Waverly @ Riverside

rednecktiger31

Kinda "ODD" this being Waverlys first regional game and it is for 1st place seeding in the playoffs. I dont like it! The rest of R6 is pretty soft and both teams should win out after tonight. This game means everything. The winner of this game will get Home Field Advantage through the playoffs up till the semi. After that its either to Peabody,TCA, or Fairley. Hope both teams stay healthy after this game. 

Game Day! I’m with Vandy. No doubt in my mind Waverly scores 40-50+. I think tonight Waverly’s defense has a chance to make a statement to all the haters. We shall see if they show up and do just that. I believe they will and will hold PRS to 14pts or less. Waverly knows what this game means and the Tigers will deliver. 

16 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Game Day! I’m with Vandy. No doubt in my mind Waverly scores 40-50+. I think tonight Waverly’s defense has a chance to make a statement to all the haters. We shall see if they show up and do just that. I believe they will and will hold PRS to 14pts or less. Waverly knows what this game means and the Tigers will deliver. 

I have to totally agree Trollin,does anyone realize this is the first game Waverly plays that their opponent isn't scoring at will on everyone they play! We can poke prod and bluster all day but fact is Waverly has ran the gauntlet just like U.C !! A lot of you will have to eat your words about Waverly!!! Pride is rarely wrong friends"hide n watch"

I haven't heard any talk about waverly being down. Everyone n the football world knows they have played stiff competition n that they are a very good team. I've said a couple times on here rhs opponents hasn't been that good this year. But also the effort is there every game. I think that comeback win was great for them last week. They overcame a lot of adversity early on n that helps w their character. Call me crazy but I think this will b a tight game. Don't think the wet field will b an issue other than I won't b able to wear my flip flops on the sidelines. Just hope for safe travels, safe play, good conduct, and a good game 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

I haven't heard any talk about waverly being down. Everyone n the football world knows they have played stiff competition n that they are a very good team. I've said a couple times on here rhs opponents hasn't been that good this year. But also the effort is there every game. I think that comeback win was great for them last week. They overcame a lot of adversity early on n that helps w their character. Call me crazy but I think this will b a tight game. Don't think the wet field will b an issue other than I won't b able to wear my flip flops on the sidelines. Just hope for safe travels, safe play, good conduct, and a good game 

Ok , your crazy,lol doing as you asked,Wavely get constant ribbing for the defense!!

30 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Ok , your crazy,lol doing as you asked,Wavely get constant ribbing for the defense!!

Yeah they do receive a lot of jibes about their defense n how that will affect them getting a gold ball but that offense is a great equalizer. And everyone knows it. Riverside offense hasn't been consistent but are getting there. Not like waverly is a slouch on D just played a few really really good teams. Banking on the panthers to take it up a notch n who knows. I would say 38-28 rhs but I fear the backlash of the tiger faithful n such a bold prediction. A very proud fan base 

6 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Yeah they do receive a lot of jibes about their defense n how that will affect them getting a gold ball but that offense is a great equalizer. And everyone knows it. Riverside offense hasn't been consistent but are getting there. Not like waverly is a slouch on D just played a few really really good teams. Banking on the panthers to take it up a notch n who knows. I would say 38-28 rhs but I fear the backlash of the tiger faithful n such a bold prediction. A very proud fan base 

Well written sir

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, @38320 said:

The game of the week, in my book. The pressure is on Waverly - not Riverside. Even the Jackson Sun picked against the Panthers earlier this week. 

No pressure here bud and you know why? Cause a lot has been saying waverly is a one and done team. Waverly has not got any pressure on them. They are going to come out a set the tone right off the rip. I hope Riverside gets the ball first. You Riverside fans are going to be in for a treat :shock:! A very smooth, very fast, and a very hard hitting team will be playing the Panthers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

If waverly would have played the same kids and the same style defense in their 2nd and 3rd game like they did against Davidson Academy they would only have 1 loss. But it is what it is!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

NEVER FEAR ANYBODIES BACKLASH!!! SUPPORT YOUR TEAM WITH PRIDE WHO CARES WHAT OTHERS THINK!!

Edited by vandyfan1
  • Like 1

All Waverly has heard is about Parsons defense . Not taking anything away from them but Parsons really haven't played anyone . I know there not better than Huntington or DA . Parson will see a Waverly  team tonight that is already battle tested this early in the season.  I can't wait for this to start tonight jus so yall.see what we r talking about .