District 8AA

pantherrules

On 2/21/2020 at 3:00 PM, Moonshiner said:

The better question is how many did White and Cook average?  All those named started at some point or played many minutes this year.  Jenkins and Jones are Jrs.   Young, Antonic and Hale are soph.  Ramos is a freshman. There may be 2-3 freshmen that step up a little next year and give some quality minutes.  Ramos got ton better as the season went along and played great for a freshman. The rest --Young-Jenkins, Hale and Antoniac were JV most of the year last year. I saw 3/4 JV games at the start of last year last year, If you did, you see how far they have come.  Improvement in every aspect of the game is the goal of any coach, or should be.  In my opinion there was improvement in Jones, Jenkins, Young, Hale,  Antonica, and Ramos. 

I can agree with you about improvement, my question is contribution.  Do you see those contributing at a high enough level to compete with the best teams of the district? When I say contribute I'm no doubt referring to consistent contribution. Hopefully so.

On another note what are the odds, of 8aa sweeping first round? Won't pretend to know anything about the other district.

Edited by fritos4dayss

7 hours ago, fritos4dayss said:

On another note what are the odds, of 8aa sweeping first round? Won't pretend to know anything about the other district.

Haven't seen many 7AA games, however, Tyner and Howard beat (#1 seed)Grundy: 86-58 and 81-46 respectively this season. Just an observation of level of competition. It's possible that 8AA may sweep.

19 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Haven't seen many 7AA games, however, Tyner and Howard beat (#1 seed)Grundy: 86-58 and 81-46 respectively this season. Just an observation of level of competition. It's possible that 8AA may sweep.

I doubt Grundy can beat our 4 seed but playing on their home floor I give them a shot. If by chance that were to happen the dream ends when they face York. 

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 11:39 AM, fritos4dayss said:

I can agree with you about improvement, my question is contribution.  Do you see those contributing at a high enough level to compete with the best teams of the district? When I say contribute I'm no doubt referring to consistent contribution. Hopefully so.

They can. Jones plays hard, he just needs to learn to play with more control. Jenkins and Antonic need to work on their shot and get more consistent. Same with Young, work on shot and some on ball control and passing. Hale needs to really work on passing and attitude, he is up and down. Ramos just needs to kee working and get experience. Young guys will need to step up-Brown-Agee-and big kid with injured knee. I don't know but I hear that there 1-2 coming from Jr. high with potential. I also like that the assistant coach has the JV team playing a lot of games. I haven't seen many but folks I talk too say he does a good job. I think it pays off down the road 

21 hours ago, Moonshiner said:

They can. Jones plays hard, he just needs to learn to play with more control. Jenkins and Antonic need to work on their shot and get more consistent. Same with Young, work on shot and some on ball control and passing. Hale needs to really work on passing and attitude, he is up and down. Ramos just needs to kee working and get experience. Young guys will need to step up-Brown-Agee-and big kid with injured knee. I don't know but I hear that there 1-2 coming from Jr. high with potential. I also like that the assistant coach has the JV team playing a lot of games. I haven't seen many but folks I talk too say he does a good job. I think it pays off down the road 

Moonshiner do you have a kid that plays. Some of or most of your assessments are way off.