Greeneville Vs. Science Hill

DevilMan03

3 minutes ago, eers said:

When you’re playing at the level Greeneville is, they need to schedule those teams. Not a knock, I just think top teams need to play top teams. 

Definitely don't disagree with you.  All 4 of their non conference games have some kind of tie to Greeneville.  MW is Greeneville's oldest Rival and played against each other in the Imac days when both teams hated each other with a passion.  Db Finally decided they would put us back on the schedule last year since being beat by the Devils in 2002,  Science Hill and Greeneville have always Scrimmaged and started playing in the regular season again in 2011 (Carter and Ballard go back to when Carter was at Sullivan South with Curt Phillips and Company).  Pisgah needed a game and Greeneville's O line Coach use to be a Standout for the Pisgah Bears so their head coach gave coach Bentley a call.  I wouldn't call these teams Slouches even in a down year when its only week 4,  MW is the weakest of the bunch i would say so far.  You are correct that Alcoa would be a great game for both teams

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Definitely don't disagree with you.  All 4 of their non conference games have some kind of tie to Greeneville.  MW is Greeneville's oldest Rival and played against each other in the Imac days when both teams hated each other with a passion.  Db Finally decided they would put us back on the schedule last year since being beat by the Devils in 2002,  Science Hill and Greeneville have always Scrimmaged and started playing in the regular season again in 2011 (Carter and Ballard go back to when Carter was at Sullivan South with Curt Phillips and Company).  Pisgah needed a game and Greeneville's O line Coach use to be a Standout for the Pisgah Bears so their head coach gave coach Bentley a call.  I wouldn't call these teams Slouches even in a down year when its only week 4,  MW is the weakest of the bunch i would say so far.  You are correct that Alcoa would be a great game for both teams

I love games that have ties, but Alcoa/Greeneville would be a good series IMO. I get the MW game for sure. DB and SH haven’t really been good for a while, consistently at least. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

Nice try. I’ve given them all the credit in the world, but would like to see them play someone they don’t beat by 40+. I just like to see good teams play good teams. 

Call it what you want, you can call it biased for all I care, but I believe the way Greeneville is playing right now they could beat any team in the state!   Don't get me wrong I know Alcoa, Mvill, and a couple of other teams in the state would not be push overs.  This Greeneville team is not finished yet and I believe some records/history will be made this year by this team!   That's the way I see it and i will continue to do so until proven otherwise! 

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 2

All the speculation about playing teams the Devils don't have on their schedule is fun and all BUT the only thing that can be controlled is winning the games on the schedule and bringing home the gold.Elizabethton gave Alcoa all they wanted in the playoffs a couple years ago and is playing great football right now.Thats the most important team  that we should be concerned about and not overlook anyone else that we do play.Come playoff time,unless Alcoa jumps into 4A by some tssaa special rule that's never been done , neither one of us need be concerned about an IFL game that's not going to happen.Alcoa has a great team and so do a few other schools,but teams in  4A are all I'm worried about beating when it's playoff time.We have enough in front of us to deal with as it is.There is no question that Greeneville is capable of playing any team this year but at the same time,that can be said for Alcoa and a few more.Just enjoy the ride and hope we can get it done against AC, Elizabethton and the best we might face. 

Edited by BatmanDevil