Waverly @ Riverside

rednecktiger31

1 hour ago, rednecktiger31 said:

That #8 did some work on defense tonight! Riverside played a perfect game according to the refs and still lost by almost double their score....11 flags to 1. Way to keep your heads straight tigers. Panthers did surprise me with their early start, got some great potential, region 5 is gonna be in trouble come post season

That's my boy! Of course I taught him everything he knows.;)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, @38320 said:

Just got home from the game. My team lost the game and I lost the race home. Proud of the Panthers. Played Waverly a good game for 3 full quarters. Waverly had a few too many athletes for us. It's going to be cold in November having to go back to Waverly again. Got to meet #11 for Waverly after the game. He seems like a very nice young man. Hoping he goes on to the next level and does well. He sure can pass better than I've seen on the 2A 3A level. 

He is a very good young man. Class act, very respectable and intelligent. 

25 minutes ago, @38320 said:

Just got home from the game. My team lost the game and I lost the race home. Proud of the Panthers. Played Waverly a good game for 3 full quarters. Waverly had a few too many athletes for us. It's going to be cold in November having to go back to Waverly again. Got to meet #11 for Waverly after the game. He seems like a very nice young man. Hoping he goes on to the next level and does well. He sure can pass better than I've seen on the 2A 3A level. 

Hes a great person. Hard working and one of the most humble you'll ever meet. 

Riverside was definitely improved. I’d say that was the best Riverside team I’ve ever seen. I’ve  played against them/been watching them for almost 20 years. Riverside had good size and are well coached. Very impressed with them. 

As far as the game went I was like most Waverly fans... blown away we were down by 17 - 0 in the 1st quarter. Waverly started clicking on offense and scored 4 TDS quick! Defense got some good stops and a blocked punt in the first half. 

The 2nd half it was like a switch went on for Waverly’s defense. I was impressed how they were swarming to the ball and laying some big hits and making some big stops!

#37 Dixon went off! 3 Receiving TDS and a punt return for a TD! #11 Stanfield commanded the offense and threw some absolute bombs! Both guys are next level players! #45 Bradley did his thing when needed trucking folks and making folks miss! Heck of a back!

Good Luck to Riverside the rest of the season! Maybe we will meet again in the Semi Final. 

Congrats to the Tigers!

Edited by Trollin

17 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Riverside was definitely improved. I’d say that was the best Riverside team I’ve ever seen. I’ve  played against them/been watching them for almost 20 years. Riverside had good size and are well coached. Very impressed with them. 

As far as the game went I was like most Waverly fans... blown away we were down by 17 - 0 in the 1st quarter. Waverly started clicking on offense and scored 4 TDS quick! Defense got some good stops and a blocked punt in the first half. 

The 2nd half it was like a switch went on for Waverly’s defense. I was impressed how they were swarming to the ball and laying some big hits and making some big stops!

#37 JF Dixon went off! 3 Receiving TDS and a punt return for a TD! #11 Stanfield commanded the offense and threw some absolute bombs! Both guys are next level players! #45 Bradley did his thing when needed trucking folks and making folks miss! Heck of a back!

Good Luck to Riverside the rest of the season! Maybe we will meet again in the Semi Final. 

Congrats to the Tigers!

When Riverside came out and went up 17-0, I kept saying, "We're going to need a lot more when they get to clicking." I was referring to the Tiger's slow start over at Huntingdon, when ya'll got down 21 - 0 and then went toe to toe with them the rest of the way. I do think we shocked early on, but the gravity of having players like 11, 37, 45 and 10 among others really weighed on us in the second half. There were no fights, no extremely game-changing penalties, no major injuries on our side and hopefully none on the Waverly side. I just don't see Waverly losing anymore until deep, deep in the playoffs, and then maybe not. This is your best shot at a gold ball IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Trollin said:

#37 Dixon went off! 3 Receiving TDS and a punt return for a TD! #11 Stanfield commanded the offense and threw some absolute bombs! Both guys are next level players! #45 Bradley did his thing when needed trucking folks and making folks miss! Heck of a back!

Congrats to the Tigers!

Trollin I think the world of ya bud but I sure hope you was confused on that semifinal statement..