Bearden vs. Dobyns-Bennett

matchesmalone2

1 hour ago, toppernationfan said:

Region 1 top 4-5 teams could win or loose against each other on any given night. Farragut, Bearden, SHHS & DB very closely matched. I have not seen Hardin Valley yet.

I haven't seen Hardin Valley but having seen the other 4 I do think both Farragut and Bearden are better overall teams than SH and DB. Farragut is the best overall of the bunch. They're a very balanced team. SH and DB both have weak defenses, especially in the secondary. And neither team has much of a passing game at all.

Edited by WBNC83

10 hours ago, IndianNation01 said:

First half bull dogs ran the ball and you seen the score at halftime. Second half they threw the ball and you saw the ending result. It’s the secondary, and you can’t wait till the last drive in the game to try and fix it or stop it! Every game they pick on our secondary and prettty much the same player! 

The other side of the coin is that in the first half, DB threw the ball, and mixed it up.  5 for 5 on the first drive alone.  In the second half, they threw it almost none.   A few more first downs and the bulldogs get less opportunities.  Scared and conservative.   A tale of two halves on BOTH offense and defense for the tribe.

1 hour ago, johndeere said:

The other side of the coin is that in the first half, DB threw the ball, and mixed it up.  5 for 5 on the first drive alone.  In the second half, they threw it almost none.   A few more first downs and the bulldogs get less opportunities.  Scared and conservative.   A tale of two halves on BOTH offense and defense for the tribe.

It's very rare that DB has a good second half. Its been that way for years. Partly because the play calling always goes conservative and partly because the team is weak and not as well conditioned as most other teams are. Does anybody else think Clark is still involved in the game plan and play calling or is it just me?

11 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It's very rare that DB has a good second half. Its been that way for years. Partly because the play calling always goes conservative and partly because the team is weak and not as well conditioned as most other teams are. Does anybody else think Clark is still involved in the game plan and play calling or is it just me?

I am told that the play calling is all from the OC, who has never been an OC before.  He was Oline coach in his last job, and is RB coach at DB in addition to OC.   Although he would prob like to be, I don't think GC is involved.   What you see is a product of lack of experience, lack of knowledge of what the offensive players did last year, fear, and the same secondary coaches.   I don't see it changing much...

Watching the Tennessee game yesterday and when they we're down 3 scores and at about midfield  in the second half.I thought it was chicken shet to punt at that point.I don't care how the homers explained it after the game,it wasn't the way you win a ball game.Those guys make a hail of a lot more then our local high school coaches and they are not perfect either.Anyone see that stupid last play call for Penn State last night? Or that Seattle pass in the Superbowl at the end a few years ago.It happens at all levels.

14 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The team is conditioned but no depth. No, Clark has nothing to do with the play calling. That’s all new OC.

The Tribe needs to put the hammer to a very solid Farragut team this week.
What is it going to take to make that happen, you might ask....    Well how about last year, a 7-0 Farragut team rolled into Kingsport and left with a  42-34 spanking.     We will wait until the official thread gets started to get into the x's and o's of how this one will turn out.