District 8AA

pantherrules

From Friday's action, Macon with a win over Cannon, Watertown over Dekalb, Livingston over Smith, and Upperman over York. Thoughts on how those games went? Only surprise is Macon over Cannon.

Tonight?

Dekalb vs Cannon

Livingston vs Macon

York vs Smith

Watertown vs Upperman

Looks like Upperman will be 1st, York/Watertown 2nd and 3rd, 4th-7th a toss up, with Smith being 8th.

What has happened to my DeKalb Co Tigers. We have gotten worse. What are everyone's thoughts or opinions.  I've run out of answers or hate to comment how bad things are. Go to Macon Co tonight,  just hope for a little luck. 

Sanders is working on 12 wins in 2 years, I guess I thought we would be a little more successful.  Hopefully things can turn around come tournament time. 

LA is definitely playing good basketball at the right time. Cannon, Watertown and LA battling for 3rd-5th. 

Macon and DeKalb for 6-7th . Smith Co is last,  they are awful.

York a strong 2nd and seems like nobody can beat Upperman.  

2 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

What has happened to my DeKalb Co Tigers. We have gotten worse. What are everyone's thoughts or opinions.  I've run out of answers or hate to comment how bad things are. Go to Macon Co tonight,  just hope for a little luck. 

Sanders is working on 12 wins in 2 years, I guess I thought we would be a little more successful.  Hopefully things can turn around come tournament time. 

LA is definitely playing good basketball at the right time. Cannon, Watertown and LA battling for 3rd-5th. 

Macon and DeKalb for 6-7th . Smith Co is last,  they are awful.

York a strong 2nd and seems like nobody can beat Upperman.  

DC has 2 Sr that start and 2 Js.  The rest are soph and freshmen.  They struggle to score at times. They've been is some games...CC and Watertown at home, Played Cookville tough the 2nd time,  Not making excuses, but sickness and injuries have hurt them some too. If you set back and think about where they are right now, I think they have won every game they SHOULD have and maybe 1 they shouldn't have (LA). They wouldn't have been favored in any of the games they lost,  I don't think the schedule did them any favors either, Cookville 2X - White Co.2X - and Lebanon and RBS (this year). DC don't have a pure scorer or a player that can take over a game. If someone gets hot, he gets shut down and well.....here we are.

But I may be wrong on all accounts.

14 hours ago, Moonshiner said:

DC has 2 Sr that start and 2 Js.  The rest are soph and freshmen.  They struggle to score at times. They've been is some games...CC and Watertown at home, Played Cookville tough the 2nd time,  Not making excuses, but sickness and injuries have hurt them some too. If you set back and think about where they are right now, I think they have won every game they SHOULD have and maybe 1 they shouldn't have (LA). They wouldn't have been favored in any of the games they lost,  I don't think the schedule did them any favors either, Cookville 2X - White Co.2X - and Lebanon and RBS (this year). DC don't have a pure scorer or a player that can take over a game. If someone gets hot, he gets shut down and well.....here we are.

But I may be wrong on all accounts.

Moonshiner I would have definitely agreed with that early on. That don't fly in the 2nd half of the season. Things need to be changed. That's for sure. Only time will tell. One district game remaining vs the very bad Smith Co . Father/Son should be fun. Put a Beatdown on them in Jan. End the season on a positive note. Just my 2 cents. 

2 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

Moonshiner I would have definitely agreed with that early on. That don't fly in the 2nd half of the season. Things need to be changed. That's for sure. Only time will tell. One district game remaining vs the very bad Smith Co . Father/Son should be fun. Put a Beatdown on them in Jan. End the season on a positive note. Just my 2 cents. 

If you saw the game last night, you kinda see what I'm talking about.

So, the 2nd half of the season.....the "don't fly" part, Tell me your thoughts. Which team or teams should DC  have beat?  Where was it DC had more talented, or had even talent?  Look at the starters for DC and look at the starters for the other teams. How many of DC would start for ...say Watertown? How may of Watertown;s could start for DC?  Or CC or LA.  Not putting DC kids down, I think for the most part they play hard, but sometimes it is what it is,   

Like you, that's my 0.02 worth

Edited by Moonshiner

8 hours ago, Moonshiner said:

If you saw the game last night, you kinda see what I'm talking about.

So, the 2nd half of the season.....the "don't fly" part, Tell me your thoughts. Which team or teams should DC  have beat?  Where was it DC had more talented, or had even talent?  Look at the starters for DC and look at the starters for the other teams. How many of DC would start for ...say Watertown? How may of Watertown;s could start for DC?  Or CC or LA.  Not putting DC kids down, I think for the most part they play hard, but sometimes it is what it is,   

Like you, that's my 0.02 worth

Besides Upperman and York, the district is relatively weak. Cannon, Watertown and LA have some of the weakest teams they have ever had. Not worth arguing.  DeKalb should be better than they are, that's 100% true. Have underachieved tremendously.  6 wins are you kidding me. At least 12 wins would have been sufficient.  Maybe Sanders and Fish should figure out the scheduling part a little better. Can't figure out why the 2 Bigs don't play more together. Just my 2 cents. No doubt we spank Smith Co tomorrow night. Good luck Tigers and roll on. 

1 hour ago, Iceman2000 said:

Besides Upperman and York, the district is relatively weak. Cannon, Watertown and LA have some of the weakest teams they have ever had. Not worth arguing.  DeKalb should be better than they are, that's 100% true. Have underachieved tremendously.  6 wins are you kidding me. At least 12 wins would have been sufficient.  Maybe Sanders and Fish should figure out the scheduling part a little better. Can't figure out why the 2 Bigs don't play more together. Just my 2 cents. No doubt we spank Smith Co tomorrow night. Good luck Tigers and roll on. 

If CC, Watertown and LA are weak, then Dekalb must be downright awful. 

14 hours ago, 8AAalltheway said:

If CC, Watertown and LA are weak, then Dekalb must be downright awful. 

8AA, those teams are nowhere near what they have been. Watertown lost a ton of players, good coaching job there. Cannon Senior heavy, nice 1st year job. LA, always a 2nf half team. Coach has done a good job with a lot of athletes. Sells is very good, but these 3 teams are not what they have been. We should be better than our record. That's my 2 cents.  

5 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

8AA, those teams are nowhere near what they have been. Watertown lost a ton of players, good coaching job there. Cannon Senior heavy, nice 1st year job. LA, always a 2nf half team. Coach has done a good job with a lot of athletes. Sells is very good, but these 3 teams are not what they have been. We should be better than our record. That's my 2 cents.  

There is no question that DCHS has underperformed the past couple of years. The sad part is the administration does not care. Dekalb County has never fired a coach for performance in the past 30 years. I am quoting that from conversations with administrators and the decision makers. Apparently that is a badge of honor in our county. If that is the stance leadership is going to take then what can kids or our county ever really hope for? I love the people of our community but this type of thinking holds back progress. Losing (and everything that it mentally and emotionally brings with it) has become ok in Dekalb and that is sad.

4 hours ago, DCRealist said:

There is no question that DCHS has underperformed the past couple of years. The sad part is the administration does not care. Dekalb County has never fired a coach for performance in the past 30 years. I am quoting that from conversations with administrators and the decision makers. Apparently that is a badge of honor in our county. If that is the stance leadership is going to take then what can kids or our county ever really hope for? I love the people of our community but this type of thinking holds back progress. Losing (and everything that it mentally and emotionally brings with it) has become ok in Dekalb and that is sad.

Sounds like you should be the Coach

On 2/12/2020 at 7:54 PM, Iceman2000 said:

No doubt    Um I heard someone got spanked never count your chickens before they hatch  Smith Co was up 30