Mr. Football -3A

CHARGERFAN

I opened another thread but it said 4A, so let's discuss 3A.

Covington has a sophomore running back named Marcus Hayes who has some eye-popping stats through 5 games. 

Hayes has 57 rushes for 797 yards (14 yard per carry avg.) with 11 touchdowns, based on published stats from two different sources that I have combined. He also has tons of kick return yardage (including 1 TD).

Can an underclassman be considered for Mr. Football? Is there anyone in 3A with stats like this?

Walker Russell the QB for Alcoa would get my vote for the leading candidate for Mr. Football in 3A.

He's really only played the first half of every game but one and he's averaging about 3 TDs per half played.

He's the 1st QB to lead a 3A team to a win over a defending 6A state champion and in doing so, he broke the 76 game home winning streak of the most dominant team in the state.

He will likely graduate with 4 state championship rings and likely 2 state championship offensive MVPs.

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Walker Russell the QB for Alcoa would get my vote for the leading candidate for Mr. Football in 3A.

He's really only played the first half of every game but one and he's averaging about 3 TDs per half played.

He's the 1st QB to lead a 3A team to a win over a defending 6A state champion and in doing so, he broke the 76 game home winning streak of the most dominant team in the state.

He will likely graduate with 4 state championship rings and likely 2 state championship offensive MVPs.

Got my vote! 

12 minutes ago, putnamcountyfan said:

Upperman has a running back that has 14 offensive touchdowns and 1 defensive touchdown. Has not played the whole game on any except the 1st. Strong candidate as well and a beast. Win it or not this kid is fun to watch, unless your the defense. 

Hoping we get to play upperman in the playoffs. Went to college in Cookeville, loved it and the area. Still have lots of friends in the area.

21 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Hoping we get to play upperman in the playoffs. Went to college in Cookeville, loved it and the area. Still have lots of friends in the area.

21 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

:hungry:

history tell us how that works out for Baxter.......could cause UCM to change his T name again

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1