Mt. Juliet (3-0) at Gallatin (1-2)

steelcityroller

Its getting to that point where teams will start showing their true colors after a handful of games. We will find out the contenders and the pretenders.

Mt. Juliet is 3-0 but has gotten off to a sloppy start. They started off against Glencliff. Then had a sloppy game (albeit a 35-0 win) against Overton. Then last week survived a turnover filled game for a 14-10 win against Lebanon. I've seen their last 2 games and they have a strong defense, great special teams and good running game. But they have made mistakes and have yet to find their passing game. They have struggled offensively in my opinion these last two games with defense and special teams playing a big roll in helping them get field position to put points on the board.

Gallatin is 1-2 but could easily be 3-0 with two close losses against Springfield and Station Camp. But all the same through 3 games they have allowed 18, 22 and 31. And have scored 19, 26 and 26. I've seen them twice against TC at the jamboree and against Station Camp.

I do think Mt. Juliet has a clear edge in this game especially up front on both sides of the ball. And they have more speed and playmakers. However can they play mistake free ball? And can Gallatin capitalize on it if they do make those same mistakes?

As for a prediction I look at the past 3 games and Gallatin has allowed 18, 22 and 31 to teams that are not on par with Mt. Juliet in my opinion. And the same with the scoring as they have scored 19, 26 and 26 against those same teams. Whereas while Mt. Juliet has been sporadic on offense they have only allowed 10 points through 3 games.

So in a nutshell I have a hard time seeing Gallatin holding Mt. Juliet to anything less than 21 points and don't see them being able to put up that many points when they have the ball.

Mt. Juliet 28

Gallatin 14

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Its getting to that point where teams will start showing their true colors after a handful of games. We will find out the contenders and the pretenders.

Mt. Juliet is 3-0 but has gotten off to a sloppy start. They started off against Glencliff. Then had a sloppy game (albeit a 35-0 win) against Overton. Then last week survived a turnover filled game for a 14-10 win against Lebanon. I've seen their last 2 games and they have a strong defense, great special teams and good running game. But they have made mistakes and have yet to find their passing game. They have struggled offensively in my opinion these last two games with defense and special teams playing a big roll in helping them get field position to put points on the board.

Gallatin is 1-2 but could easily be 3-0 with two close losses against Springfield and Station Camp. But all the same through 3 games they have allowed 18, 22 and 31. And have scored 19, 26 and 26. I've seen them twice against TC at the jamboree and against Station Camp.

I do think Mt. Juliet has a clear edge in this game especially up front on both sides of the ball. And they have more speed and playmakers. However can they play mistake free ball? And can Gallatin capitalize on it if they do make those same mistakes?

As for a prediction I look at the past 3 games and Gallatin has allowed 18, 22 and 31 to teams that are not on par with Mt. Juliet in my opinion. And the same with the scoring as they have scored 19, 26 and 26 against those same teams. Whereas while Mt. Juliet has been sporadic on offense they have only allowed 10 points through 3 games.

So in a nutshell I have a hard time seeing Gallatin holding Mt. Juliet to anything less than 21 points and don't see them being able to put up that many points when they have the ball.

Mt. Juliet 28

Gallatin 14

I think Gallatin has played tougher competition at this point so scores do not mean much to me.  If the Gallatin team that played Friday vs Hillsboro shows up and not the slow starting team of the first two games, then Mt Juliet will have a tough game.  It all depends on which Gallatin team comes to play.  As Mark Williams said, Gallatin’s biggest problem has been Gallatin.  

Edited by GWAVE1

7 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Most of the turn overs Mt J had the other night was fumbles on the snap from center.  THAT should have been automatic by this time of year.  It appeared Mt J had a nervous QB running an unfamiliar Wing T offense.

Gallatin might show up with the attitude of old.  If they do, Mt J better prepare for a loss.

I like the fight of this Gallatin squad but I expect a very hard hitting game.  MJ always plays the Wave with grit.  These contests have a lot of spirit in them.  Always a tough game with Mt Juliet and I expect nothing less.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I think Gallatin has played tougher competition at this point so scores do not mean much to me.  If the Gallatin team that played Friday vs Hillsboro shows up and not the slow starting team of the first two games, then Mt Juliet will have a tough game.  It all depends on which Gallatin team comes to play.  As Mark Williams said, Gallatin’s biggest problem has been Gallatin.  

How in the world is Gallatin going to score 14? The MJ defense is as good as anyone. They will be lucky to have 50 yds of offense. Against an explosive offense like Lebanon they only allowed 60 yds. 

BIG MONEY BUDDY

11 hours ago, DylanPanthers1 said:

How in the world is Gallatin going to score 14? The MJ defense is as good as anyone. They will be lucky to have 50 yds of offense. Against an explosive offense like Lebanon they only allowed 60 yds. 

BIG MONEY BUDDY

Explosive offense like Lebanon?  It seems offense is where Lebanon has struggled a bit