York vs Upperman

UpperCumberlandMan

Well this game is officially the Tennessee Titans high school game of the week. It should be a scrap either way. York always brings a fight. Even if you beat them, you know you played them. UHS has offensive advantage with their RB and all the WR's are good they have not even had to use them all yet. Defensively both teams have not given up much points. I think a lot of that is York kills clock. Not sure if they will be able to do that against UHS. I am excited for the game, for the players and for both communities because no matter what this is for the region title. Says no rain at this point but field should still be wet may play a factor.

On 9/26/2018 at 2:28 PM, HC116 said:

You certainly could be right, but IF York has a slow start like they did last week, it'll be over before they know it. Upperman could have had a trap game last week and they rolled 63-0, that says something about their squad. Also, don't forget Upperman has only given up 19 points and they've played Smith County, Cookeville, and Livingston. York hasn't faced an offense with anywhere near the firepower of UHS. 

Cumberland County a trap game? Did they field a whole new team??? Are you talking about the same Cumberland County that has gone 1-25 the last three years?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Cumberland County a trap game? Did they field a whole new team??? Are you talking about the same Cumberland County that has gone 1-25 the last three years?

Cumberland County is awful, no doubt about it. But UHS could have come out slow (like York did last week), and have it be around 21-0 or so at halftime. Instead they led 49-0 at halftime, which was larger than York's total margin of victory against the Jets. 

2 hours ago, HC116 said:

Cumberland County is awful, no doubt about it. But UHS could have come out slow (like York did last week), and have it be around 21-0 or so at halftime. Instead they led 49-0 at halftime, which was larger than York's total margin of victory against the Jets. 

York played Cumberland Co in their first game at CC. There is a big difference in playing your first game and on the road than playing a game halfway through the season. Upperman likes to run up the score. The year the Bees met Alcoa in the final they had been doing it all year. The Alcoa coach knew about that, knew several of our region coaches and handed them what was it, 72 points or something like that? Running up the score shows lack of sportsmanship. As for the Oneida game, York was playing a very good team. York made the adjustments and Oneida gained 20 total yards in the second half.

• Upvote 1

It doesn’t matter who beat Cumberland County by 63 or if someone beat them by 2.  This game will be one for the ages I think one these kids will be telling their kids about.  I’m not sure who the wet field helps or hurts.  I can see it causing both fits.   The most important person in the stadium tonight the ball boy!! Good luck to both teams and oh yeah GO DRAGONS!!!!! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, option76 said:

It doesn’t matter who beat Cumberland County by 63 or if someone beat them by 2.  This game will be one for the ages I think one these kids will be telling their kids about.  I’m not sure who the wet field helps or hurts.  I can see it causing both fits.   The most important person in the stadium tonight the ball boy!! Good luck to both teams and oh yeah GO DRAGONS!!!!! 

Sloppy field usually helps the wr, not the dB. The wr knows  the pattern and cuts he will make.  No rain in forecast,  but the field will be sloppy.