Bearden vs. Dobyns-Bennett

matchesmalone2

8 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

SH came close to beating Farragut,so it's still a wide open region  if DB can win out from this point.Really,in the Whole East it's Maryville and everyone else like most years.It's just when do you want your shot at them is what teams are playing for.Next week is huge,I mean HUGE for DB.

For those Negative Nellie's amongst us who doubt the veracity of Batman's statement, check this out from Coach Christian:

“Our goals are still in front of us,” Christian said. “If we beat Farragut next week and Farragut beats Bearden, we would be the conference leader again. That’s how we’ve got to approach it from here on out. It’s a tough loss, but we’ve got resilient kids and I believe they will work and get better.”

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2018/09/28/Bearden-scores-with-eight-seconds-left-to-beat-D-B.html?ci=stream&lp=6&p=

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

For those Negative Nellie's amongst us who doubt the veracity of Batman's statement, check this out from Coach Christian:

“Our goals are still in front of us,” Christian said. “If we beat Farragut next week and Farragut beats Bearden, we would be the conference leader again. That’s how we’ve got to approach it from here on out. It’s a tough loss, but we’ve got resilient kids and I believe they will work and get better.”

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2018/09/28/Bearden-scores-with-eight-seconds-left-to-beat-D-B.html?ci=stream&lp=6&p=

It's the same hamburger every day for the rest of our lives.

1 hour ago, IndianNation01 said:

First half bull dogs ran the ball and you seen the score at halftime. Second half they threw the ball and you saw the ending result. It’s the secondary, and you can’t wait till the last drive in the game to try and fix it or stop it! Every game they pick on our secondary and prettty much the same player! 

It's not the "player" or the "players". There has never been a coach at DB that has the slightest clue on how to coach defensive backs. Not in the past 30 years anyway. Most people at games tend to follow the ball with their eyes and don't notice receivers that much unless the ball is thrown their way. Next game you go to watch the receivers for the opposing team and notice how open they are on practically every play. Very poorly coached position at DB. I've been pointing this out for at least 10 years now, as has many others. You go to a game and everybody around you within earshot is complaining about the same thing. You listen to the game on the radio and even the bias homers are saying "we really need to do a better job of covering receivers down field". Yet when a coach is interviewed after his secondary has been absolutely torched and loses the game he never even hints that maybe they have a problem in that area. I honestly believe that not a single coach on that staff has ever noticed how bad the secondary is and has been for 30 years. They remind me of a fat ugly girl that thinks she's hot. (I apologize to all the fat ugly girls)

Edited by WaCoJaCo

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It's not the "player" or the "players". There has never been a coach at DB that has the slightest clue on how to coach defensive backs. Not in the past 30 years anyway. Most people at games tend to follow the ball with their eyes and don't notice receivers that much unless the ball is thrown their way. Next game you go to watch the receivers for the opposing team and notice how open they are on practically every play. Very poorly coached position at DB. I've been pointing this out for at least 10 years now, as has many others. You go to a game and everybody around you within earshot is complaining about the same thing. You listen to the game on the radio and even the bias homers are saying "we really need to do a better job of covering receivers down field". Yet when a coach is interviewed after his secondary has been absolutely torched and loses the game he never even hints that maybe they have a problem in that area. I honestly believe that not a single coach on that staff has ever noticed how bad the secondary is and has been for 30 years. They remind me of a fat ugly girl that thinks she's hot. (I apologize to all the fat ugly girls)

I agree with you 100 percent, it’s a fact! Although, what I said still stands  correct too. Every single game since the first,  we’ve gotten attacked on the same side of the ball over and over! If our corners switch,  they switch their throwing game.  The coaches try and adjust and it works (for the most part) but why let 14-21  points get scored before you try and adjust? 

I agree though, it boils down to coaching.

51 minutes ago, IndianNation01 said:

I agree with you 100 percent, it’s a fact! Although, what I said still stands  correct too. Every single game since the first,  we’ve gotten attacked on the same side of the ball over and over! If our corners switch,  they switch their throwing game.  The coaches try and adjust and it works (for the most part) but why let 14-21  points get scored before you try and adjust? 

51 minutes ago, IndianNation01 said:

I've heard all sides of this story for years.We don't have the athletes from a few coaches and fans to we don't have the coaches from a few fans, athletes and also some coaches.Then there is little Johnny gets to play because of his parents.All I know besides what I've said for years in the S and C program is DB will have to win with what they have.They have a very good running game that takes up a lot of clock and keeps the defensive players on the sidelines.The SH and Alcoa game plans from start to finish without mistakes.

17 hours ago, blazer1set said:

DB 24   Bearden  7    in the 3rd quarter....    Bearden wins 33-30.    Somebody explain how that is possible???

On another note, you have to get the ball in the hands of your play makers! Each game it may be someone different stepping up. Last night 88 and 4 was them and they just wouldn’t continue putting the ball in their hands.