5. South-Doyle 3-0 80

6. Henry County 3-0 77

7. Clarksville 3-0 44

8. Summit 3-0 42

9. David Crockett 3-0 37

T10. Daniel Boone 2-0 10

T10. Rhea County 2-0 10

I know Knox Catholic lost to Maryville, so they're either 1-1 or 2-1

just based off of record for right now.  Don't know much about many of the teams on there.  Clarksville has a decent team but I really don't think they have played anyone.  Rossview not that good this year, Springfield not that good this year, and I really don't know anything about whoever they played last.  NE has beaten some good teams as has Henry Co.  It really doesn't matter as region play still has a week before it truly starts.  Then you can start thinning the heard.  CHS should be 4-0 heading into Henry Co.  That sets up to be a good game.

41 minutes ago, gbrpats said:

Yes it does matter!!

Nahhh. These polls are just fodder for fans to argue over and bulletin board material for coaches to use in their pregame speeches lol 

I don’t think we topped these regular season rankings at any point during either of our state championship seasons. 

In fact I kinda like being ranked below Northeast! Gives us all the more incentive to prove em wrong when the time comes!

Edited by MSURacer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

As an OR fan, I think we are ranked too high. Actually, I would rather us not be ranked at all. Our game against Farragut Friday night will really show where we stand, even though they're a 6A school. 

You are totally right. I am so proud of how the Wildcats have started the season but have we played well enough to be #2? No, we have played well enough to be 3 - 0 but there are so many things OR needs to work on and improve on. There are players who we need to step up and provide depth. There is still so much football to be played, injuries to be dealt with and roadblocks to be faced. How will the Cats respond after a defeat? 

I am strapped in my seat and ready to see how this season plays out. RWR!

23 hours ago, UTInsider said:

just based off of record for right now.  Don't know much about many of the teams on there.  Clarksville has a decent team but I really don't think they have played anyone.  Rossview not that good this year, Springfield not that good this year, and I really don't know anything about whoever they played last.  NE has beaten some good teams as has Henry Co.  It really doesn't matter as region play still has a week before it truly starts.  Then you can start thinning the heard.  CHS should be 4-0 heading into Henry Co.  That sets up to be a good game.

Ok, Time Out on the field!

Clarksville's wins are over: 6A Rossview (2-1), 4A State Runner-Up Springfield (2-1), and a long road trip to Lewisburg, MS (1-2)

While NE's wins are over: N. Hardin (1-2), McCracken County (1-2), and Kenwood (1-2).

Clarksville has beaten some good teams 

But NE has yet to be tested, and they are far from being in the same class as HC.

• Like 1