Marshall County hosts Maplewood

Lead

1 hour ago, Lovemytigers3 said:

Yes at our playoff game in November and this game. Maplewood is very good this year, in fact we’ve beaten them the last 4 times and they clearly are the best I’ve seen since them. But when you have a player sucker punch a retired military guy who was a cop, I’m sorry I just can’t let it go! They won fair and square, I’m not taking anything away from that but you take the knee and don’t take off running and maybe it wouldn’t have happened. But last year was 45 minutes after the game was over and our team was on bus already why weren’t they? Last year was planned out it was obvious and TSSAA did nothing about it, so now they know they can keep on. I really wanted our volunteer coach to press charges, that kid is 18! Y’all can call it drama all you want but our fans are going to quit coming to Maplewood games whether here or away. So it needs to be addressed and their behavior at region banquet should have been addressed as well . I could go on about all, but I just want to play football and if we lose to the better team that’s fine, but we shouldn’t have to be afraid of  it’s almost the end of the game what’s going to happen this time? Just get them disciplined and they will be fine! We are a rural school with 80% free lunch, so it’s not like we are a lot different culture or economic community than them, before someone chimes in on that!

So what happen at the banquet?

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Isn't this the second consecutive year that there has been a brawl at a Maplewood vs Marshall County game?  This is a sad representation of high school athletics and will unfortunately have a ripple effect that will effect some innocent kids in the next 24-48 hours.  

how many Marshall kids involved?

1 hour ago, bleacher said:

As you refer to last year's playoff game, remember that the only ejection came to a Marshall County player. Even your homegrown officials did not put the blame on Maplewood.

Let me remind you that the ejection was overturned because earlier in the game the referee wrote down the wrong players number. So once again the film showed that even though the bogus personal foul on him at end of game shoving the 2 players off him, would have been his second foul it was only his first. Refs wrote wrong number down the first time.

55 minutes ago, Lovemytigers3 said:

Let me remind you that the ejection was overturned because earlier in the game the referee wrote down the wrong players number. So once again the film showed that even though the bogus personal foul on him at end of game shoving the 2 players off him, would have been his second foul it was only his first. Refs wrote wrong number down the first time.

R you a coach?

6 hours ago, bleacher said:

As you refer to last year's playoff game, remember that the only ejection came to a Marshall County player. Even your homegrown officials did not put the blame on Maplewood.

Homegrown officials? TSSAA schedules the officials for playoff games. Wasn't anything homegrown about it. By all means keep talking like you saw the replay multiple times. By the way, Lovemytigers is not a coach.

• Like 1