lot more from your defense.  

I think missing the two that got hurt last week for sure affected the defensive backfield. They are two of our best defenders against the pass. Hats off to Peabody.  It appears Peabody has all the tools to make a long run.  I know UC will get better throughout the year as our younger kids get more experience. We just aren’t that deep on the sidelines. 

18 minutes ago, UCStrong77 said:

I think missing the two that got hurt last week for sure affected the defensive backfield. They are two of our best defenders against the pass. Hats off to Peabody.  It appears Peabody has all the tools to make a long run.  I know UC will get better throughout the year as our younger kids get more experience. We just aren’t that deep on the sidelines. 

Ok so the guys that was hurt played defense also that makes sense. I guess I wasn’t considering them on the defensive side.  You guys will definitely be better by the end of the season. Good luck rest of the season unless we meet again I can’t support you there lol 

30 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

It's hard to say to be very honest UC always has a suspect D!The grind it out offense that eats up a whole quarter for a T.D is alot of the Nado D,so its kinda a loaded but great question!

You know I didn’t consider the offense staying on the field so long being so much of their defense. We did keep end their offensive drives early.  Union city also looked smaller than im used to seeing.  The game outcome was not what I expected at all. Their special teams play was pretty bad or was ours just really good ? 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

The injuries hurt on defense too. Didn't show as much last week. But Probably our best cover guy was out. Our starting QB is a strong defensive player as well. But hats off to y'all. Great game. Even without the injuries not sure the outcome would have been different but hopefully closer. Also think our boys attitudes were affected more by the injuries than I would have expected. But congratulations still. Y'all have a great team and it is going to be a tall order for anyone to beat you this year. Good luck rest of the way.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TennReb31 said:

The injuries hurt on defense too. Didn't show as much last week. But Probably our best cover guy was out. Our starting QB is a strong defensive player as well. But hats off to y'all. Great game. Even without the injuries not sure the outcome would have been different but hopefully closer. Also think our boys attitudes were affected more by the injuries than I would have expected. But congratulations still. Y'all have a great team and it is going to be a tall order for anyone to beat you this year. Good luck rest of the way.

Yeah I really wasn’t considering them on the defensive side of the ball I don’t know what I was thinking. Thank you and good luck to you guys too 

11 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Did they just have no answer on D with the way y’all spread the ball around

I watched the live stream & UC got bullied up front all night long. I know that not having those 2 kids they were needing didn’t help but from what I saw, I don’t know how much it would have mattered for the simple fact that Peabody pushed them around up front all night long. 

8 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

From the get go, UC did not want to be on that field. Peabody absolutely dominated in all phases of that game. I can’t remember a time that UC had started 0-3. Congrats to Peabody on a very deserving win. I hope UC bounces back & gets their mojo together. 

ESPN Sports Radio 96.5 tweeted this yesterday- 

Union City trying to avoid their first 0-3 start since 2003, where they also fell to Peabody in Week 3. Tornadoes have started 0-3 only two times since 1970.