ORHS needs to replace Sevier Co. next season. Who do you want to see OR play?

WillieTheWildcats

32 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Alcoa would bring more fans than any 5A team you play at your stadium.

RW87 is very credible source of information about Maryville FB. If she said OR said no, than the smart money is on OR saying no.

When I see highlights of Alcoa on TV, the stands aren't full...and the stands are usually small...unless they're playing the only decent team they ever play...Maryville. I'll wait until I hear Gaddis or Hunt say it...I'm not falling for unfounded rumors not matter how reliable you think they are.

1 minute ago, catswild said:

When I see highlights of Alcoa on TV, the stands aren't full...and the stands are usually small...unless they're playing the only decent team they ever play...Maryville. I'll wait until I hear Gaddis or Hunt say it...I'm not falling for unfounded rumors not matter how reliable you think they are.

Baak...Baak!

33 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

If my comments are meaningless then why are we playing Oakland and not OR Einstein 

I'm saying anyone, unless they have spoken to both Gaddis and Hunt, don't know for sure what was said. If you've spoken to both, then I apologize. But if you "heard" from someone else, who heard it from someone...then I think it's meaningless. Neither coach appears to be afraid of tough competition...just look at their schedules. Why don't you call them both and report back.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Ha. Alcoa travels as good as ANY team in TN. We filled the stands all the way up in KY and had 4 deep on the visitor side fences. What's 3A got to do with it? Seen the Latest AP poll?

Here's what I think..........

Image result for chickens gif

Buncha chickens! Baak...Baak!:lol:

No win situation...that's what. Gaddis may play them but I wouldn't. They're good but OR plays other good teams.

Just now, catswild said:

Does it sound logical to you, that Maryville would rather travel 3 hours to play 6A team they will likely meet in the semis or make the short trip to Oak RIdge and play a quality team they will not see in the playoffs.

The other benefit is OR would likely bring a bigger crowd, due to the shorter travel, than Oakland would when the rebs have the home game.

GQ is a very intelligent man. Can you think of an objective reason for him to decide to go with Oakland vs OR in a home/home series?

2 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Does it sound logical to you, that Maryville would rather travel 3 hours to play 6A team they will likely meet in the semis or make the short trip to Oak RIdge and play a quality team they will not see in the playoffs.

The other benefit is OR would likely bring a bigger crowd, due to the shorter travel, than Oakland would when the rebs have the home game.

GQ is a very intelligent man. Can you think of an objective reason for him to decide to go with Oakland vs OR in a home/home series?

Actually GQ didn’t schedule the Home/Home with Oakland. Coach Hunt did because no one else would play us or Oakland and both teams had to fill their schedule. 

6 minutes ago, catswild said:

I'm saying anyone, unless they have spoken to both Gaddis and Hunt, don't know for sure what was said. If you've spoken to both, then I apologize. But if you "heard" from someone else, who heard it from someone...then I think it's meaningless. Neither coach appears to be afraid of tough competition...just look at their schedules. Why don't you call them both and report back.

Of corse I have Derek’s number but I could just ask him when I see him in a few minutes, Einstein