Waverly at Fairview

rednecktiger31

1 minute ago, Swarm said:

Out of respect for Waverly I haven't mentioned anything about what you're eluding to here. Because it's none of my business. But if he isn't on the field Friday night it will most definitely make Waverly more one dimensional. As I understand theres a very good offensive lineman that may be missing too. My source is a Waverly parent/good friend. I hope both kids are on the field Friday night. 

My fear is they won’t be

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

My question is “because I don’t know” who or what players are as explosive as our players. Is it enough that your Jackets are going to put up more TDs than Waverly? 

IMO I say no. 

Tigers get the Win. I look forward to an exciting game. Best of luck

I prefer not to mention names of players on here. Suffice it to say we can and will score alot of points though. You'll see what I mean on Friday night. You aren't going to beat us with just a quarterback and a wide receiver. I dont care how good they are. You'll have to be balanced and be able to run the ball to keep us honest. You'll have your big plays but we'll also get our stops and make some big defensive plays. You could argue that Waverly has had a higher tally of gifted athletes every year for the past 5 years but that hasn't translated into victories. Discipline, good coaching, and game planning can overcome alot. 

I'm glad we have gotten passed the pettiness and can discuss the game with civility. Good luck to you guys as well. :thumb:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trollin said:

Where did I predict a running clock? Where did I predict anything on this game? Other than stating that Waverly SHOULD win? 

The truth is you got your panties in a wad and someone actually fired back at you when you really don’t know what your mad about? Are you ok? Do you need a hug? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Or does the word SHOULD just hurt your feelings? I mean do you realize how rediculous you have made this? All because I said “ I don’t know how this game will turn out. Waverly should win.” Also I don’t recall you asking me... hey man will you tell me why you feel Waverly should win? Instead you become super BUTT HURT and start talking about how amazing Fairview is and how they have dominated Waverly. Yet you have failed to explain why you think Fairview is so good this year?! So let me explain to you why Waverly SHOULD win.

McConnells 5th year as a head coach. Experience. This years Senior Class is loaded with talented kids who have mostly played/started since Freshman year. Mr. Football Gavin Stanfield’s 4th year starting at QB. He looks better than ever this year and could probably run the offense with out McConnell. Bigger Faster Stronger. JD Dixon 4th year starter. Absolute athlete. Can catch anything. Make you miss tackles. And probably fastest guy on field. Oh and he plays great defense. Colton Cochran will dominate on both offense and defense. Pure Stud. Senior lineman on both sides with lots of experience. We also have some Juniors who have matured and are difference makers this year. Bottom line is Waverly has an experienced, talented group of players this year. Every thing is in tune and clicking on offense. They score at will. Yes the defense gave up 60pts to Huntingdon but until you watch Huntingdon play you could see why. They are loaded offensively. I still believe in our defense and still believe they are a lot better than last year. I know nothing of Fairview this year. They lost their stud back and they lost their stud QB 2 years ago. Usually you hear of a special player for Fairview and I just haven’t heard anything special about Fairview. Like I said I believe this Waverly team is experienced and talented and SHOULD win this game.

My prediction 

Waverly 55 Fairview 35

TRollin I'll give credit where its due, no doubt your QB and WR were top notch when you came to Paul Ward Stadium!! But....if I'm honest, your receivers were making great catches as your QB was running for his life. It's not like he had protection and was sitting in the pocket hitting great crossing routes. (maybe a couple)  I saw 2 growth areas for Waverly and it was definitely the offense/defensive lines. Our linemen were beating you badly on both sides of the ball. Yes, you came out and set the world on fire the 2nd half and caught our boys a lil point drunk after the half. (they are kids and hard to motivate when they are scoring at will in the 1st half) With all that having been said. Waverly.. Yes you have a fine football team, and you will win a bunch of games this year. BUT...if you go into the playoffs one dimensional....it will be short lived. (and yes you were one dimensional vs. Huntingdon because they shut your running game down) Trust me, us Huntingdon folks know this all too well. Best of luck to ya on Friday night!!

38 minutes ago, HHSFBF said:

TRollin I'll give credit where its due, no doubt your QB and WR were top notch when you came to Paul Ward Stadium!! But....if I'm honest, your receivers were making great catches as your QB was running for his life. It's not like he had protection and was sitting in the pocket hitting great crossing routes. (maybe a couple)  I saw 2 growth areas for Waverly and it was definitely the offense/defensive lines. Our linemen were beating you badly on both sides of the ball. Yes, you came out and set the world on fire the 2nd half and caught our boys a lil point drunk after the half. (they are kids and hard to motivate when they are scoring at will in the 1st half) With all that having been said. Waverly.. Yes you have a fine football team, and you will win a bunch of games this year. BUT...if you go into the playoffs one dimensional....it will be short lived. (and yes you were one dimensional vs. Huntingdon because they shut your running game down) Trust me, us Huntingdon folks know this all too well. Best of luck to ya on Friday night!!

#20 was eating us up!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Swarm said:

Out of respect for Waverly I haven't mentioned anything about what you're eluding to here. Because it's none of my business. But if he isn't on the field Friday night it will most definitely make Waverly more one dimensional. As I understand theres a very good offensive lineman that may be missing too. My source is a Waverly parent/good friend. I hope both kids are on the field Friday night. 

Fortunately Waverly has had 2 weeks to make adjustments needed. It’s a sad situation. Appreciate your respect about the situation. It’s been bitter news to say the least. But Waverly will move on and someone else gets an opportunity to make some plays. 

• Like 1

From what I hear Wavo had players quitting during the season because coaches were a little hard on them? In my day, you play a bad game on Friday night, Monday afternoon in film session you better come in with your shirt off, because you were going to have to fight a coach.

Kids today remind me a lot of my first ex wife Shelia; ill tempered and simple minded.

Both teams are lucky they don't have to play Squatch county, we'd probably beat either one by 5 or 6 TDs

Edited by bolddust281