Greeneville Vs. Science Hill

DevilMan03

27 minutes ago, barb said:

42 - 0 against SH and the Zebras. Officiating was PATHETIC

There were definitely some questionable calls. One that stood out to me that a lot of fans were complaining about they got right though. I’m talking about the pass interference called on Hite when he climbed the Science Hill WR. A lot of fans around me were complaining that the pass was not a catchable pass and there should be no penalty. That rule does not apply to high school football. That was the correct call. 

Edited by budkilmer

I wanted to go to the Murville - Alcoa game but couldn't get away in time to avoid the late afternoon Knoxville traffic  nightmare, so we went to this clunker instead. We should have stopped and watched North vs Chucky-Doak instead. Like the Greeneville - DB game, this was over early in the 2nd quarter. I don't know if a team in Tennessee has ever went an entire season and post season mercy ruling every team they play, but Greeneville has an excellent shot at doing that. 

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

I wanted to go to the Murville - Alcoa game but couldn't get away in time to avoid the late afternoon Knoxville traffic  nightmare, so we went to this clunker instead. We should have stopped and watched North vs Chucky-Doak instead. Like the Greeneville - DB game, this was over early in the 2nd quarter. I don't know if a team in Tennessee has ever went an entire season and post season mercy ruling every team they play, but Greeneville has an excellent shot at doing that. 

Elizabethton may be the only team left on the schedule that could keep them from accomplishing that feat. The only other thing I could think of that could hinder it too is if North Carolina has such a rule? I guess we could still go by the score though if they don’t. 

Edited by budkilmer

9 hours ago, budkilmer said:

Elizabethton may be the only team left on the schedule that could keep them from accomplishing that feat. The only other thing I could think of that could hinder it too is if North Carolina has such a rule? I guess we could still go by the score though if they don’t. 

Greeneville is good, but dang that’s a cupcake schedule. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

Greeneville is good, but dang that’s a cupcake schedule. 

Who else would you want them to play? DB, MW and SH are arguably the three best teams year in and year out this side of Knoxville historically. Pisgah is 4-0 over in NC. Everyone else on the schedule is conference game. 

Also, I’m beginning to think that these teams aren’t that bad of teams. Greeneville is just really good. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, budkilmer said:

Who else would you want them to play? DB, MW and SH are arguably the three best teams year in and year out this side of Knoxville historically. Pisgah is 4-0 over in NC. Everyone else on the schedule is conference game. 

Also, I’m beginning to think that these teams aren’t that bad of teams. Greeneville is just really good. 

It’s only an hour and twenty minutes to alcoa... I mean, some of the fans say Greeneville is the best team in the state. Couldn’t hurt to play down to a little 3A team.