District 8AA

pantherrules

6 hours ago, Dexter10 said:

No doubt    Um I heard someone got spanked never count your chickens before they hatch  Smith Co was up 

I still disagree with Iceman. CC, Watertown and LA all have pretty good teams. It's just that York and especially Upperman have exceptionally good teams this season. Now if you say Smith and Dekalb are weak, then I will agree. 

On 2/12/2020 at 7:54 PM, Iceman2000 said:

Besides Upperman and York, the district is relatively weak. Cannon, Watertown and LA have some of the weakest teams they have ever had. Not worth arguing.  DeKalb should be better than they are, that's 100% true. Have underachieved tremendously.  6 wins are you kidding me. At least 12 wins would have been sufficient.  Maybe Sanders and Fish should figure out the scheduling part a little better. Can't figure out why the 2 Bigs don't play more together. Just my 2 cents. No doubt we spank Smith Co tomorrow night. Good luck Tigers and roll on. 

No doubt????  I wouldn't give a tarnished penny for a a years worth of your 2 cents, from football season to now. The fact is DC isn't very good, soft, and would rather talk the talk but not walk the walk.  The only thing that matters is the score board @ the end of the game.  More interested in talking to other players after a bucket than the score, which is why they get drilled.  Upperman game at home you would have thought they won by the reaction in the gym, it was a 30 point L.   2 Bigs???? Last I recalled you had to score in the paint consistently to get that compliment.  In the games i have watched they have one scorer(shooter) and if hes not on they have 0.  Any contact you can go ahead and pack it up, who knows what the future holds but right now their record is a pretty close resemblance.   

1 hour ago, tigerfan0020 said:

District tournament brackets and all-district teams are out, anyone seen or heard?

For Upperman, Rush is 8AA MVP and Defensive POY, Gore is 1st Team, Allen is 2nd Team, Babic and McWilliams 3rd Team, McCallister Defensive Team, Nash is on the Freshman Team, and McWilliams Co-Coach of the year.  Haven't seen the others or the bracket yet.  Did hear that the first two rounds of the tournament will be at Watertown before moving to Tech.

I think I saw a post on Facebook from Macon County High School with the district tournament bracket for both boys and girls. 

I know that the Herald Citizen posted on FB this: District 8 2A hoop tourney..Upperman girls, boys earn bye through to semifinals. Lady Bees will play 2/21 9 p.m...Bees will play 2/22 at 7:30..Each game at Tech.....Girls final on 2/24, boys final on 2/25. 

Edited by tngisgeek

Last night was some good games. Seen Dekalb send Macon home. Dekalb got up big but Macon made a push at the end but just could not do enough. I believe that Macon has not made it out of the district the last two years. Good win for Dekalb and now they move on to play Cannon on Thursday. Also seen Smith Co get up on Livingston by 20+ at one point. Livingston tried to make a comeback but not enough to get the job done. Smith play good and opened some eyes last night. They move on to play Watertown on Thursday.  Thursday nights action will have Dekalb vs Cannon and Smith vs Watertown, thoughts??

Edited by tigerfan0020

3 hours ago, tigerfan0020 said:

Last night was some good games. Seen Dekalb send Macon home. Dekalb got up big but Macon made a push at the end but just could not do enough. I believe that Macon has not made it out of the district the last two years. Good win for Dekalb and now they move on to play Cannon on Thursday. Also seen Smith Co get up on Livingston by 20+ at one point. Livingston tried to make a comeback but not enough to get the job done. Smith play good and opened some eyes last night. They move on to play Watertown on Thursday.  Thursday nights action will have Dekalb vs Cannon and Smith vs Watertown, thoughts??

I wasn't at the game, how did Dekalb win so convincingly? I feel like most of us had written off Dekalb 

45 minutes ago, fritos4dayss said:

I believe the freshman had 23, one of the posts had 12 and the other maybe 8, id say that's more offensive contribution than they have gotten down low this year.  Haven't seen Macon play but DeKalb will need to have that same presence in the paint to move along.  

The key against CC is guard play. CC is longer and as quick or quicker than DC at guard. Makes it harder to shoot or work the ball inside.

Ramos had the best game he's had all year shooting and playing defense. The bigs worked hard last night, but I think defense won that one. Not as many turnovers and causing turnovers. To me, Antoniac and Jenkins makes a huge difference when on the floor, especially on defense. The last 2-3 game either 1 or both were out ( injuries/sick ?)  

3 hours ago, Moonshiner said:

The key against CC is guard play. CC is longer and as quick or quicker than DC at guard. Makes it harder to shoot or work the ball inside.

Ramos had the best game he's had all year shooting and playing defense. The bigs worked hard last night, but I think defense won that one. Not as many turnovers and causing turnovers. To me, Antoniac and Jenkins makes a huge difference when on the floor, especially on defense. The last 2-3 game either 1 or both were out ( injuries/sick ?)  

DC will struggle against the length of the Cannon guards. Davenport can shoot and Bush can get to the rim as well as anyone. Jones and Cook will have to play well and stay out of foul trouble if DC is going to win