Clarksville High @ Henry County

HCBigRed

21 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

QB Hale Page (Hillwood) is the coaches son. Coach Page played QB for Vanderbilt

Hale has passed for 1,190 yards in the 4 games so far.

Watching him play last week was pretty impressive.

Hmmm...I really wish WE could have a quarterback like that.  One that can throw it a long way and someone catch it instead of just run, run, run.  That's all we ever do is run, run, run. 

Edited by FactsOnly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Swarm4Life said:

No disrespect to Hillywood, Springfield, and Rossview, but I'd say CHS has not seen anything close to the defense they'll encounter this Friday.

I agree. But this will be the first year ever, that CHS will be able to match up with the Patriots in the trenches. And we are pretty balanced on offense.

I actually could see this game going either way. 

A Defensive game 10-7 or an offensive race 42-35.

1 hour ago, bigdawgtn said:

I like clarksville chance in this one. They are a very good football team

Thanks that's my point very good isn't going to be enough this year to beat HC. You will have to be next to flawless to beat them. Too much offensive firepower and a very solid and tough defensive unit. 

4 hours ago, Swarm4Life said:

No disrespect to Hillywood, Springfield, and Rossview, but I'd say CHS has not seen anything close to the defense they'll encounter this Friday.

No Disrespect to the 4 opponents that HC has played either (being that none of them are over .500) but this will be the best offense HC has played so far also. I agree with gbrpats however, with HC being too much to overcome at home, but a close game, and CHS does have the talent to play with and upset HC if HC does not play well.

I also find it interesting that HC somehow has already won the region and the playoffs and will make it to Cookeville. I think you will find NE is pretty good at their place.

26 minutes ago, Oldguy1027 said:

No Disrespect to the 4 opponents that HC has played either (being that none of them are over .500) but this will be the best offense HC has played so far also. I agree with gbrpats however, with HC being too much to overcome at home, but a close game, and CHS does have the talent to play with and upset HC if HC does not play well.

I also find it interesting that HC somehow has already won the region and the playoffs and will make it to Cookeville. I think you will find NE is pretty good at their place.

I’m not going to disagree that Clarksville and NE are good, but I don’t think either of them beat HC. If HC hits in all cylinders, they’re a tough draw for anyone  

Side note: Haywood is pretty good, with close losses to HC and Briarcrest. 

1 hour ago, Oldguy1027 said:

Sorry, just not true. I’ve seen CHS and they’re nowhere near as explosive, physical, or talented as Haywood. No comparison. Sure, HC could lose this game. That’s why they play. But I’ll take the challenge of stopping CHS over Haywood any day. As another one of our posters likes to say, “just the facts”.

Also, we know NE is good at their place. Got our tail whipped there in 2012 if I remember correctly. Came back there for the semifinals the next year, painted the stadium red, and won by a very comfortable margin. I know some of our posters are overzealous at times, but no Clarksville school will ever scare us. 

Edited by RedSwarm
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedSwarm said:

Sorry, just not true. I’ve seen CHS and they’re nowhere near as explosive, physical, or talented as Haywood. No comparison. Sure, HC could lose this game. That’s why they play. But I’ll take the challenge of stopping CHS over Haywood any day. As another one of our posters likes to say, “just the facts”.

Thank you!!!

6 minutes ago, RedSwarm said:

Most seem to think there is no challenge to be had. I saw Haywood last year vs Springfield and they are a good team. I just seem to disagree with everyone one here that CHS has no talent. The college offers to a number of different players would say otherwise. I still think that HC wins a close game and I still think this offense will be the best HC has faced so far, especially if Watch plays at RB for CHS

6 minutes ago, Oldguy1027 said:

Most seem to think there is no challenge to be had. I saw Haywood last year vs Springfield and they are a good team. I just seem to disagree with everyone one here that CHS has no talent. The college offers to a number of different players would say otherwise. I still think that HC wins a close game and I still think this offense will be the best HC has faced so far, especially if Watch plays at RB for CHS

Nobody said they didnt have talent.  I expect a good game but that 4th quarter WILL be special!

1 minute ago, gbrpats said:

Nobody said they didnt have talent.  I expect a good game but that 4th quarter WILL be special!

I am looking forward to the game. No matter what HC is always a good host to us. I will have more than one Fried bologna sandwich, but will not disclose the final number to my wife.

I will say too that I have no kid on any team (used to), I just love Friday night lights and this should be fun to watch.