Whitwell Tigers @ TC Jackets

TigerfootballFan

6 minutes ago, football6 said:

This not about # 6 what about 5 and 4 they can be part the offense too. The offense they ran last night will not work in the playoffs.

5 is a fullback that filled in at qb.  He hasn’t been a run threat all year and that’s why 6 played at qb wasn’t it against est Robertson? . Kids said he got dinged before half. 4 is not better than 21... 6 is only other person that can make a difference. 

I would like to see 8 and 6 in backfield together. 

Remember when u played? Coach playing u at TB and QB.... it was all 6 show then 

Edited by Jacketsalumn02

3 minutes ago, football6 said:

Gotta make some kind of adjustments we a better team than this.

They did at half time. Came out and drive in 70 something yards for score. They dang went spread second series and had to punt. Same thing worked against Whitwell that did against Watertown. Running right at them. I would put 8 at tailback like they did last year against Watertown when he had 200 something yards ... can 6 throw ball any?

Edited by Jacketsalumn02

18 minutes ago, football6 said:

The way it look only one that can throw is number 5 why not leave him at qb and put 8 at tb he could run up the middle and # 6 is not at qb he can play slot and maybe some tb i just want to win we too talented to lose like these

#5 throw? You are crazy. That’s what we been saying in stands last 4 weeks. #5 threw ball in dirt and was too slow to run at qb. 5 is a fullback that is big and slow. I can see putting 6 at TB some. The problem of running double wings is 6 and 8 will have to block when not running ball and I’m not sure how good they are at that. Throwing the ball is not the answer. I remember going games without even throwing a pass. Biggest difference last night is the skill guys could from Whitwell could run and they were not giving up big plays. You need 5 at fb to block. He was Doinv a good job blocking last night

1 hour ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

RTD were you at Watertown game. What worked against Watertown was basically what TC ran last night. Against Watertown it was out of the I and running right at them.  Last night TC had more yards than the Watertown game but didn’t score in red zone. They got in I last night but 21 is too small. Against teams with speed that can match TC they are better running right at people but they need to maybe work 6 at rb and work some quick passes. 

I haven't missed a game in 5 years home or away I get what you're saying 21 had a hard time against Watertown and Lebanon but last night he had 91 yards I agree with you #6 needs more touches also 7,5 and 4 when the other team has 8 in the box you have to pass some just to make the other team respect the passing game I just don't think #8 has to be the whole offense this year 

25 minutes ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

#5 throw? You are crazy. That’s what we been saying in stands last 4 weeks. #5 threw ball in dirt and was too slow to run at qb. 5 is a fullback that is big and slow. I can see putting 6 at TB some. The problem of running double wings is 6 and 8 will have to block when not running ball and I’m not sure how good they are at that. Throwing the ball is not the answer. I remember going games without even throwing a pass. Biggest difference last night is the skill guys could from Whitwell could run and they were not giving up big plays. You need 5 at fb to block. He was Doinv a good job blocking last night

Like it or not 5 has a better touch throwing the ball he will be starting QB next year he can run just not a speed guy he is a 245-pound kid that runs with the power he is more Tim Tebow type of running style they could always mix and match to fit what they need I agree should have gone to the I like last year against Watertown and put 5 at QB and 30 at FB end rotate 8,6,21,4 at the TB position and run the ball 

I am going to make a reverse prediction. TC would have won the game last night if Jim B, Clint, or Creasy had been coaching. The Creekbank reputation for being known as a place that is hard for an opposing team to win, was not created because the football field is next to a creekbank. That reputation was earned by coaches who knew how to coach and players who responded to their coaches and their heritage, and players who played hard to win even though the opposing team might have been bigger and better. We have a history of playing against bigger schools with bigger rosters and  bigger players. We also have a history of beating other teams no matter how big the schools and the players were. We voluntarily played at the 3A classification level when our enrollment did not justify it. 

Three teams have come to the creekbank this year and won. That wouldn't have happened several years ago. Is the awe and respect of the creekbank gone? I hope we don't lose our heritage and respect because mediocrity becomes acceptable. Unfortunately, I think that is the way we are headed. We need to stop this trend.

I think we still have good players who want to win, play hard, and deserve to win. Therefore, I don't think it is our players' fault for the games we have lost this year. I will leave it to reader to speculate on why we have lost some big games on the creekbank this year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, oldfootballplayer said:

I am going to make a reverse prediction. TC would have won the game last night if Jim B, Clint, or Creasy had been coaching. The Creekbank reputation for being known as a place that is hard for an opposing team to win, was not created because the football field is next to a creekbank. That reputation was earned by coaches who knew how to coach and players who responded to their coaches and their heritage, and players who played hard to win even though the opposing team might have been bigger and better. We have a history of playing against bigger schools with bigger rosters and  bigger players. We also have a history of beating other teams no matter how big the schools and the players were. We voluntarily played at the 3A classification level when our enrollment did not justify it. 

Three teams have come to the creekbank this year and won. That wouldn't have happened several years ago. Is the awe and respect of the creekbank gone? I hope we don't lose our heritage and respect because mediocrity becomes acceptable. Unfortunately, I think that is the way we are headed. We need to stop this trend.

I think we still have good players who want to win, play hard, and deserve to win. Therefore, I don't think it is our players' fault for the games we have lost this year. I will leave it to reader to speculate on why we have lost some big games on the creekbank this year. 

You can see alot down on the sidelines just by watching the facial expressions of those patrolling the sidelines. I'm not just talking about the coaching staff and players.

2 hours ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

They did at half time. Came out and drive in 70 something yards for score. They dang went spread second series and had to punt. Same thing worked against Whitwell that did against Watertown. Running right at them. I would put 8 at tailback like they did last year against Watertown when he had 200 something yards ... can 6 throw ball any?

I heard Whitwell's coaches talking about this as well.

15 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

You can see alot down on the sidelines just by watching the facial expressions of those patrolling the sidelines. I'm not just talking about the coaching staff and players.

I was on the sidelines/next to fence for the Lebanon, Watertown, and Whitwell games, and what I am hearing is not good.