Ruminations on West Tennessee Classes 1-5

Amannamedhorse

Will Henry County run the table? I think so

Can Southside finish 10-0? Pretty sure

How about Dyersburg? Yup

What’s happened to Haywood? They were my preseason #1 in the West

Does anyone have a tougher schedule to close the regular season than Crockett County? Haywood, Covington, Dyersburg. That’s stout.

How about Covington? Undefeated regular season I would say

How about Milan? They got the athletes. Other than a game with Lexington I don’t see them losing again. I actually think Lex is all they got left that can compete with them. They gonna run the table, get hot in playoffs and meet Covington again in 3rd round where they will again get donkey stomped.

Whats happened to Union City? They will Probably still finish up in the 3rd round meeting Trenton where they will again get donkey stomped.

Can anybody on Trenton’s remaining schedule even score on them? I don’t think so

Can anyone left on Huntingdon’s schedule hold them under 60 points? Nah

Whats are your thoughts??!

17 minutes ago, Amannamedhorse said:

How about Dyersburg? Yup

Does anyone have a tougher schedule to close the regular season than Crockett County? Haywood, Covington, Dyersburg. That’s stout.

How about Milan? They got the athletes. Other than a game with Lexington I don’t see them losing again. I actually think Lex is all they got left that can compete with them. They gonna run the table, get hot in playoffs and meet Covington again in 3rd round where they will again get donkey stomped.

Whats happened to Union City? They will Probably still finish up in the 3rd round meeting Trenton where they will again get donkey stomped.

Can anybody on Trenton’s remaining schedule even score on them? I don’t think so

The GC guys are confidant and think they  can score. 

Tca possibly could if that speedster they have gets in some space. 

It would be pretty cool if we didnt allow another point though

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

The GC guys are confidant and think they  can score. 

Tca possibly could if that speedster they have gets in some space. 

It would be pretty cool if we didnt allow another point though

Agree it would be cool. Rooting for y’all this season to win it all and keep pitching shutouts before (hopefully) my Mustangs join y’all next year.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Amannamedhorse said:

Agree it would be cool. Rooting for y’all this season to win it all and keep pitching shutouts before (hopefully) my Mustangs join y’all next year.

Did y’all gain 20% in enrollment ?   What I’m understanding is that it has to be a 20% increase or decrease to change classification 

20 hours ago, Amannamedhorse said:

How about Dyersburg? Yup

Pretty good summation of what is going to happen the rest of the season if teams stay healthy. Huntington will roll, Cornersville has no idea what is trampling towards them. Southsides odds of going unbeaten is around 70% IMO. Dyersburg is like a JUCO program playing A HS schedule. Peabody has the talent of a 4A program playing a 2A schedule and will not be scored on, TCA's speedster is fast but Doesn't have the combined strength  to roll against stronger  teams, did nothing against USJ. Union City has had a very rough start but I have a feeling they will show out in the next few games.  Milan should roll the second half of the season. West Tn should be well represented come November!

23 hours ago, Amannamedhorse said:

How about Dyersburg? Yup

I don’t think Lexington can hang with Milan this year.

3 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Milan has a good team. Something is missing that they have had in the past and I can’t quite put my finger on it 

Defense. In the past on the really good Milan teams there was a defensive intensity that few opponents could deal with. They were tenacious and looked to punish opposing offenses with their physicality. Not so much anymore. 

18 hours ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

Pretty good summation of what is going to happen the rest of the season if teams stay healthy. Huntington will roll, Cornersville has no idea what is trampling towards them. Southsides odds of going unbeaten is around 70% IMO. Dyersburg is like a JUCO program playing A HS schedule. Peabody has the talent of a 4A program playing a 2A schedule and will not be scored on, TCA's speedster is fast but Doesn't have the combined strength  to roll against stronger  teams, did nothing against USJ. Union City has had a very rough start but I have a feeling they will show out in the next few games.  Milan should roll the second half of the season. West Tn should be well represented come November!

Believe me, Cornersville knows exactly what lies ahead. I am just not sure if Huntingdon knows what Cornersville  brings to the table. Cornersville will worry about Huntingdon when they are the next team on the schedule. Good luck the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Defense. In the past on the really good Milan teams there was a defensive intensity that few opponents could deal with. They were tenacious and looked to punish opposing offenses with their physicality. Not so much anymore. 

That's not it,they're just terrible.