Powell at West : Who you got?

HSFBGuru

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

If I were Karns I would have blowed that whistle.  I do feel bad for the kids on the Powell team that are from Powell, but I don't feel bad at all for the adults involved, they knew better.  

Should be a great game tonight.   No love loss between these two programs to begin with, add in the craziness that has been this week and playoff spots still on the line.  

I’m not missing this one!

5 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Makes sense that one of the likely 5th place contenders would blow the whistle at this point in the season - betting they knew about this since game 1.  Kid was supposed to play at Karns, so that seems a likely motivation.  HC and AD really botched this one - especially if the kid is talented and a stand out.  Bottom line is that Powell was in violation and should be held culpable... but the timing and specific punishment of this stinks for the Powell kids! 

Is there a scenario that gets Powell into post-season at this point?  Must wins against West and OR... but is that enough?

What makes you think the player was supposed to play at Karns. What HC / AD do you say botched this. Do you not watch the high school games on Thursday. Do you keep up on the T. Timing is everything. Powell CML, and all the other coach's and AD know how TSSAA works, punishment and all.

5 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

What makes you think the player was supposed to play at Karns. What HC / AD do you say botched this. Do you not watch the high school games on Thursday. Do you keep up on the T. Timing is everything. Powell CML, and all the other coach's and AD know how TSSAA works, punishment and all.

On the T and in news feeds there was mention of a player that moved into Karns zone but applied to attend school at Powell - was my understanding that was the player in question.  I say that the HC and AD at Powell botched this - seems the T$$AA would agree.

I sometimes watch PackerVision on Thurs day but didn't really see the point last night.  A date night with my lovely bride seemed more attractive! :thumb:

Again... my point here was that "whoever" blew the whistle appeared to wait until late enough in the season to be both painful and potentially (depending on who it was) favorable to their team's ultimate playoff standing.  It was mere speculation on my part and friendly banter.  The Powell adults are being held responsible (as it should be) but those Powell kids that busted their butts to win 6 of 7 games so far are the one's truly paying the price.  And I say that is a shame!

FYI - I did read somewhere AFTER my post this morning that Jesse at 5 stars apparently said it wasn't Karns.  

3 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

On the T and in news feeds there was mention of a player that moved into Karns zone but applied to attend school at Powell - was my understanding that was the player in question.  I say that the HC and AD at Powell botched this - seems the T$$AA would agree.

I sometimes watch PackerVision on Thurs day but didn't really see the point last night.  A date night with my lovely bride seemed more attractive! :thumb:

Again... my point here was that "whoever" blew the whistle appeared to wait until late enough in the season to be both painful and potentially (depending on who it was) favorable to their team's ultimate playoff standing.  It was mere speculation on my part and friendly banter.  The Powell adults are being held responsible (as it should be) but those Powell kids that busted their butts to win 6 of 7 games so far are the one's truly paying the price.  And I say that is a shame!

FYI - I did read somewhere AFTER my post this morning that Jesse at 5 stars apparently said it wasn't Karns.  

To really figure this out you have to look at where the player started playing high school football. Then consider this, if this player lived in the Karns zone how did he get to school. Who did he play in front of on the Powell team. Some other player got knocked out of some pt. Maybe word gets out he is OOZ. Parents call TSSAA? Plus do you think high school coaches go out and check on players that are supposed to be attending their school. If they did and Knox County wanted to turn against it's self.  There would be do much work for Jessie he would not be able to post stats, human interested stories, or any recruiting info.

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Why and what difference does it make if it was. I hope karma does not visit you and you Rebels, l think, maybe.

What karma is that. Karma for what? We have people trying to compare completely unrelated topics. The TSSAA has transfer policies. They have the policies, because they allow it. What they don’t allow is recruiting. What they don’t allow is transfers that don’t follow their prescribed rules. If you decide to go to a school after 8th grade it’s not a transfer. If you do it in Knox County and don’t go to the correct school it’s a problem. In other counties it doesn’t matter which school you attend  after 8th grade. If you establish yourself as an athlete at a school and then decide to go to another school, it’s a transfer. If you move to the new district and go to that school it’s not a problem. If you move to the new district but stay at the old school to finish the season then enroll in a third district, that’s a problem. He could have possibly gone to Powell legally. Sit out a year. 

19 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

What karma is that. Karma for what? We have people trying to compare completely unrelated topics. The TSSAA has transfer policies. They have the policies, because they allow it. What they don’t allow is recruiting. What they don’t allow is transfers that don’t follow their prescribed rules. If you decide to go to a school after 8th grade it’s not a transfer. If you do it in Knox County and don’t go to the correct school it’s a problem. In other counties it doesn’t matter which school you attend  after 8th grade. If you establish yourself as an athlete at a school and then decide to go to another school, it’s a transfer. If you move to the new district and go to that school it’s not a problem. If you move to the new district but stay at the old school to finish the season then enroll in a third district, that’s a problem. He could have possibly gone to Powell legally. Sit out a year. 

Karma came to Powell.