Waverly @ Riverside

rednecktiger31

1 minute ago, sum1uno said:

Wet field could slow down Waverly to a point. I don’t think it will be enough but could be closer than most think especially with some costly turnovers. Waverly by 21

Waverly put up 77 last yr in the pouring rain. Now we all know waverly isnt going to score 77 but when a team has to play in a wet muddy field so does the other team. I see no advantage here for either just because of a wet field.

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

Waverly put up 77 last yr in the pouring rain. Now we all know waverly isnt going to score 77 but when a team has to play in a wet muddy field so does the other team. I see no advantage here for either just because of a wet field.

After reading this I reconsidered  my pick. I now say Waverly by 22 :D

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Everyone comments about wet fields and the effect on a passing offense...I am a little different in my thinking than most, but I could see where a wet field would affect the defense more than the offense. Receivers know where they are going, and the DB's have to react to the routes run, not to mention the pass rush having poor footing. As long as the ball isn't muddy, a wet ball isn't much more difficult to catch than a dry one either. As Roy Dillard would say...if someone can keep McConnell's balls dry, it might help his boys beat that Frost mans team if it's muddy...you think im joking but im not.