Meigs County vs. McMinn Central

TigerNation

5 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

If you say so. Both players fought off that resurgent Charger team (insert laugh track) after the half so it must have been all good.

Well, ONE of them did (insert laugh track). Swafford was stopped Friday Night. The only team to stop him this year is 0-6. He was 3 of 10 passing for 41 yards 2tds and an INT???? 2 rushes for 7 yards. Martin Smith is the real deal though!

13 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

Yes, there was a fight between the QB and RB @ the half. I guess stuff like that happens in locker rooms. Unfortunately this was in public lol. I know the people that saw the fight happen. They have no reason to lie and they wouldn't lie about something like that. 

........again, there was an ARGUEMENT, not a fight. Regardless of what people saw or didn't see, there's no point in bringing it up on here. 2 really good football players got into a disagreement. Who cares?

We won 47-0 the other night. That's all we care about.

4 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

Well, ONE of them did (insert laugh track). Swafford was stopped Friday Night. The only team to stop him this year is 0-6. He was 3 of 10 passing for 41 yards 2tds and an INT???? 2 rushes for 7 yards. Martin Smith is the real deal though!

Anyone with half a brain could see he was banged up and the coaches weren't letting him run the ball. Three of those incompletions were drops and the pick was on a tipped ball. If the Chargers fought as hard on the field as Meigs allegedly fights at halftime then maybe you wouldn't be 0-6. I can see why you would look for moral victories, though. Real ones are pretty hard to come by.

40 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

The INT that he threw was a bad throw. He overthrew a receiver who was wide open. Three other incompletions were dropped passes.

The coaches only ran him a total of 2 times at the GOAL LINE and both were for touchdowns....

Yeah, statistically, he had a slow night, but your Charger defense had nothing to do with it.

Swafford got to sit back and watch our running backs rush for over 400 yards.

That 0-6 defense didn't stop much of anything, so chill out.

I will be rooting for you guys against Loudon. Good luck.

Edited by MarsBlackmon

39 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

Swafford was in a boot all week, I think it was a game time decision if he was going to play, he got injured in the Rockwood game. I think I heard he strained his Achilles.

39 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

The INT that he threw was a bad throw. He overthrew a receiver who was wide open. Three other incompletions were dropped passes.

The coaches only ran him a total of 2 times at the GOAL LINE and both were for touchdowns....

Yeah, statistically, he had a slow night, but your Charger defense had nothing to do with it.

Swafford got to sit back and watch our running backs rush for over 400 yards.

That 0-6 defense didn't stop much of anything, so chill out.

I will be rooting for you guys against Loudon. Good luck.

Good luck the rest of the way.  My son told me that was the best offensive line we have faced all year.  He was talking about how strong they were.  Hope Swafford heals up nicely for your playoff run.

5 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Good luck the rest of the way.  My son told me that was the best offensive line we have faced all year.  He was talking about how strong they were.  Hope Swafford heals up nicely for your playoff run.

Thank you sir. Appreciate the compliment. Sincerely hope that you guys get it turned around. Too good a rivalry in the past to let it go and too much fun being a close to home game either way.

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

Thanks, LCM. Good luck to your son the rest of the way and in his future endeavors - great player!