Westmoreland at Trousdale

tcjacket13

6 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Through 4 games TC has allowed in terms of rushing defense 74 yards against Friendship, 100 against Gordonsville, 120 against Lebanon and 140 against Watertown.

For the most part teams haven't had too much success running the ball against them.

So how does Westmoreland stack up against the teams that TC has faced so far? Lebanon, Watertown, Friendship and Gordonsville. Because I could be wrong but I believe TC has had +200 yards (+300 against Gordy and Friendship) rushing in each of those games.

And aside from a couple long runs have pretty much stopped the run in each of these games.

I have seen Westmoreland twice and they are nowhere near as big or fast as Lebanon, Friendship or Watertown on either side of the ball. I would say they are on par with Gordonsville.

1 game is all that counts. Motown just has to take it to another level friday night. Thats how we will look at it. We dont have the many athletes that TC has but 1 game! Thats all we have to get pumped for this week. 

9 hours ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

2 is good player but he had been given chance after chance. Glad to see our Coach make a stand. Life lesson for the kid. You don’t act the way you want to act. It’s a team game. Team is much bigger than one person. TC looked like a team Friday night. Ride with Satterfield and Linarez . Dependable and committed. 

You have to cut out the cancer or it will continue to spread. I am glad Coach has the guts to do it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Through 4 games TC has allowed in terms of rushing defense 74 yards against Friendship, 100 against Gordonsville, 120 against Lebanon and 140 against Watertown.

For the most part teams haven't had too much success running the ball against them.

So how does Westmoreland stack up against the teams that TC has faced so far? Lebanon, Watertown, Friendship and Gordonsville. Because I could be wrong but I believe TC has had +200 yards (+300 against Gordy and Friendship) rushing in each of those games.

And aside from a couple long runs have pretty much stopped the run in each of these games.

I have seen Westmoreland twice and they are nowhere near as big or fast as Lebanon, Friendship or Watertown on either side of the ball. I would say they are on par with Gordonsville.

I think Westy is better than Gville defensively and much more physical. Offensively, they are not great and probably similar to Gville. Shut down 44 and that limits the damage they can do. He is a big back that can run. I don’t know If he is getting any college looks, but he can definitely play LB at the next level. I look for Westmoreland to keep it close first half and for TC to pull away in the second. I see a 28-14 type game. Now if TC connects on a couple of passes or scores on special teams, it could be a 4-5 TD victory for TC.

40 minutes ago, Vent said:

I think Westy is better than Gville defensively and much more physical. Offensively, they are not great and probably similar to Gville. Shut down 44 and that limits the damage they can do. He is a big back that can run. I don’t know If he is getting any college looks, but he can definitely play LB at the next level. I look for Westmoreland to keep it close first half and for TC to pull away in the second. I see a 28-14 type game. Now if TC connects on a couple of passes or scores on special teams, it could be a 4-5 TD victory for TC.

I think you 100 percent correct on all above. 44 is a good back and very good linebacker. He’s a good kid too! The other lb and rb is also a very good player. I don’t know his number or name. This will be a close game. Westmoreland is always tough and will give everything they have. And their 4-0

1 hour ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

I think you 100 percent correct on all above. 44 is a good back and very good linebacker. He’s a good kid too! The other lb and rb is also a very good player. I don’t know his number or name. This will be a close game. Westmoreland is always tough and will give everything they have. And their 4-0

His name is tyson leduc. Hes a great young man as well. We have some good kids on this team. They relatively young as well. To win this week westmoreland will have to have some sophmores rise to the occasion! 

27 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

His name is tyson leduc. Hes a great young man as well. We have some good kids on this team. They relatively young as well. To win this week westmoreland will have to have some sophmores rise to the occasion! 

Your playing a young TC team also. Lots of sophomores and junior starters as well!

15 hours ago, Vent said:

Again, not sure of his history or issues. His talent is undeniable. Sometimes cutting one loose will pull a team together. As I have said, TC’s defense is good enough to beat anyone in 2A. Offensively, they are very vanilla and not very explosive against good competition. That may change when 8 comes back, but if Ford hadn’t played against Watertown, TC loses by 21. If he is willing to move, I am sure we can find a spot for him in Macon and he can pick what position he wants to play.

That kid would never play for Macon co now your dreaming he will be back next year TC is more than just one player I can tell you haven’t seen TC play that much with saying TC is not explosive with #6 breaking long runs game after game He has only played in one game all year because he has been suspended I think Watertown Lebanon and Friendship Christian are all very good competition 

1 hour ago, RTD said:

That kid would never play for Macon co now your dreaming he will be back next year TC is more than just one player I can tell you haven’t seen TC play that much with saying TC is not explosive with #6 breaking long runs game after game He has only played in one game all year because he has been suspended I think Watertown Lebanon and Friendship Christian are all very good competition 

LOL! I have seen TC play plenty. I will say again, 2 passed the eye test. The others are good players, but 2 was the most explosive player on the field against Watertown. Take him away and you do NOT move the ball. The other guys will shine against average teams, but the facts are you scored 35 in a full game against a Gville team that gave up 42 in a half to Watertown. TC is NOT explosive without 2 and 8. I thought TC would cakewalk to the gold ball with 2 and 8 back. Take 2 off this team and they are still very good, but not state championship good. Once 8 gets back, my opinion could change, but I want to see if TC opens up the playbook or continues to limit themselves offensively.

1 minute ago, Vent said:

LOL! I have seen TC play plenty. I will say again, 2 passed the eye test. The others are good players, but 2 was the most explosive player on the field against Watertown. Take him away and you do NOT move the ball. The other guys will shine against average teams, but the facts are you scored 35 in a full game against a Gville team that gave up 42 in a half to Watertown. TC is NOT explosive without 2 and 8. I thought TC would cakewalk to the gold ball with 2 and 8 back. Take 2 off this team and they are still very good, but not state championship good. Once 8 gets back, my opinion could change, but I want to see if TC opens up the playbook or continues to limit themselves offensively.

First off we scored 42 vs Gville and only ran about 10 different plays the whole game, and to say the jackets aren't explosive is laughable, we are struggling with the little things right now and offensively if it ain't broke don't fix it, sure we have been vanilla but when the opponent can't stop vanilla then it doesn't matter, and before you say anything about the I vs Watertown, I agree they couldn't stop it last year and they really didn't stop it this year. That's the only argument you have. 

You are 2-2 on the season and should be 4-0. TC has had the better team in each game. Clint Satterfield is 4-0 right now with this bunch. To say something isn’t broke is laughable. TC will dominate the rest of the regular season, but I will say that your lack of offense gets you beat when they start counting. 

I think I was a little vague on my lack of explosion statement. You still have some fast athletic kids, but when everyone in the stadium knows it is a run I am not sure you can score enough against good teams (see Lebanon and Watertown) If 8 comes back as the QB and they start getting people into space and utilizing the pass game, that could change some things. 2 and 8 are a cut above everyone else. They can score at any given time no matter what the defense does. The other kids may prove me wrong, only time will tell. 

I am pulling for TC to make a run because I like good football, but I don’t think anyone can honestly say they are not concerned with the state of the TC program with all that has went on so far this year. If Westy can move the ball on you to keep their defense fresh and in good situations, this game could be close. If you would have asked me before he season started, I would have said TC by as much as they want. 

Edited by Vent

17 minutes ago, Vent said:

You are 2-2 on the season and should be 4-0. TC has had the better team in each game. Clint Satterfield is 4-0 right now with this bunch. To say something isn’t broke is laughable. TC will dominate the rest of the regular season, but I will say that your lack of offense gets you beat when they start counting. 

I think I was a little vague on my lack of explosion statement. You still have some fast athletic kids, but when everyone in the stadium knows it is a run I am not sure you can score enough against good teams (see Lebanon and Watertown) If 8 comes back as the QB and they start getting people into space and utilizing the pass game, that could change some things. 2 and 8 are a cut above everyone else. They can score at any given time no matter what the defense does. The other kids may prove me wrong, only time will tell. 

I am pulling for TC to make a run because I like good football, but I don’t think anyone can honestly say they are not concerned with the state of the TC program with all that has went on so far this year. If Westy can move the ball on you to keep their defense fresh and in good situations, this game could be close. If you would have asked me before he season started, I would have said TC by as much as they want. 

Clint Satterfield is not 4-0 with this team unless 8 is at qb. Lebanon had a better team with more depth. Watertown had just as good of team especially without our 8. He himself will tell you this. Now the Watertown game was one TC should have won but fumbled away and just couldn’t close it out. 2 is a good player like I have said before but his attitude and behavior will lose you games. It’s good to see a coach that will not take the road of non character to just win a few more games. I am glad he had the guts to do it. Not sure if I would have! You will see a more complete team when 8 is back because you will have an offense that can throw, a qb that can run and playmakers all over the field that he can get ball to. Heck your one play away from beating Lebanon and if not for a holding penalty you do. I think I said last week, your 5 points away from being undefeated without your best player. 

Offensively, your playing with a fullback at qb. He can’t run the ball or pass ball. He’s a fullback and will be back at that spot in 3 weeks. Offensively TC is having to just run the ball every which way they can with teams knowing they are just running ball. 

TC is without one of their best DL/OL right now. He will be back in 3 weeks. Got 4 sophomores who start. 5 is good but not the same as last year after having knee surgery. You have to have a lot of things go your way to win golden ball. How long has TC been playing football? We only have won 10. There have been lots of other good teams that didn’t win. That’s why I wear my championship ring proud!!! 

Edited by Jacketsalumn02
  • Like 1