Waverly vs McKenzie

rednecktiger31

8 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Wish you would have been on when the Duck and Butchie show was going!!! Two great and funny guys, and bigtime McKenzie fans. Sadly, 'Ol Duck passed away...Butchie just lost interest afterward. Man, I miss those two and their roadtrip stories...

RIP Duck

My road buddy rednecktiger dont talk much..lol

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

The Rebels need to get their ground game going to have a chance. Waverlys defense is still suspect. Control the ball and hope for a few turnovers you might have a chance for an upset.

That's exactly what shouldn't happen. McKenzie has a decent passing game, but their rushing attack is too inconsistent to drive down the field. They gain 6, then lose 4 the next play. Their linemen don't look too bad individually, just don't block well as a group, and allow penetration on a regular basis. If you can keep the long ball out of the receivers' hands, you might blank them on the scoreboard. The run defense is suspect...Scotts Hill's back had 250+ at the half, and often wasn't challenged until he hit the secondary...he's a good back with speed and vision, but he's not on Dixon's level either. Dixon has a shot at a career night in this one if McConnell turns him loose.

• Upvote 1

Guest MustangMan2020
8 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

The Rebels need to get their ground game going to have a chance. Waverlys defense is still suspect. Control the ball and hope for a few turnovers you might have a chance for an upset.

A upset may be a little bit of a stretch!! Lol.. I still think Waverly is a big time threat to win a gold ball..  They got the talent just got to get on a roll... There schedule with top teams will pay off at playoff time!! 

12 hours ago, MustangMan2020 said:

A upset may be a little bit of a stretch!! Lol.. I still think Waverly is a big time threat to win a gold ball..  They got the talent just got to get on a roll... There schedule with top teams will pay off at playoff time!! 

Man I totally agree with you. In 2016 Waverly was battle tested throughout the yr. Camden, Fairveiw, Cheatham County, Lewis County, Scotts Hill, and Riverside. Region 5 was loaded with good teams that yr which is now Region6. Three of the teams stated above were 3A teams that yr also. Of coarse we beat all of them besides Fairview we lost by one point. The only other team that stopped Waverly that yr was Trezvant(Memphis). The Waverly team that yr had a Defense like I havent ever seen. Check the scores it reflects. Being challenged through the season helps a team more than anything. Thats just my opinion. 

Guest MustangMan2020
1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Man I totally agree with you. In 2016 Waverly was battle tested throughout the yr. Camden, Fairveiw, Cheatham County, Lewis County, Scotts Hill, and Riverside. Region 5 was loaded with good teams that yr which is now Region6. Three of the teams stated above were 3A teams that yr also. Of coarse we beat all of them besides Fairview we lost by one point. The only other team that stopped Waverly that yr was Trezvant(Memphis). The Waverly team that yr had a Defense like I havent ever seen. Check the scores it reflects. Being challenged through the season helps a team more than anything. Thats just my opinion. 

Good luck rest of year!! From outsider looking in what u think of Huntingdon’s chances? I know we gave up lots of points to you all but who hasn’t..