William Blount @ Cleveland

Governm

16 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

What kind of mess is this? Where is that durn guvna man? That Shadowens man is at the bottom of Murphys pole.  You think im joking but im not.

That Guvna man went into hiding and changed his name. I am the one making websites for that Shadowens man now. You think I'm joking but I'm not.

23 hours ago, orngnblk said:

WB has improved after last year you had no way to go but get better.BUT and a big BUT there is no hiding how bad you region is its just facts but whatever helps you get better or look better whats it matter.Everyone said in the preseason that WB should win 3 to four games because of your relatively easy schedule.Now after seeing how down the region is i could see 5.Dont get offensive take your 4 or 5 wins and throw Shad a coach of the year party blaze will come!:popcorneater:

My point is the team has definitely improved. If our defense was as awful as it was last year, we would be 0-3 right now. Without a doubt.

The defense has been great though. The numbers dont lie! We held Lenoir City to 7 points, AC to 33 (which is about 20 points less than their average ppg) and Cleveland only had 3 points at halftime. Those numbers show drastic improvement against the same schedule we played last year.

I dont think it is a coincidence that our defense got heads and shoulders better after our old defensive coordinator left after last season. The coaches deserve some credit for the team's improvement this season.

3 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

My point is the team has definitely improved. If our defense was as awful as it was last year, we would be 0-3 right now. Without a doubt.

The defense has been great though. The numbers dont lie! We held Lenoir City to 7 points, AC to 33 (which is about 20 points less than their average ppg) and Cleveland only had 3 points at halftime. Those numbers show drastic improvement against the same schedule we played last year.

I dont think it is a coincidence that our defense got heads and shoulders better after our old defensive coordinator left after last season. The coaches deserve some credit for the team's improvement this season.

My only point is this HOW can you tell when all those teams are not as good as last year?LC lost alot more players than you all are  counting lost some starting lineman not to mention a GREAT line coach before season started...but 1 assistant cant change that much can it?But your new D coordinator does for you Hmmm.....The Cleveland folks have already said they are down from last year,I KNOW LC is not the same team,yes they beat a Loudon team without two starting lineman and an ALL STATE QB/DB (he would have been if he was healthy outstanding player).I have given you all some credit but come on its not that big of an improvement till you win one you shouldnt.

You all should beat HHS going away!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 6:22 PM, orngnblk said:

My only point is this HOW can you tell when all those teams are not as good as last year?LC lost alot more players than you all are  counting lost some starting lineman not to mention a GREAT line coach before season started...but 1 assistant cant change that much can it?But your new D coordinator does for you Hmmm.....The Cleveland folks have already said they are down from last year,I KNOW LC is not the same team,yes they beat a Loudon team without two starting lineman and an ALL STATE QB/DB (he would have been if he was healthy outstanding player).I have given you all some credit but come on its not that big of an improvement till you win one you shouldnt.

You all should beat HHS going away!

Like I said in an earlier post.... WB gave up 90 points through the first two games last season. 90 points.  They only gave up 40 through the first two games this season. I dont care about how the teams we played compared to how they were last year. 

The point is WB hadn't played defense since David Gregory left until now. So it is really freaking exciting to see us not giving up 40 points every week.  When you are as bad defensively as WB has been since 2012, it doesnt matter how good or bad the teams you play are because they are going to look good by virtue of your ineptness.  WB has made big strides on defense. That is what I care about.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

On 9/2/2018 at 9:01 PM, fooseball95 said:

WB did hold Cleveland to 7-3 at half but Cleveland had several TDs called back, I think 4 called back for the game.

I also recall that the game was really close until the last 5 minutes or so when WB started throwing interceptions. I seem to also recall that WB had a chance to retake the lead at one point in the second half. It goes both ways.