Adamsville @ Gibson County

GCPioneer

8 minutes ago, utvol2 said:

Gibson takes the win 14-10! I believe after the horrible injury to our best LB it shook our young guys up! I’ve never seen this many injuries here since the ‘83 season when we had 19 guys left healthy by the end of the year!  Congrats to GC! You did what you had to do to win! 

Sorry to hear about the young man hurt. Hate the string of injuries. Those boys are proud they will keep fighting. 

5 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Sorry to hear about the young man hurt. Hate the string of injuries. Those boys are proud they will keep fighting. 

Thanks BigEd! Everyone was pretty shaken up by it! A persons body is just not meant to get twisted like his did! Our sophomore QB played like a boss tonight & the guys will continue to play hard! Just  pray for #32! He will have a lengthy recovery! 

What a win for GC!   First off, prayer to the kid that was hurt.  Never want to see that happen.   Hope he get the help and care he needs to get back healthy.   Now to the game.    This may have been the game GC needed to turn a corner.  They had Lake Co beat earlier in he year and couldn’t finish.  I believe we were actually the better team tonight.    We moved the ball pretty well but turned it over 3 times in adamsville territory.    And had some costly penalties to keep drives alive for adamsville.  The qb from adamsville was pretty impressive.  Stood in there and took some big hits but still made some throws.  11 was tough to cover for our guys.  When adamsville had the ball up 10-0 and first and goal GC teams of the past would have folded.   Made a stop and made the comeback!  

BTW.   The touchback call on the sack fumble was bar none the absolute worst blown call I have ever seen.  And could have been a game changer.  How they came to that conclusion I’ll never understand.  

Edited by westtnsportsfan